The One Synth You Somehow Still Haven't Gotten Around to Buying Yet (But Definitely Will)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cryophonik wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:06 pm Not a synth, but Keyscape is the only one that comes to mind for me. I have all the other Spectrasonics products and use Omni and Trillian religiously, so it should be a no-brainer for me. I just haven't had much time for making music lately, so I guess I'm just waiting until I do before spending the money on it.
Keyscape is a ton of fun if you love electric pianos in particular. There's better individual instruments out there, for Rhodes and Wurli IMO, but Keyscape's versions are consistently excellent and you get a giant cross-section of instruments, including some pretty rare stuff. It's a good purchase. If you're in the US, I recommend picking it up when Musicians Friend or Guitar Center send out a 20% off coupon, as these apply to Spectrasonics plugins and that's the closest to a sale you get.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:38 pm If you're in the US, I recommend picking it up when Musicians Friend or Guitar Center send out a 20% off coupon, as these apply to Spectrasonics plugins and that's the closest to a sale you get.
Good thinking, although, I can't recall the last time I received a coupon. Maybe I need to check my spam folder or re-register or something. :tu:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:41 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:38 pm If you're in the US, I recommend picking it up when Musicians Friend or Guitar Center send out a 20% off coupon, as these apply to Spectrasonics plugins and that's the closest to a sale you get.
Good thinking, although, I can't recall the last time I received a coupon. Maybe I need to check my spam folder or re-register or something. :tu:
There's some way to sign up for them. I get constant 10% coupons, an occasional 15% off coupon, but a couple of times a year there's the elusive 20% off coupon. That's when you order the Spectrasonics stuff! it's among the few products that aren't on the exclusion list. :lol:

Cherry Audio DCO-106. Will buy it when i go full 64bit, which won't happen anytime soon :hihi: Could use it bridged in reaper and also i've heard Kushview Element can bridge < does bridge 64bit to 32bit though? Reason i'm asking is because my daw of choice is energyXT which is 32bit only. I do have Reaper but i don't use it that much tbh.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Spire.....it sounds the best to me....I keep trying to make all others sound like it but can't.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Pianoteq.

You don't need to say it. I already know.
I hate signatures too.

Yeah, Pianoteq here as well. I'm a bit put off by their sales model: affordable crippled versions, and need to spend a lot to get more instruments. Even after dropping €400 on the "PRO" version there would be difficult decisions to make about picking only a handful of instruments from the range.

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:10 pm It might be Falcon, its just too expensive... It seems price can help with GAS, as I probably don’t need it anyway...
Same here. Been close to buying it several times, but backed out at the last moment every time. Then I turn around and buy two or more other items for the same or more amount without hesitation. Weird behaviour.

I already own like a hundred synths. The only one I can think of that I might want is Rapid. If it goes on sale I'll look more into what it's capabilities are, but I like the demo sounds I've heard from it. I'd buy more but other ones I'd think about buying are from companies that I think are stuck in the past and might not even exist soon.

The xils stuff seems okay but overpriced and I don't like the copy protection randomness.

I might have bought sylenth if the price was reasonable for what it is.

Seems like some of the old developers that had their heyday 10 years ago kinda refuse to adapt to the modern plugin landscape.

I'm guessing a bunch of the older plugin companies that are slow to provide anything new to the market while continuing pricing schemes from the 2000's will be abandonware in 5 years (soniccharge, xils, lennar, gforce fit into this category among a bunch of others).

U-He fits into this category too, but their quality (on SYNTHS, not effects) stands above the rest so they will probably make it even with such high prices.

DUNE 3 (I own DUNE 2 and DUNE). Also all TAL paid products.

at some point I will get Falcon and Pianoteq

PulseCode and Parawave Rapid were on my list for a long time but I got them during sales fairly recently. Right now I can't think of anything else I have to get.

Bazille.

I like FM and I like modular, so this should be an ideal synth for me. But I already have so many synths I haven't had the time to explore properly (including BazilleCM). So I am not in a hurry.

Blue 3 has been on my list for two years. But I have Komplete's organs, and I wonder. And maybe Pianoteq would be a better choice. And . . .

Some day, maybe.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dune 3 if I can pick it up below 100 USD.

Return to “Instruments”