Ribs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Love this thing so much.

Is there a technique to minimize the intense bitcrush/alias effect? Outside just lowpassing it away i mean.

Would love juts a slightly cleaner sound than i'm getting.

You could try to throw some kind of Tape-emu on it, for a smooth High-end roll off, the #airwindows ToTape or Tape work pretty good for these kind of Tasks. But there are lots of others, which can also do the Trick. :phones:
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Just downloaded this and haven't a clue what it is like yet but thank you anyway. :tu:

Use a desser and or a tape plugin, and as somebody mention AirWindows has a few plugins for this task.
cantaloupe wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:09 pm Love this thing so much.

Is there a technique to minimize the intense bitcrush/alias effect? Outside just lowpassing it away i mean.

cantaloupe wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:09 pm Love this thing so much.

Not ideal but better than nothing: sort of dynamic lowpassing. You can choose the simple or resonant filter, set it to lowpass and set the filter cutoff proportional to the playback speed. It'll sound a bit like a vinyl record. You can also slightly increase the internal error param to mask bitcrushing with noise.

How would you use Ribs in a music project with a fixed sequence? Or is this for performance mostly?

Reason I ask is that the buffer starts refilling after a stop/play action is made on the transport, so the results may be random.

overhishead wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:28 pm How would you use Ribs in a music project with a fixed sequence? Or is this for performance mostly?

Reason I ask is that the buffer starts refilling after a stop/play action is made on the transport, so the results may be random.
You don't like random results???? (I love them, or life is boring...; - )
If yes, simply avoid stop/play, especially random stop/play...
Or bounce the result...

Has anyone had any trouble installing this on Catalina with Ableton? I’ve dumped the vst in the right folder and installed the font. When I run a scan in Ableton I get the security pop-up when running apps from unknown developers, go into security to allow it to open, but it doesn’t pop-up until I hit cancel. Then it pops up again, I click open anyway but it’s still not showing up in Ableton. The AU shows up but doesn’t actually load when I drop it onto an audio track.

Its not notarized. There are ways to get it running, but for exactly that sort of problem I avoid Catalina for at least some more years. Its not worth the hazel...

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:39 am Its not notarized. There are ways to get it running, but for exactly that sort of problem I avoid Catalina for at least some more years. Its not worth the hazel...
Got it working. Dumped the vst into a different folder, went through the prompts after scanning in Ableton. Then I move the file to a different folder and it worked. No idea why.

Mass Ev wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:50 am
Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:39 am Its not notarized. There are ways to get it running, but for exactly that sort of problem I avoid Catalina for at least some more years. Its not worth the hazel...
Got it working. Dumped the vst into a different folder, went through the prompts after scanning in Ableton. Then I move the file to a different folder and it worked. No idea why.
Could be a permission problem...

I just downloaded Ribs for Mac and I'm trying to figure out how to load and save presets. I looked in the manual and can't figure it out from the GUI. Any help would be appreciated

Hi, RIBS newbie here, this is a remarkable piece of software, two days with it so far, is there any way a) to flush a chosen buffer and/or b) to flush all buffers at once? At present I'm having to fill / overwrite an existing buffer with silence, which is slow. Help or better workrounds much appreciated!

Ribs not loading for me in logic.

I downloaded all the files, put the component file that came with au fix zip into my component library.

Can't find it anywhere once i boot up logic.

Am i missing a step in the installation process? Help please, quite excited to try this out!

it should be in
Instruments > AU-MIDI controlled effects > Eugene Yakshin > Ribs

so:
NOT in effects and NOT in AU-Instruments

maybe also consider a restart /relogin

works here under mojave and logicx 10.5.1

Return to “Instruments”