DSPplug plug-ins switching to 64-Bit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, there's various stigmas with 32-bit software these days, and rather than hold out and complain about the various fors and against - I'm dropping the 32 but versions of DSPplug plug-ins that are directly available for use.

All (31) VST2 and VST3 plug-ins at KVRaudio have now been updated to being ONLY 64 Bit

The realization is that older 32 bit .dll VST3, and VST2 files are being detected as malware by the company Malware bytes who seems to have an agenda, because in turn the same 64 bit versions do not. But this obviously is information that can cause frustration at KVRaudio and I'd like to avoid that.

If you're hard pressed for the use of 32 bit versions please get ahold of Me and I can provide the downloads to those in a private area made available, but only to those who are willing to check that they understand that 32bit .dll's are now being detected as malware by a small number of security companies and DSPplug is not responsible for any damages, whether actual or percieved resulting.

I felt this was the only professional response to this, and I thank those who considered DSPplug in the past and into the future.

https://youtu.be/EkYIwHhkxkA

Furthermore, given that recently I was made aware of this issue; though a false positive, I remind those downloading and purchasing audio plug-ins to first scan with an anti-virus/malware program and only use those software's made by those which you feel you can trust. There certainly is many exploits possible, though in most things the same is true obviously.

Return to “Effects”