/* static noise */

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I absolutely love it. Not just as a limiter either. All of the modules are very good, and I love that you can order them however you want. The meter is also a huge bonus, very nice indeed!

It is "OK", but I would never let it touch my master bus. There are so many better solutions out there....

audioloco wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:18 am It is "OK", but I would never let it touch my master bus. There are so many better solutions out there....
why not? also what are the better solutions then?

According to a certain multi-grammy winning mastering engineer it handles true peaks better than Pro-L2, Ozone, etc.

audioloco wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:18 am It is "OK", but I would never let it touch my master bus. There are so many better solutions out there....
Justify this statement please

I am a 16 LUFS mastering guy. So I am not looking to crush the audio to make it louder :borg: . I have and have tried many ITB limiters for mastering settling on Limitless because of the over-all clean sound and option to easily multi-band and clip. The Limitless clipper is very nice and suits high fidelity audio mastering. I've used Limiter 6 for mastering and it's not as clean and dynamic sounding as Limitless but it's workflow is a bit more work which is again why I've stuck with Limitless. I felt Limiter 6 imparted grittiness or raspiness to transients - something I'd use Limiter 6 for in mastering if I wanted that sound, or as a character track limiter.

Limiter 6 vs Barricade is like hard stop tape vs soft tape sound limiting yo me. But yes it can be used for right purposes and may suit many music styles. It is character not transparent.

Limiter 6 clipping&/peaklimiting some 1dB off peaks -> Limitless sounds really good for peaky material and makes limitless work less.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

legendCNCD wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:39 pm Limiter 6 clipping&/peaklimiting some 1dB off peaks -> Limitless sounds really good for peaky material and makes limitless work less.
Why not use Limitless' built in good sounding clipper?

plexuss wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:06 pm
legendCNCD wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:39 pm Limiter 6 clipping&/peaklimiting some 1dB off peaks -> Limitless sounds really good for peaky material and makes limitless work less.
Why not use Limitless' built in good sounding clipper?
Used it too, it really depends.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

I feel like all TDR plug-ins is somewhat transparent and yet is a little warm for my taste. When I use it for mastering it becomes very obvious especially nova sounding really dark.
Back to Limiter 6, this is a character limiter not the one that gives you Aahhh..
I prefer Melda Limiter for their transparency and analog feel when the variable saturation engaged. I will try the Limitless tho.
Check out some of my latest mixes and remixes:https://soundcloud.com/thinkmusic007

i think this is totallly multi purpose plugin. super cool for compression buses and crazy analog sound maker. i think this is very good on master limit especially for more rawish electronic sounds but acoustic too. i using it on anything and it works. some settings are very clean here but overall i using it for character

I don't like it for mastering. It's too heavy handed for me. I do use it in tracking/mixing however.

I started using it exclusively as my mastering limiter. It's holding up pretty well. 3x is needed , and dont push it crazy hard and it's good to go. I could probably learn the internal chain more especially the clipper but I tend to use the one I'm used to a bit more.

Who said it was comparable to Pro L and Limitless ?
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:36 pm I started using it exclusively as my mastering limiter. It's holding up pretty well. 3x is needed , and dont push it crazy hard and it's good to go. I could probably learn the internal chain more especially the clipper but I tend to use the one I'm used to a bit more.

Who said it was comparable to Pro L and Limitless ?
I use Limitless as my final mastering limiter. For me, Limiter 6GE is not a contender against Limitless for my uses. Limiter 6GE get's used for other tasks however. It's a prefectly fine limiter.

Return to “Effects”