I Hate The Sound Of Synths

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
KVRAF
2714 posts since 15 Oct, 2017 from U.S.

Post Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:11 pm

I read the Bhagavad Gita ages ago during a different period of depression.It did help but these days it's books like 'The Ancient Guide To Modern Life' & 'Summer of Blood: The Peasants Revolt of 1381' to help me feel better about the here and now

KVRAF
4201 posts since 26 Jun, 2004

Post Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:54 pm

Its a very hard time when the battle is against your own mind..
It sounds like physical output is doing something good. That never worked for me. But if music is your thing and the synths are sounding shit, maybe dive into another form of art. That has made my mind turn many many corners.
ImageImageImageImage

KVRAF
2584 posts since 15 Feb, 2020

Post Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:55 pm

OP, strength to you, whatever you background is and no matter what past you have. I started hating the whole production process during dark moments so learning a new instrument calmed my psyche like nothing else can, you could give that a try.

Good luck.
Last edited by revvy on Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KVRAF
6492 posts since 18 Aug, 2007 from NYC

Post Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:03 pm

THE INTRANCER wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:06 pm
Hink wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:36 pm
hi yah Scott, there you are :hug:...hey I was gonna ask you a question when we last talked, do you play chess? Always looking for friends to play chess by email (much faster than by snail mail and fun)...anyhow, really good to see you Scott, lets talk again this weekend (I work Friday Night and saturday morning though)... :)
Hi Hink, yeah I've played chess almost my whole life and recently I stated playing on https://www.chess.com/

For me and as it's logic based and that of which I played at chess club during the last year of high school, it's one of things that brings out sad emotions. It wasn't long after I had left high school, that life started to go down hill. Associations to things are much more elevated as I'm living in the 1990's pretty much every day now. That's my nightmare period...all self-analysising to the n-th day. But I do play as it distracts me from my anxiety when I feel it growing within. With so much cycling, 16 miles today, my body and mind is more at ease as I type. I also had a chat with my psychologist at the hospital today.
Hink and Intrancer, I just started playing again after not playing in more than 20 years. I'm on chess.com under the same name "elxsound." I'm terrible at the moment. My last game was rated as "wild" but I've got a more advanced friend who's been sending me videos to get better.

Feel free to add me as a friend and start a game... same goes for anyone else.

KVRAF
2378 posts since 18 May, 2002 from up on Cripple Creek (CO)

Post Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:14 pm

Hey, I just wanted to drop in and offer some words of solidarity, because I've been in a major struggle with my musical self lately too, and struggling with depression. It's actually what brought me back to KVR after a pretty long period away, trying to sort of reconnect with this stuff in a way I guess.

The hating the sound of synths thing really struck me, because I was feeling like that for a while as well. I don't know if it was quite the same, but it sucked. I'm afraid I don't have any real words of encouragement, but feel free to PM me if you think talking would help.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Take music back from the suits and return it to the people.

KVRist
284 posts since 30 Nov, 2007

Post Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:51 pm

Intrancer;

You need to call someone: 1-800-273-8255

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

KVRist
474 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Post Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:59 pm

@Intrancer

It will pass one day. Just wait. And make something to hasten this day. It's an illusion, a freak of the imagination...

KVRAF
4368 posts since 22 Nov, 2012

Post Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:10 am

separate yourself from that scene intrancer, it's bad for your health. you all witnessed my mental breakdown attempting to get along with it. i cannot tell you how much my mood elevated after separating myself from it. i'm a different man!

it's not the synth, it's the scene, and the thinking that surrounds it, and there is a whole f**king world of music out there! experiment a little.

also, stop pushing yourself so hard. i don't know what you expect from this world, but reconnect with reality. it's this virtual, fake, troublesome, nonrewarding world of computer control that is killing us.

addled muppet weed
77561 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:04 am

get the help you need to be yourself again :hug:

it is available, it just takes time. ive been in the same boat myself.
only here by the actions of strangers when i finally fell apart

KVRAF
2714 posts since 15 Oct, 2017 from U.S.

Post Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:15 am

whatever happened to a good old wandering the desert in self exile for a bit? Just kidding. It's nice to get emotional support from unexpected places. A change of scene when it happens doesn't hurt either

addled muppet weed

Post Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:30 am

synthgeek wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:14 pm

The hating the sound of synths thing really struck me, because I was feeling like that for a while as well. I don't know if it was quite the same, but it sucked. I'm afraid I don't have any real words of encouragement, but feel free to PM me if you think talking would help.
it's what depression does
takes the things that give you pleasure, and turns them on you.
remember, doing something that gives you pleasure, has a chemical effect, depression alters the make up of these chemicals, so they no longer produce the same feeling

it's why they suggest exercise as a way of boosting yourself, the endorphins it produces have a similar uplifting effect.

the mind is a strange 🎏 takes some looking after on ocassion, like an aquarium. without the lights.

KVRian
507 posts since 30 Apr, 2018

Post Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:31 am

Please seek help and reach out to suicide prevention line. Life’s a bitch but depression can lead to psychological rebirth.

Get away from synths and use Kontakt libraries or real instruments if you need to, you shouldn’t for yourself to use synths if your body is telling you not to. Maybe it’s symbolic of separation from nature and a need to reconnect. I’m barely hanging in there myself, dude. Family has been instrumental in keeping (mostly) sane.

KVRAF
11359 posts since 7 May, 2006 from Southern California

Post Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:59 am

Boy, I can identify with a lot of what's been said here. Have had some dark times of my own. Solidarity is all I can offer.
It can get better.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

1749 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Post Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:25 am

Today I've been pretty tired, although I have been out in the sunshine for slow pace ride along the coast and watching the waves crash during high tide and also sitting out in the garden for a bit watching seagulls and other birds. I should have just slept some more rather than firing up my PC. And that's what I'll do now I think...cause this lack of proper sleep is adding fuel to an already stressed mind which can't cope under the intrusive thoughts that cause much analysis angst, about things I can't change now...but thanks for the words of support. I've been having much support from friends and those in and outwith the professional help settings....

Still, the ideations continue...and with that I do struggle with the prospect of making it through next coming winter.
THE INTRANCER - KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source Transcend Into Software - Hardware - Music - 2D & 3D Art - Film - Games - VST's - Ensembles - GUI Design - Science & Technology | Soundcloud 28 | Soundclick 16

addled muppet weed

Post Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:37 am

good, keep doing the bike thing :tu:
stop worrying about next winter, let's get you sorted now!
then we can worry about that.

and yes, rest is good. it's hard to get any at the "right time" so if you're tired in the day, just do it.

and keep us posted :hug:

https://youtu.be/h7H73jpgX3U

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”