Stone Voices - Brandulator 2.0 (Free)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Brandulator 2.0
VST2 and VST3 version

Freeware VST Plugin Brandulator is a complex sound processor that allows you to get quite interesting combined effects - comb filters, trance gate, vocoder, wah-wah, various types of modulation (chorus, flanger, phaser, ring, etc.). The work of this plugin is based on splitting the original signal into uniform intervals, in accordance with the tempo of the musical composition, to each of which a certain type of processing can be applied.

To expand the functionality of the plug-in, there are three individual channels of sound processing, with adjustable volume and panning, which allows you to create a realistic stereo sound picture. Each channel has 16 pairs of mode / key controls called steps. It is possible to set the parameters of the steps both individually and in a group method. Also, this can be done both in manual and in automatic mode, in accordance with the required harmonic law, of which there are about three hundred different scales in the plugin's database.

Screenshot:

Demo video: https://youtu.be/0bkWNBAAXOU

Features:
  • 64-bit sound processing (double precision).
  • Randomization with options.
  • Group editing of same parameters.
  • Meters controls of output levels.
  • 106 factory presets.
  • 306 musical scales database.
  • Functions for working with presets and banks.
  • Help manual.
Requirements:
  • Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 / macOS 10.11 or newer
  • DAW with support for VST plugins
  • Default Web Browser
Links:

Homepage (download here)
Download for macOS (For our patrons only on patreon.com)
Donation

Download and enjoy! :tu:
Last edited by vasyan on Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thanks for the update. I was a fan of the original, this looks to be a worthy update.
Nice video also.

MRT wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:28 pm I was a fan of the original, this looks to be a worthy update.
The old version was written in the era of Windows XP in Delphi and contained inaccuracies in the work. Repeatedly I had to receive bug reports from Windows 10 users.
Now the strategy has changed, I develop all plugins in C++, and the code of the old ones has to be ported from other programming languages.

Thanks, Vasily! :D

Is this similar concept to that old AdrenaLinn plugin modeled after the hardware?

That would be sweet, as i think dev stopped on that and its only 32bit

Downloaded Brandulator today and spent some time playing around with it. Really impressed. Its easy to get great sounds and sequences. Lots of very usable presets too.

metalifuxx wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:37 pm Is this similar concept to that old AdrenaLinn plugin modeled after the hardware?
In fact, the concept of such a device was born to me a very long time ago, about thirty years ago. :wink:
In 1993, I made a hardware device ZLooper, which I then implemented as a plugin in the mid-2000s.

After there was the first version of the Brandulator:

bagpipe200 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:55 pm Downloaded Brandulator today and spent some time playing around with it. Really impressed. Its easy to get great sounds and sequences. Lots of very usable presets too.
Yeah, I ran a simple drum loop through it and ended up with a cool counter melody, added some delays and found myself with a neat 'maximalist' ambient piece. :)

Thanks Vasyan.

Warning
Into .zip file the vst 32 are 64 bit

Turello wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:19 pm Warning
Into .zip file the vst 32 are 64 bit
Thanks for the hint. Now everything has been fixed.

Look forward to trying this. I love stuff like this. I used to do shows where I’d load up an Electrix Repeater and then process them with an Adrenalinn. That rig is long gone but this could be just the thing.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Super impressed with the demo vid. Will definitely try this plugin in my music. :tu:

BTW, I'd really love to see your original hardware effect, but the img didn't show. Could you try again? (Small-size imgs can be uploaded to KVR.)

Thanks for your generosity, giving it away for free (will donate through Paypal if I use it)!
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:48 pm BTW, I'd really love to see your original hardware effect, but the img didn't show. Could you try again? (Small-size imgs can be uploaded to KVR.)
Hi SparkySpark! The hardware effect was made as an experimental model in 1993, when Stone Voices was part of Sovtek (a subsidiary of Electro-Harmonix), but there was only one channel and performed a purely Comb + function. Since the company was located on the territory of a military plant, shooting photos was prohibited, so there are no photos. This device was never launched into mass production.

vasyan wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:56 am Hi SparkySpark! The hardware effect was made as an experimental model in 1993, when Stone Voices was part of Sovtek (a subsidiary of Electro-Harmonix), but there was only one channel and performed a purely Comb + function. Since the company was located on the territory of a military plant, shooting photos was prohibited, so there are no photos. This device was never launched into mass production.
Wow, what a story! (I thought there was supposed to be a photo in your above post, as it has a broken-image icon.)

Good luck with future development. :tu:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Very nice effector. Tho looks scary complex.
Subscribe me. I need folowers.
SoundCloud / Youtube / some music

Return to “Effects”