Xpand! 2 is now ready for Catalina & Big Sur

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Xpand!2

A long-awaited update for Xpand2 synth plugin has just arrived from AIR Music. Xpand! 2 is now ready for macOS Catalina & Big Sur and gets new improvements for Windows! The price is $9,99 (Regular $79.99), so grab your copy right now, and thank me later ;)

https://www.producerspot.com/product/xpand-2
Last edited by producerspot on Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
:phones: Music Loops - ProducerSpot.com

What exactly are "new improvements for Windows"?

Directly from the developer "Windows 10 performance enhancements". Indeed, not too many details.

Sloppy, sloppy... If they can't be bothered to make a decent changelog...

We dropped the price to $9,99! https://www.producerspot.com/product/xpand-2

Pity the installer freezes my Windows PC too!

I wonder if they have addressed the issue with their installers and the Pace iLok soft manager ? I don't think XPand!2 was one that was affected before but reading the post above this one gives me some concern.

I'll try installing on my test system but the ban on installing Air plugin updates on my studio system will remain intact for the time being.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Mine freezes at the PACE part of install - so sounds like an issue (although I managed to install it originally somehow).
Last edited by Mr Arkadin on Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Windows improvement = don't destroy your system anymore, as I understand it...
Nice, congratulations !

The installation on my test system got stuck on "Pace License Support Win64" for quite some time but eventually finished.

It appears to have installed Pace again even though it was already recently installed.

That was the problem with the corrupt Air installers that they were installing older versions of Pace and causing serious issues on some Win 10 systems.

From Plugin Boutique:

Due to a major incompatibility issue with various AIR Music Technology software and a recent Windows 10 update, we have made the decision to remove all affected products from sale at Plugin Boutique while we await updated installers that will fix this problem. As a result of this, we DO NOT recommend Windows 10 users download and install any AIR Music Technology software, excluding the products listed with the downloads here".

The installers should not install Pace if it's already installed.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I got the update from Plugin Boutique, so they obviously need to drop that too. I'm dropping all my AIR stuff, never use it anyway.

I got my download right from Air.

Yes I'm pretty much done with them as well.

I do love XPand and Hybrid but I don't reach for them these days and hope to disinfect my studio system of Pace one day.

Too many other great plugins in my folder that don't require Pace...... :shrug:

Hmm I am in W10 and things are running quite fine.

I am confused is this update for windows 10 or not?

Unless it's for other versions on Windows? That seems backwards no?

All it says is "Windows 10 Performance Enhancements". Whatever that means...... :shrug:

Still can't resize the display?

Return to “Instruments”