Tone2 Warlock (synthesizer) - available now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Warlock

fisherKing wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:21 pm
Spitfire31 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:15 pm I'm playing the demo in Logic Pro using Element. No sweat.

https://kushview.net/product/element-single-download/
personally, am not up for subscription-model apps; i also prefer that my plugins work and are supported (in logic) by their developers.

but glad this is a viable workaround!
I agree completely about subs, but Element isn't a mandatory subscription. 2 bucks will get you a one-off at the current state of development.

OTOH, there are lots of AU:s working with M1, so it seems it's not that much of a hurdle, is it?
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

How do we know if a new version is available? Sounds like Warlock officially released today (assuming full v.1.0 non beta now) but there is nothing on the website about where to download.

I wanted to buy it, but just does not work at all.
Gave all the informations, filled all fields, but just did not let me buy it.
Strange
Never mind, just got it working.

how do you apply licence number, seems like it is still in release candidate stage...

Firebird 2 no longer available? Why, if I may ask?

- Mario

how do you apply licence number
You don't need to do anything. Just double-click on the installer and run it.
How do we know if a new version is available?
The download-links for the updates have been sent by email. The current version is v1.0 rc4. To view the version number open Warlock, then click on FILE->'Show version info'.
Firebird 2 no longer available?
It has reached the end of the product-lifecycle in the year 2017:
https://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=2521.0

Markus Krause wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:46 pm
The download-links for the updates have been sent by email. The current version is v1.0 rc4. To view the version number open Warlock, then click on FILE->'Show version info'.
thanks!

Maybe it's because I haven't had a Tone2 synth before but the patch and bank system is hard to get my head around. Here's the way I understand it:

1) When I select a factory bank and either init or randomize, the patch name in the bank gets updated with the name random or init and I lose the original patch in the patch list until I reload the plugin.
2) If I want to save a patch in another bank, say User A, and I switch banks, it also switches the preset to the first preset of the new bank. How can I save to a different bank?

Clearly, I'm not getting something crucial to understanding how it works. I did read the manual.

Thanks,

P.S. i LOVE this synth. Hope you add MPE!

FILE

The file-menu stores and saves patches. A single patch is a fxp file. A sound-bank consists of 128 patches and is a t2b file.
All patches that come with warlock are built-in within the vst3/dll file. They are no separate files on your harddisc.

- Loads a single patch (.fxp).
- Loads a sound-bank with 128 patches (.t2b).
- Saves a single patch (.fxp),
- Saves a sound-bank with 128 patches (.t2b).
- Copy the current patch
- Paste a previously copied patch to the current slot

Hint: If you want to assemble your own sound-bank you can load several single patches at once. When you hold down the shift key when the file-dialog for fxp loading is opened, you can also select several files. Warlock will now load all selected fxp files.

Hint: You can automatically load your own sound-bank to Warlock on startup. Place UserA.t2b to "Documents\Tone2\Warlock\" (on PC) or "/Library/Application Support/Tone2/Warlock/" (on Mac) . When you select UserA as a sound-bank in Warlock your own one will be loaded.

Hint: It is possible to rename a patch. First use 'Save patch (.fxp) to save it to your harddisc. Then rename the file with the explorer/finder. Finally import it with 'Load patch (.fxp)' again.

Markus Krause wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:15 am FILE
This sounds like a paste from the online manual which I did read. But I think I comprehend now. Even though the name of the preset changes in the current bank you have loaded, it doesn't automatically write it to disk. You have to manually save the bank to overwrite it.

So is it true that you cannot save a preset in another bank within Warlock without first first writing it to disk and then manually merging it into a new bank by the same name?

And if I want to save my custom bank to be loaded automatically, then I can move it to /Library/Application Support/Tone2/Warlock/ (I'm on Mac) and name it "UserA.t2b"?

So it seems like all the patch saving is kind of a manual process. Maybe it's overall better this way once you get used to it.

Seems overly complicated but maybe I'll be proven wrong.

thanks.

I've purchased Warlock after playing with the demos of Warlock and Icarus 2 last week.

The winner for me was - Warlock. I've purchased it for the simple GUI, the best Random button ever and the clean, fat sound.
I've tested in Cubase and Bitwig. No performance problems at all.

I've finished a first track with Warlock in Cubase - no additional synths used, - within 6 hours, and it sounded like done with hardware.

I will test it now in Bitwig.

So, when ever I need more than the one available LFO, I will simply add Bitwig modulators for that job.
Same for the arpeggiator. Or any needed midi/audio fx device.

Hint for users THAT HAVE Komplete Kontrol.

I prefer to load Warlock within Komplete Kontrol. All the synth parameters are available in the control section, and so my KK keyboard feels like hardware.

Advantage: I don't need to care of the old fxp/fxb system. I can simply create/tweak patches and use them as user presets with refined tags within Komplete Kontrol.

Many thanks, Markus!

I  can only say that from TONE2 I love Warlock as well as Icarus 2. It is not a blind adoration, :hail: it is the product and result of using both and learning to get their best but especially unique and spectacular features, while at the same time I am aware of the limitations that may exist, but which are minimized next to the great advantages.

Markus could develop an enlarged version of Warlock, called MerLynth or The Lord of the Synth :)
But it should necessarily be more costly.

Meanwhile, for me, the main feature of Warlock is that for less money it bring an incredible (inspiring and useful the most) array of presets (2000+) quickly but enuff effective synthesis , fast, practical and useful structure, fantastic HQ sound, and a jaw dropping random function.
BTW it remind me of SB Drumcomputer drummer synth for creating impressive new random kits with just a click also.

And YES, YES and YES, the COST FACTOR is critical for me, since I live in a country plunged into a dark and long dictatorship in which, although it sounds surreal to the rest of the world, even ten bucks can mean the difference between feeding my family or not, one more day .
But I need to keep my dreams live to continue doing music despite everything.

To buy Warlock I had to sacrifice a smaller part of my survival budget, and I thanks Tone2 for that!! If some features are missing in Warlock, it is highly offset by the amazing features for the price. And I'm sure many think the same, and not necessary to live in this nightmare. Simply a budget's subject, normal in a greater or lesser degree in any society.

Peace to TONE2 and everyone! :tu:

I just dont know what to say...I need for this thread to stay open, well Markus needs this thread to stay open and he deserves the respect here...so here's the deal and this means absolutely everybody...even if you think it cant possibly be you because your are an absolute saint...dont care...if it isnt about the synth its gone, if you think someone is being offensive report it...thats how I came here today and saw people causing undue drama by trying to be the ones to set others straight...just report it...dont engage...hear that...dont engage...because 12 year olds listen better at work I am going to say it again (yes I say these words nonstop at work)...dont engage...report it.

Show some respect for Markus
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hi Markus,

I'm loving the sounds of Warlock and the VST2 seems pretty solid but I am getting a lot of crashes in the VST3 version (Windows 10 Pro). Is an update to the VST3 coming anytime soon? Also, how will I get it as there doesn't seem to be an account I can log into at Tone 2? Thanks

Updates have been sent to the email account you used so I imagine it will continue to be that way.

I haven't used the VST3 version but what DAW(s) are you using and are there steps to reproduce the crashes ? I can test later today to see if I get the same results.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”