Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

antic604 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:49 pm
Trancit wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:34 pm
EnGee wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:09 pm This is horrible navigation! This is why I can't use Reaper as my main DAW!
If this is the reason...why do you not just change it???

It´s quite simple to do via the actions menu...
You know what the problem with Reaper is. It's not that you can't configure things. It's that you HAVE TO configure them because most of the basics are completely wrong, or at least non-intuitive and/or non-standard.

BTW, congrats on 3k posts! :party: :hug:
Thank you...

Nevertheless I don´t know if this is the correct approach...

Fact is shortcuts and modifier keys on nearly every DAW are different...

While CTRL+ drag a clip is copy on most DAWs you have to ALT+drag in S1... silly...
and while there is absolute random behaviour in all DAWs about zooming horizontally with the mouse wheel Shift+CTRL+ Wheel is for sure one of the most silliest and hardest to press modifier combination...
but you have to adapt to it because there is no way of changing it...

There is in most DAWs so many silly stuff as default but as you cannot change it people shut up and get used to it...

Reaper for sure has it´s own silly defaults but why is this now worse if you´ve got at least the possibility to change it to your liking...
Here the same people who shut up before scream...what a f*cking DAW nothing is the right way and you have all to change manually...

Sorry that goes beyond my logic...

And please don´t tell me that all of you who came from a different DAW to S1 yelled ...Hurray, finally a DAW which has the correct defaults... I always wanted to use ALT+drag for copying and break my fingers for holding Shift+CTRL for horizontal zoom...

Sorry again folks... If you don´t like Reaper... that´s one story...
But telling Reaper is sh*tty because the defaults are wrong and one have to customize everything is not very fair while at the same moment you take every bullsh*t they serve you in other DAWs without any resistance just because you cannot change it...

Again sorry... but this is beyond every logic...

S1 borrowed most of the shortcuts from Cubase, so it is a no brainer for a Cubase use. It also come with very nice indication of shortcuts bar as a help.

So what DAW Reaper is borrowing its shortcuts? Or what Logic it depends on. In Bitwig is easy to memorise (like M for mixer and D for device ... etc. It also has something like S1 to show as a help). If Reaper borrowed it shortcuts from Pro Tools then I apologise. It make sense then, but if it is just a randomly assigned, sorry there is no logic then in its shortcuts.

Thread about: Studio one. Discussed topic: Reaper.

Some people really should crawl back under their rock. :P

EnGee wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:04 am S1 borrowed most of the shortcuts from Cubase, so it is a no brainer for a Cubase use. It also come with very nice indication of shortcuts bar as a help.

So what DAW Reaper is borrowing its shortcuts? Or what Logic it depends on. In Bitwig is easy to memorise (like M for mixer and D for device ... etc. It also has something like S1 to show as a help). If Reaper borrowed it shortcuts from Pro Tools then I apologise. It make sense then, but if it is just a randomly assigned, sorry there is no logic then in its shortcuts.
This isn´t the question... who borrowed from whom... but anyway...

chk071 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:09 am Thread about: Studio one. Discussed topic: Reaper.

Some people really should crawl back under their rock. :P
If you haven´t noticed... I was speaking about the nonsense (unchangeable) shortcuts/ modifier keys in S1...I was still on topic... 8)

Sure thing... it's just that you've spoken about Reaper, actually. As usual.

Trancit wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:25 am
antic604 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:49 pm
Trancit wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:34 pm
EnGee wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:09 pm This is horrible navigation! This is why I can't use Reaper as my main DAW!
If this is the reason...why do you not just change it???

It´s quite simple to do via the actions menu...
You know what the problem with Reaper is. It's not that you can't configure things. It's that you HAVE TO configure them because most of the basics are completely wrong, or at least non-intuitive and/or non-standard.

BTW, congrats on 3k posts! :party: :hug:
Thank you...

Nevertheless I don´t know if this is the correct approach...

Fact is shortcuts and modifier keys on nearly every DAW are different...

While CTRL+ drag a clip is copy on most DAWs you have to ALT+drag in S1... silly...
and while there is absolute random behaviour in all DAWs about zooming horizontally with the mouse wheel Shift+CTRL+ Wheel is for sure one of the most silliest and hardest to press modifier combination...
but you have to adapt to it because there is no way of changing it...

There is in most DAWs so many silly stuff as default but as you cannot change it people shut up and get used to it...

Reaper for sure has it´s own silly defaults but why is this now worse if you´ve got at least the possibility to change it to your liking...
Here the same people who shut up before scream...what a f*cking DAW nothing is the right way and you have all to change manually...

Sorry that goes beyond my logic...

And please don´t tell me that all of you who came from a different DAW to S1 yelled ...Hurray, finally a DAW which has the correct defaults... I always wanted to use ALT+drag for copying and break my fingers for holding Shift+CTRL for horizontal zoom...

Sorry again folks... If you don´t like Reaper... that´s one story...
But telling Reaper is sh*tty because the defaults are wrong and one have to customize everything is not very fair while at the same moment you take every bullsh*t they serve you in other DAWs without any resistance just because you cannot change it...

Again sorry... but this is beyond every logic...
Alt + drag to copy is the norm on macs for pretty much everything so I have absolutely no issues with that. Didn’t realize it was different in Windows.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

chk071 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:00 pm Sure thing... it's just that you've spoken about Reaper, actually. As usual.
Your posts complaining about comparing reaper and studio one are way more off topic than comparing reaper to studio one, in a studio one discussion.

Hey... if you feel like that, I won't complain about offtopic discussions anymore. It's just that I expect Studio One talk here, not Reaper talk. We already had that in every second DAW thread here. Alongside the Bitweeg zealots turning every second thread into a Bitwig thread.

I'm not interested in Reaper, I'm interested in Studio One. If it's not possible to discuss Studio One in Studio One threads, then I won't really be interested in reading those threads.

And don't tell me that Trancit is in any way interested to discuss about Studio One. All that he is interested in is defending his favorite DAW. And preaching the merits of it, in comparison with Studio One or other DAW's.

chk071 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:21 pm And don't tell me that Trancit is in any way interested to discuss about Studio One. All that he is interested in is defending his favorite DAW. And preaching the merits of it, in comparison with Studio One or other DAW's.
I fear you are wrong here mate...

If so I would have spoken about FLS and not Reaper... :D

The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

BONES wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:04 am I imagine that scrolling scrolls the window, like it does in every single application in the history of the universe, so I kind of get why they wouldn't want to f**k around with that.
YOU CAN TOTALLY IGNORE IT AND IT WILL STILL BE THE SAME. Why does an option that you never even have to see or know about seem to bother you? I'm just kind of in awe that anyone would argue against this. You can't tell me the Studio One editing options are bloated, there's literally 8 editing options and 4 of them aren't even editing options (admittedly I'm on prime). It'd be one extra check box for a very useful control.

It doesn't bother me at all because I can do it easily enough. What bothers me is why you think it has to be exactly the way you want it to be when a) there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for why it is the way it is and b) there's a very simple way to get the functionality you want, which I have explained to you. Honestly, you're behaving like a child. When I explained to you how to zoom horizontally, I expected a "thanks", not to be told to f**k off.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Trancit wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:39 pm
EnGee wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:04 am S1 borrowed most of the shortcuts from Cubase, so it is a no brainer for a Cubase use. It also come with very nice indication of shortcuts bar as a help.

This isn´t the question... who borrowed from whom... but anyway...
I already answered you in the previous page! Anyway, I'm out as I don't use S1 nor Reaper anymore!

I've got an issue with a Reaktor ensemble and Transform to Audio, it's creating clicks/pops at the beginning for the first 4 bars, if I make the event longer than I need where it's starting before I need it to and I have a few midi notes those first notes will now have the clicks but the rest plays fine. It's odd because I can make a new track with the same ensemble and it prints audio fine, it seems to just be this one track and yes I have disabled all plugs when I print, I've even tried printing with everything disabled apart from the single ensemble and it produces the same result.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”