Looking for a slicer plugin like Serato Sample that has an export function

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I want to slice up a Wav file of guitar audio I have created, preferably locating the best spots to slice.

Also, the option to accurately pitch shift would be nice.

Serato Sample had an excellent pitch shift, but sadly has no export function.

If anyone knows of a user-friendly VST (Not Tx16Wx!) that has a free trial,
I would be very grateful!

I have been searching for hours, tried 5 different programs, and surprised I haven't found something suitable by now.

As a workaround you could try MPC Beats' Auto Sampler together with Serato Sampler.

I just had a look at that.
Seems you have to create a midi file, link that to your Sampler, then do an audio mixdown to get the fragment you want.

I'm after a more elegant solution.
Something that can cut the Wav file into pieces and let me save them.
Ideally with markers for the ideal cutting locations between notes.

Try Vice by New Sonic Arts, you can export audio and midi.

sseltenrych wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:47 am I just had a look at that.
Seems you have to create a midi file, link that to your Sampler, then do an audio mixdown to get the fragment you want.
The Auto Sampler does most of the work. Only thing is that your wav files all will have the same length according to your settings.

But I agree this solution is far from ideal as you would also make all the chops in MPC Beats instead of your DAW, because afaik Serato Sample doesn't allow you to save your work as presets.

Edison/Slicex

+1 for Vice, perfect slicer.

Initial Slice is Probably my favorite PLugin for quick and efficient slicing at the moment

Initial slice is okay, but it's glitchy on my M1 mac. and also lacks a lot of intuitive features I would expect.

Not really a sampler but Redux has what you're looking for.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”