Brainworx bx_limiter True Peak : let's discuss

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

490A796F-CB4C-444A-B884-050EE85AB1F5.jpeg
In their own words:
Brainworx bx_limiter True Peak is a completely new design. Use it to confidently hit your loudness targets without leaving behind any distortion-inducing inter-sample peaks, and without compromising on the sound quality of your masters.

Intro Price: $149.99 with voucher code
TRUEPEAK-INTRO-14999
Use this code during checkout. Offer available until May 10.

PA Partner Offers
Save BIG if you already own bx_limiter, bx_digital V3, bx_XL V2, bx_masterdesk, elysia alpha compressor, AMEK EQ 200, Bettermaker EQ232D, Dangerous Music BAX EQ, ADPTR Audio Metric AB, SPL HawkEye, ProAudioDSP DSM V3, Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor (or Class A), SPL IRON, Black Box HG-2 or Black Box HG-2MS. Log in to your account and simply add the bx_limiter True Peak to your cart!
Special License Offer: $129.99

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... _peak.html

Someone already tested it?
Someone already an opinion?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by martinjuenke on Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Havn't tested it yet, but the description itself put me off already. Too much marketing bs.

I'm trying the demo now and first impression is that it's very CPU hungry. Does what supposed to do, limits. I don't find the tone control particularly useful. The metering is nice.

You can change the color of the GUI elements but I don't see a way to resize the plugin however it's a perfect size at 1080p, don't know how that would translate to 4k. Perhaps it auto resizes based on resolution.

Like all the PA effects plugins I've tried it uses your DAW's preset handling which for their list price I find a bit clunky.

I've got a boat load of limiters and this one doesn't impress me enough to justify even the $130 price. I'm sure others will disagree.

So I'll pass based on the high CPU demand and price tag. I don't think it will be particularly tempting even when it hits the $29 mega sale range in a year or two but again others will no doubt disagree..... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Erm... I've quite a few limiters already. Not exactly anything new here.

And my favorite thus far is Pro-L2 so no real need to even demo this one I guess.

$29?

I didn't tested it yet but it's obviously a game changer.

On a serious note I'll be surprised if it will beat limiters like Ozone.

simmo75 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:18 pm$29?
Next year when the drop the price as they normally do. ;)

Effectsworks wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:25 pm
Next year when the drop the price as they normally do. ;)
It will be within 6 months.
PA are the budget plugin kings :)

I am very happy they released a new limiter with a more up to date interface, i will get in the black friday sale for 29 surely.
dedication to flying

Too late to the game Di*k.

plexuss wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:19 pm Too late to the game Di*k.
for $29 in a few months it won't be too bad of a deal for someone who doesn't have a decent limiter yet though (provided this one is actually decent of course)
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

I've been comparing limiters lately doing more self-mastering and I'll definitely try this one out. I have been getting good results with Stealth Limiter . I am intrigued regarding their comments regarding how they optimized the oversampling mode to reduce artifacts. Although I doubt I could hear them even if present. Some of these technical claims would have us grow oscilloscopes for ears and spectrum analyzers for eyes. And with that a whole boat-load of people will claim that they can instantly hear the improvement as they can penetrate their now 3d mixes with their improved sound stage and ever so sweet lingering reverb tails before they breakup at the onset of noise which is audible to them at -120db. But I digress.

simmo75 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:40 pm It will be within 6 months.
PA are the budget plugin kings :)
Very true! Good budget plugins. :lol:

i don't see any lookahaed, oversampling and dither options/button/dials
am i blind or are they hidden somewhere... ?
or considered to be a thing of the past?

They do regular sales where you can pick any plugin in their roster for $29. During black friday sales I think they do three or five days in a row where you can use a $29 coupon each day.

Return to “Effects”