▶▶▶ Fly With Me ◀◀◀ One Synth Challenge Track with "Sinmad" from NUSofting

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

▶▶▶ Fly With Me ◀◀◀
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/fly-with-me

Cello Chamber Orchestra on steroids meets electro combo with buggy beta equippment (= sinmad)... I planned to add the singer (lucy) from the emvoice... But we kind of lost here to too many chocolate easter eggs with liquor and she refused to finish this track ... rather dancing with the easter bunny.

I've tried to build the track around the Cellos playing in the intro and kind of laying out the motives reused in the rest of the track. On top of that I've tried to add some groovy / danceable sections. Hope it worked out.

It's around 20 sinmads (0.93 beta), actually I have used a few presets and tweaked them. I'd say around 60% sounds from scratch. On top of that a weird amount of Bitwig FX ...

So what is the One Synth Challenge all about?
It is a monthly competition where tracks are made using only one synth for absolutely all sounds, including percussion, then voted on.
Check out for more about OSC: sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/osc-146-sinmad

Want to listen to more tracks? You might want to try viewtopic.php?p=8066246#p8066246

Best Regards
] Peter:H [

Hi Peter,
Interesting listen with some nice little musical touches in there, but...

Cello Chamber Orchestra intro seems a little 'messy' might be the added FX?

When the main groove kicks in it works well, but again, the 'cello' melodic bits seem to fight against the groove a little and undermine it somewhat.

Might just need a little less FX here and there to tidy it up? Not sure from here as such?
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

ChameleonMusic wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:59 pm Hi Peter,
Interesting listen with some nice little musical touches in there, but...

Cello Chamber Orchestra intro seems a little 'messy' might be the added FX?

When the main groove kicks in it works well, but again, the 'cello' melodic bits seem to fight against the groove a little and undermine it somewhat.

Might just need a little less FX here and there to tidy it up? Not sure from here as such?
Hi ChameleonMusic ,

thanks for your feeback. I have tried to correct a few things you mentioned... but I was distracted/annoyed by the update of sinmad which changed the overall mix ... I spent some time to correct it and then gave up ... sigh. I guess I leave it as it is and next time try to think about what you said.

] Peter:H [

Return to “Music Cafe”