Aurora FM - New Win(32/64) VSTi FM synthesizer - Introductory pricing

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aurora FM

Can I ask, how do users find the CPU load of Aurora?

Seems very low!

buzz1 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:15 pm Can I ask, how do users find the CPU load of Aurora?
If you use REAPER, ctrl + alt + p.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

crickey13 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:19 am However, the new version completely crashes Cakewalk the instant you attempt to instantiate AuroraFM in the DAW, so be sure to check that out. It works fine in Renoise though.
Confirmed. Looks like Cakewalk wasn't tested, and so of course it does things a little differently than every other VST host. Easy fix though. I'll have that up before too long.

Thanks for reporting this!

You're welcome, Ryan, I wish you luck and hope you will get out of the financial slump soon. I'm saving up for a couple of other things in the meantime, but I will definitely get onboard at some point because I love the sound of FM and I think you've created a great sounding FM synth. It's excellent you've implemented oversampling BTW. I'm just not gonna buy it right away, my budget is kinda tight and have to pick up a couple of other things beforehand.

Thanks so much, kind sir! Aurora FM will be here for you when you're ready (and probably with one or two fewer bugs...).

RyFi wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:55 pm
Hey. Thanks for your interest. Here's the best response I can make right at this moment:
Wow, i didnt expect that long of a response, i simple yes or no would have been enough for me. :)

Also i get the strong impression that you misunderstood the intend of my question, causing emotional upheaval which i certainly did not want to.

I did consider writing a more detailed response(and still can if you would like that) but i will summarize it like this:
I hugely appreciate your dedication to making a pure fm synth.
To me it shows your trust in how capable fm is and possibly encourages building a synth leveraging fm fully.
Soundwise and functionally you have created a very nice synth that shows some nice attention to a good workflow.

Otoh i have more concerns now than before asking my question so i will stay away from buying and using Aurora( beautiful name btw, its the second name of my daughter) .
Instead i donated some money through your old stuff section to show my appreciation for the good work you have done on this synth.

I wish you all the best and hope you are successful in the marketplace.
Andy is a support ninja.

uselessmind wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:44 am ...
( beautiful name btw, its the second name of my daughter) .
Thanks, and that's a lovely middle name for your daughter! It's indeed a lovely word (and an incredible astronomical phenomenon, naturally).
uselessmind wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:44 am Instead i donated some money through your old stuff section to show my appreciation for the good work you have done on this synth.

I wish you all the best and hope you are successful in the marketplace.
Wow, that is very unexpected and incredibly kind and generous of you - thank you so much!! :o I sincerely appreciate it! I almost find it difficult to understand why you'd do something like that, without getting or expecting anything in return, and if I was in a better position I'd gladly decline your generosity... but unfortunately it really does make a difference, so all I can do is thank you again, profusely, for both the donation as well as the kind words and support!

If you ever change your mind regarding Aurora FM, please remind me of this (I don't keep track of which names/emails are who on KVR...) and I'll definitely count your donation as a credit towards it, that's just a given. :tu:

Just wanted to post a Thank You to Ryan for a really nice FM synth, Great support (LOL sorry have no idea why Android added the .txt extension to my license file) and for making the license perpetual instead of challenge\response.
Nice job on the Aurora FM 1.0 update, hope it does very well for you.

"Changed licensing from machine-tied to standard perpetual license file"

Off for purchase! Thank you! :-)
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

mladi wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:30 pm "Changed licensing from machine-tied to standard perpetual license file"

Off for purchase! Thank you! :-)
FrettedSynth wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:28 pm Just wanted to post a Thank You to Ryan for a really nice FM synth, Great support (LOL sorry have no idea why Android added the .txt extension to my license file) and for making the license perpetual instead of challenge\response.
Nice job on the Aurora FM 1.0 update, hope it does very well for you.
Thank you so much! :tu:

Hi,
I really like the sound of this. My only real question is whether or not the pitches/ frequencies (ideally both separately) of individual operators are independently modulatable in real time. This is something that wasn't available in the classic hardware, but can add serious movement to a sound.

My only other question is whether or not MPE is in the cards for this thing (not a big deal but would be awesome). I'll be checking out the demo when I'm in the studio later.

JJ

Edit: still testing. Love the sound, have no problem with the GUI, everything is right there.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:12 pm Hi,
I really like the sound of this. My only real question is whether or not the pitches/ frequencies (ideally both separately) of individual operators are independently modulatable in real time. This is something that wasn't available in the classic hardware, but can add serious movement to a sound.

My only other question is whether or not MPE is in the cards for this thing (not a big deal but would be awesome). I'll be checking out the demo when I'm in the studio later.

JJ
Thank you! And thanks for the interest.

Most definitely, each of the operators' pitches is independently moddable by the five primary mod sources (and is in fact a fixed mod routing of prime importance, as you'll see).

And there are plenty of other ways to add movement to sound. The Unison Detune parameter, when only using one voice of unison (oxymoron, I know), becomes an all-operators detune control, and it's moddable by every source in the mod matrix. You could use one of the Note-Random sources for different amounts of detune on each note, for instance. Per-operator waveform depth might be another good parameter to modulate for adding complexity. Etc.

MPE: no specific plans yet, but it could be a possibility. I'm not exactly sure where things are going next.... :?:

Ryan

i have not bought in yet, but i've been watching, and this seems like one of the better fm's at moment. nice job. i'm watching.

Dasheesh wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:08 pm i have not bought in yet, but i've been watching, and this seems like one of the better fm's at moment. nice job. i'm watching.
Thank you!

Return to “Instruments”