IZotope RX 8 Advanced

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by SeeingInMidi on Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

There doesn't seem to be ARA integration, a feature that was highly requested.

In trying RX8 in the standalone I've found that some noises or clicks in the audio tracks can be too low level for the various processes to remedy satisfactorily. Is there a way to increase the gain of the audio going into a specific process so that it will have more signal to work with?? I've considered boosting the level of the whole audio track before processing with RX8 and reducing it again after the RX8 processing but I don't want to be too detrimental to the original audio file.

ElevateAudio wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:51 am Is there a way to increase the gain of the audio going into a specific process so that it will have more signal to work with??
It sounds like you're just needing to edit specific sections of a track? Have you tried highlighting those and then selectively adjusting the gain on just that section prior to applying your other processing? You can then lower that same selection as needed. That sounds like what you're trying to achieve.

That makes sense. I was hoping there was a better way to do that. I'm concerned about the detrimental effects raising the gain of a section before processing and then lowering it again after processing

ip[
#
Last edited by codec_spurt on Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Same, switched from RX7 Advanced to Acon Acoustica Premium a few weeks ago and haven't looked back.

codec_spurt wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:45 pmDon't seem like a whole lot more added to v8 to justify the price. I might be wrong. Not looked that hard at it.
This, ladies and gentlemen, is KVR.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:19 pm
codec_spurt wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:45 pmDon't seem like a whole lot more added to v8 to justify the price. I might be wrong. Not looked that hard at it.
Sure. Nobody ever makes broad sweeping assumptions on the internet, just on KVR.

elxsound wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:26 pm
noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:19 pm
Sure. Nobody ever makes broad sweeping assumptions on the internet, just on KVR.
The particular charm isn't just broad sweeping assumptions, but in sweeping dismissal, backed up with no actual knowledge, even though literally on the same page are a ton of videos describing the product in detail.

You're right though, the internet IS full of this stuff. And - genuinely - credit to codec spurt, at least he/she admits he/she could be wrong.

Carry on, everyone.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

ElevateAudio wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:08 pm That makes sense. I was hoping there was a better way to do that. I'm concerned about the detrimental effects raising the gain of a section before processing and then lowering it again after processing
I wouldn't worry about that - you are dealing with 32-bit (or even 64-bit?) floating point audio, so you can raise and lower the volume thousands of times while still remaining completely lossless.

Clicks are easily dealt with. I would do it as surgical as possible, zoom in using spectral view, find the click, and use the selection tool to just select the click and a little bit before/after. Jot down the EXACT selection points (for example from 10.923 seconds to 10.935 seconds) on Notepad or on paper, so you can come back lower the volume again in the exact same spot.

At that forensic level it'll be completely unnoticable.

Return to “Effects”