Which DAW is fastest to load?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FL Studio is instantly open. Followed by audacity. Anything else has a noticable loading time.

Reaper is a lot faster to load than Bitwig or S1 for me. Still dont use it as much as the other two tho

Cubase 11.0.10 took like 3.5 seconds just now. Half of that appears to be scanning and resolving the license on the key.
I shut it primarily to let the display rest, which it stops from happening. I used to leave it on day and night.

AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

it dont matter none which ov-em loads fast or slow. ya gotsta take into account tha tra-a-acks and shit like dat

jancivil wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:29 pm Cubase 11.0.10 took like 3.5 seconds just now. Half of that appears to be scanning and resolving the license on the key.
I shut it primarily to let the display rest, which it stops from happening. I used to leave it on day and night.
Cubase takes forever to open song files.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Rommelaar wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:27 am Fast Tracker 2

https://youtu.be/GN7bkrE4oio
Yes nothing beats trackers. Thats why they can be embedded within video games and literally only take up a few Kbs of memory.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Between Reaper and Reason it's hard to tell. Reason is pretty fast.

Cubase would have been fast if not for the frigging dongle. Every time my win machine woke up, it would lose the dongle and Cubase would freeze. Argh.

1- Reaper
2- Studio One (really fast, even with plugin scanning on startup)
3- Cakewalk
4- Waveform (Waveform doesn't load everything when startup, I have to wait a few seconds more to click on any options/projects)
5- Bitwig

FL Studio

v1o wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:05 am
Rommelaar wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:27 am Fast Tracker 2

https://youtu.be/GN7bkrE4oio
Yes nothing beats trackers. Thats why they can be embedded within video games and literally only take up a few Kbs of memory.
There's a FastTracker II homebrew-app clone for the old Nintendo DS with limited command support even. https://github.com/0xtob/nitrotracker

Ever since i disabled max/msp and VST-scanning in Live, it loads really fast.
Almost as fast as before they forced Max upon us.

Reaper loads very quickly.
At home, there is a bug with some DAWs. I have the impression that they rescan all the Vst every time. This is the case with maschine. Ableton live takes a while too. I still believe that Reaper loads very quickly.

I heard Babya Logic Super Pro XL+ 6.0 Professional Edition is the fastest.

Loads so fast it actually is fully loaded before you finish double clicking your mouse. Before you can say duper in super duper.

Not many are ready for such a powerful program though so you’ll find only a small sample of users.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Why does it matter which DAW opens fastest?
I don't get the benefit of this.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”