processed vocal-synth / vocal-sampled type of sound in modern pop-dance and trap music

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I keep hearing in modern dance, pop and hip-hop/trap music alot, of this type of vocal-synth or vocal-sampled type of effect or synth. I dont even know how to call it i searched online on YouTube how to do it but can't find anything.
sound kind of like a word is put into a sampler, processes somehow probably with formant and with reverb added.
are there sample libraries or a vsti for this type of sounds ?
sorry I don't know what it's called. how is this sound even called ?
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

Output Exhale was a collection of processed modern pop vocals, though it was a few years ago so it might be kinda dated by now.

One common type of processed vocals is often called "vocal chops" - basically cut up and repitched bits of vocal phrases. Another common sound would be a vocoder - that's more of the robotic/metallic voice thing.

Checkout waves vocoder - Ovox -
Perhaps it's what you're after based on the mention of synth vocals.

Izotope have a vocal processor VocalSynth2 as well, plenty of youtubes on it

looks like the term "vocal chops" is what I was looking for

Do you have kontakt?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

If you do then all you need is a couple vocal phrase samples, and an auto tuner (free ones will do) to do this super quick and easy.

like here in this song in the beginning with lots of reverb there is the type of vocal chops I'm looking for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOt-FtehBp4

But when I try to search for "vocal chops" find only vocal stutter type of vocals which are not what I'm looking for

Ah_Dziz wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:16 am Do you have kontakt?
Yes

So far the closest what I found, actually was recommend to me on Gearspace: Output Arcade HOOKED.
Just started my 30day free trial. Loving these “Hooked” banks.
Other instruments like drum kits are alittle confusing to find what I’m looking for but this vocal “hooked” thing is what I needed. The $10/month is kinda steep tho. I already have splice subscription but splice doesn’t have quality vocals like arcade hooked.

Edit: these are kontakt instructions.
Take any vocal melody that's in the key and cut to an even number of bars or one bar. Then set the mode to time machine 2 and assign the pitch bend to a whole octave and then set the mod she'll to stretch the speed out the higher you set it with the "invert button". Then slice it into individual syllables by hand or by using the auto slice to cut it into sixteenths or eights then proceed to trigger the samples in a rhythm you enjoy and fiddle with the pitch bend while playing back and add me messages right at the not one to fiddle with the stretching. You'll get an even better sound by slapping a realtime autotuner on the output. This will get you what you want.
Edit: set the autotuner to the key of your song of course. And play with the formant control as well. I often find that an envelope controlled flanger or phaser on the final out can add a cool flavor.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”