Who as tried Arturia FX? How do they compare to waves and soundtoys. thanks!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Who as tried Arturia FX? How do they compare to waves and soundtoys. thanks!!

I think pretty good overall. Their delays are really growing on me...

They’re very good, but be careful. If you buy the FX Collection, you will find out that it doesn’t include all their effects, for some reason. It gets pretty expensive if you want them all. Still, worth it.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I have the Arturia ones and like the enough that I've never been bothered to try Soundtoys or Waves. Not sure what sort of endorsement that is but there you go.

zerocrossing wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:32 pm They’re very good, but be careful. If you buy the FX Collection, you will find out that it doesn’t include all their effects, for some reason. It gets pretty expensive if you want them all. Still, worth it.
Sometimes they bundle them together, that's how I got them. The new ones are really nice, too.

gondii wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:45 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:32 pm They’re very good, but be careful. If you buy the FX Collection, you will find out that it doesn’t include all their effects, for some reason. It gets pretty expensive if you want them all. Still, worth it.
Sometimes they bundle them together, that's how I got them. The new ones are really nice, too.
I got them in two bundles, the FX Collection, and the “Three Modulation Effects” bundle. What made me the most angry was that I already owned the Preamp bundle and there was no cross grade, so I said, “f’m” and bought the FX Collection used, but I paid full price for the Modulation Effects. I couldn’t sell the Preamp bundle so I gave it to Loutza. (RIP)
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I like them - pretty solid sound and feature-set and I like GUIs. They are more "middle of the road" good quality vs being experimental or high in character like Soundtoys. Waves is a joke compared to the Arturia effects, IMO. YMMV

I had the delays for a while. Pretty decent, but when I chose to sell off my delays, they went. (Valhalla and Permut8 stayed.)

I use Plate-140, which was a holiday gift, pretty regularly.

I have and use all 3 brands. Arturia FX sound much higher quality to me. You can drive all of them and they sound really cool. The spring verb is especially good. I'd say the modelling is a big step up from the other 2 brands. They can also be more CPU intensive.

I love all three companies. I do however think it's a bit weird to compare the Arturia FX to Waves in general - makes imo very little sense to be tbh. The former are a few years old at the most, much of the Waves stuff is pretty old by now (decades basically). Some of the newer Waves stuff however is of the highest analog-emulating quality and easily on par with the Arturia stuff - e.g. Metafilter and J37 come to mind (both are insanely good and tbh I rate these a bit higher than the Arturia stuff).

Soundtoys is great but imo not at all on par when it comes to analog modelling.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

plexuss wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:59 am I like them - pretty solid sound and feature-set and I like GUIs. They are more "middle of the road" good quality vs being experimental or high in character like Soundtoys. Waves is a joke compared to the Arturia effects, IMO. YMMV
Totally agree with this.
Waves are cartoonish. They over exaggerate the "character" of their models in order to hype studio mythology. I use a lot of Arturia synths and FX. I don't use or own any Waves or SoundToys.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I own every Arturia plugin. The fx sound fine. They're not mindblowing but they are useful. I use their choruses a lot.

I'd put the on par with soundtoys and waves. BTW anyone that's says ALL of the Waves stuff sucks either hasn't actually tried all of it, or doesn't have ears (or monitors).

I like them. But I don't find them that useful if you want to go bonkers and push the settings. They are very normal sounding and are difficult to make sound "bad". But they are not the best choice for sound design. For that Soundtoys wins hands down. Soundtoys can easily do both - from normal all the way to crazy.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

they look like they were made in synthedit. i can't believe i'm saying this about an arturia product.

Arturia effects are really nice. The delays are great!

Return to “Effects”