Your opinion about Zebra 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Empyrean (U-he Zebra 2 Presets) Zebra

ghettosynth wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:50 pm There, that's my opinion.
Yes, and that's totally fine. Again, I think it was you who found Zebra somehow convoluted, either its concept or the product line or both, can't remember. I haven't "crushed" you or whoever posted this in any way. But I did write down a note that maybe we should work out a comparison chart or something.

I have also had the impression that people do value my input in the global forums where my Mod powers are neutralised. So I take part.

I'm quite sure that people are generally glad that I'm not your random CEO.

ghettosynth wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:57 pm Want to and need to are not the same thing. Many people have to deal with this sort of thing in their work and they also have to just let it go. At the same time, one often has to responsibly consider input and try to discern any aggregate signal in the noise. Adulting 101.
bullshit.
human nature 101.
Last edited by vurt on Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WasteLand wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:51 pm (and what is the obsession with supersaws??? i get it, they sound, you know. but every synth nowadays, even MSoundFactory, has Supersaw.... it is by the way an open question, i am limited by own style and genres...)
On the one hand, I don't get it either. On the other hand, the entrepreneur in me reads this as a sign that there's some untapped market potential for a design that any competent synthesist would laugh out of the room.
I hate signatures too.

Super Piano Hater 64 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:09 pm
WasteLand wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:51 pm (and what is the obsession with supersaws??? i get it, they sound, you know. but every synth nowadays, even MSoundFactory, has Supersaw.... it is by the way an open question, i am limited by own style and genres...)
On the one hand, I don't get it either. On the other hand, the entrepreneur in me reads this as a sign that there's some untapped market potential for a design that any competent synthesist would laugh out of the room.
Supersaws can be used in many ways. You use it to add power to your synths as a background layer. Instant modern sound.
I get that most of you instantly think cheesy trance sound. Truth is that supersaws are used everywhere in electronic music.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Last edited by ghettosynth on Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghettosynth wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:14 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:09 pm
ghettosynth wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:57 pm Want to and need to are not the same thing. Many people have to deal with this sort of thing in their work and they also have to just let it go. At the same time, one often has to responsibly consider input and try to discern any aggregate signal in the noise. Adulting 101.
bullshit.
human nature 101.
Respectfully disagree. I've had more than one job where this was explicitly true.
workplace/forum

i think theyre different places...

DJErmac wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:13 pm Supersaws can be used in many ways. You use it to add power to your synths as a background layer. Instant modern sound.
I get that most of you instantly think cheesy trance sound. Truth is that supersaws are used everywhere in electronic music.
Well, sure. I use them myself. But there are many other ways to make a sound harmonically rich. It just seems silly to go directly for the Cheesy Trance Sound™ and let that be the whole benchmark of the worthiness of a powerful synthesizer.
I hate signatures too.

Last edited by ghettosynth on Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Super Piano Hater 64 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:18 pm
DJErmac wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:13 pm Supersaws can be used in many ways. You use it to add power to your synths as a background layer. Instant modern sound.
Well, sure. I use them myself. But there are many other ways to make a sound harmonically rich. It just seems silly to go directly for the Cheesy Trance Sound™ and let that be the whole benchmark of the worthiness of a powerful synthesizer.
Well, that’s exactly the point of getting an ultra modern sound. You get modern sounding supersaws that put those classic trance supersaws to shame.

Still, what you’re saying is perfectly true.

Last edited by ghettosynth on Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Urs wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:08 pm But I did write down a note that maybe we should work out a comparison chart or something.
This was exactly what I was talking about. You have nothing to prove to anybody. You’re offering products that satisfy most customers. Some propose a few criticisms : they simply should be heard, end of the story. You decide what to do with those remarks, you’re the boss.
You see, everytime, the community jumps on those people to defend your products. You’re loved !
Criticizm may help you make better products. People who simply say ”everything is perfect” don’t help in any way.
Last edited by DJErmac on Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJErmac wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:13 pm Truth is that supersaws are used everywhere in electronic music.
No they're not :lol:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:46 pm
DJErmac wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:13 pm Truth is that supersaws are used everywhere in electronic music.
No they're not :lol:
OK, then : supersaws may be encountered anywhere in electronic music if you prefer this sentence.
I mean : they’re not only in trance.

Psytrance, trance, hardcore, gabber, dubsteb, house, electro-house, trap, happy hardcore, big room, progressive house, future house (...) all make a heavy usage of supersaws.

supersaw is many saw oscillators detuned, right?

Anyway, Zebra have those eleven oscillators. It can do rich fatty sounds. So what so special about supersaw?!

Last edited by ghettosynth on Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”