SOLVED...How can I send midi to crusherX or other fx in Studio One

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
KVRian
1266 posts since 4 Jul, 2019

Post Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:22 pm

I cannot figure out how to play crusherX as an instrument in Studio One. As an effect fine, but sending midi to crusherX seems impossible. I bet it isnt tho, so any help appreciated
Last edited by fairlyclose on Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
KVRAF
8215 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:36 pm

fairlyclose wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:22 pm
I cannot figure out how to play crusherX as an instrument in Studio One. As an effect fine, but sending midi to crusherX seems impossible. I bet it isnt tho, so any help appreciated
Is it an instrument? If so, what happens if you create Instrument Track with it? Doesn't it receive MIDI?

If it's an effect - that sits on an Audio Track - then just send MIDI from Instrument Track to it from the Inspector's middle section where there's Out, In & Channel (use Out).
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

KVRian

Topic Starter

1266 posts since 4 Jul, 2019

Post Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:56 pm

Thanks, it is an effect but sadly the send solution does not work.

User avatar
KVRist
250 posts since 29 Apr, 2019

Post Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:19 pm

Go to the fx and for the side chain selection, choose the midi track you want it to pick up from

KVRian

Topic Starter

1266 posts since 4 Jul, 2019

Post Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:49 am

MuzikFreq wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:19 pm
Go to the fx and for the side chain selection, choose the midi track you want it to pick up from
thanks, I have it figured out now. S1 will only allow your solution for VST3, not VST2. crusher-X has a VST3 version planned but is only VST2 at the moment - so the solution is that it cant currently be done
Last edited by fairlyclose on Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KVRAF
8215 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:16 pm

fairlyclose wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:49 am
MuzikFreq wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:19 pm
Go to the fx and for the side chain selection, choose the midi track you want it to pick up from
thanks, I have it figured out now. S1 will only allow your solution for VST3, not VST2. crusher-X has a VST3 version planned
So how did you solved it in the meantime?
Why wouldn't you post it here, for others to benefit?? :dog:
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

KVRian

Topic Starter

1266 posts since 4 Jul, 2019

Post Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:18 pm

antic604 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:16 pm
fairlyclose wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:49 am
MuzikFreq wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:19 pm
Go to the fx and for the side chain selection, choose the midi track you want it to pick up from
thanks, I have it figured out now. S1 will only allow your solution for VST3, not VST2. crusher-X has a VST3 version planned
So how did you solved it in the meantime?
Why wouldn't you post it here, for others to benefit?? :dog:
the solution is you cant do it - I thought that was clear but have adjusted my post to make it clearer

User avatar
KVRAF
8215 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:21 pm

fairlyclose wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:18 pm
the solution is you cant do it - I thought that was clear but have adjusted my post to make it clearer
Oh :) Thanks then!
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”