warped tracks in Ableton change kick volumes

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello. So im preparing a live set, and im warping some original tracks to perform and sing over them. Im noticing that the warped tracks make the kicks change volumes in a very irregular way. As if messing pop the transients or something like this. This is something new I didn't notice before.

Any clues?
paz por esos mundos

pascual wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:13 pm Hello. So im preparing a live set, and im warping some original tracks to perform and sing over them. Im noticing that the warped tracks make the kicks change volumes in a very irregular way. As if messing pop the transients or something like this. This is something new I didn't notice before.

Any clues?
Some warping modes might mess up the transient, which would be consistent in feeling they're quieter or inconsistent. Beats or Complex Pro mode should work better.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I’m aware of the different warping algorithms. But this are full songs, and beats mode would actually sound worse.
paz por esos mundos

pascual wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:51 am I’m aware of the different warping algorithms. But this are full songs, and beats mode would actually sound worse.
Repitch is the generally accepted method for warping full tracks, because it preserves transients and sounds the most natural. Unless you are intending on deviating significantly from the originally recorded tempos of your tracks, it should be your first choice. It's been good enough for DJs for 40 odd years!
Always Read the Manual!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”