Focusrite Plugin Collective

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Exponential Audio: R2

I don't even see the Captcha it then complains about not being correct.
But according to this thread, I'm probably better off without this "gift" ;-)
(in German, "Gift" means "Poison"...)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:58 pm I don't even see the Captcha it then complains about not being correct.
But according to this thread, I'm probably better off without this "gift" ;-)
(in German, "Gift" means "Poison"...)

Cheers,

Tom
If you dont need your code, I would use it. :phones:

Can also offer a PA 25 - voucher in exchange.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

PM sent - no interest in PA either ;-)
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Thank you!
:tu:
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

The interface is horrible, the controls are clunky, the size is horrendous (that's what the technology used requires though), but tone-wise it's great - a very usable piece of software indeed. I won't use it much probably due to the controls, but I'll see how it goes with my workflow. I'll give it a shot for sure.

Qkimat wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:54 pm The interface is horrible, the controls are clunky, the size is horrendous (that's what the technology used requires though), but tone-wise it's great - a very usable piece of software indeed. I won't use it much probably due to the controls, but I'll see how it goes with my workflow. I'll give it a shot for sure.
In it's favor, it has a button to turn off the U/I and just use your host's supplied basic controls. It's U/I is simple enough that it's a reasonable option.

The only way to get Cream free is if i own Focusrite gear right?
What ever!

D.Wako wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:09 am The only way to get Cream free is if i own Focusrite gear right?
Pretty much. When this thing first started you only needed to own a software product and almost anything counted, included some CM freebies. They changed it so that you have to own focusrite hardware. I can't recall what the list of items is, but I think that pretty much any interface counts.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

ghettosynth wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:15 am
D.Wako wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:09 am The only way to get Cream free is if i own Focusrite gear right?
Pretty much.
Thanks.
What ever!

Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:10 am I would exclude 4
of course...jus funnin ;-)...kvrians get so worked up over plugins, epecially AA...
I do find it funny, that when you guys first came out, people that heard the quality were called names, nebula was snake oil, the developers were the worst people int the world who no one would ever trust yada yada....then you guys get fancy guis, celebrity cosigns, and overwhelmingly positive music press...and now perception has changed and there is a bandwagon,...including lots of the same people
Music had a one night stand with sound design.....And the condom broke

:D

bermudagold wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:24 am
Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:10 am I would exclude 4
of course...jus funnin ;-)...kvrians get so worked up over plugins, epecially AA...
I do find it funny, that when you guys first came out, people that heard the quality were called names, nebula was snake oil, the developers were the worst people int the world who no one would ever trust yada yada....then you guys get fancy guis, celebrity cosigns, and overwhelmingly positive music press...and now perception has changed and there is a bandwagon,...including lots of the same people
Yes, it is funny sometimes. However, people can, may and should change their opinions sometimes, mainly because software can be tested after reading all these "opinions" (often just gossip, to be honest), things get used in projects, software matures. That's normal, I guess.

I refused to use Bitwig and u-he stuff for a long time. One reason was that I am from Germany and do not like the "coolness" of the scene in Berlin. Sometimes it is not a good thing (for technological quality) to be en vogue. Another reason was the hype around both product lines, reasonable, but serious pricing, and one or two things about how the discussion went on here on KVR. (How can u-he be good if there is so much discussion about details? Well, it's just open beta or an active community. Right.) Prejudice all over.

Until I tried the stuff and took some time. Wow, this totally fits me. Together with Melda. But that's another story.

So I think (also for Acustica), the way the discussion went and goes on is totally normal. The only way to be sure is to demo myself. (If my weak computer can deal with it, mainly.) And I have the chance now.

Qkimat wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:32 am
MogwaiBoy wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:12 pm A great gift - thank you! I have a bunch of Aqua's, but not Cream... so, lucky me :)

It's really painful to scroll through filter and pre-amp models though, that's my only gripe from a usability point of view. Is there an easier way than holding the button and dragging?
Use mouse wheel. Works much better for me.
Ahhh - why did I not try that :D

i tought i saved the puremagnetik lofi bundle but i cant find them, are they in an archive of something?
stumbled on his bandcamp, bought some stuff that included plugins also so now checking the rest.....

You would have gotten a redeem code for the Puremagnetik store. If you didn't redeem it at the time or save the code to somewhere it's gone. There's no archive of previous giveaways, although sometime they are repeated.

If you're looking for more stuff to try out, he posted some experimental plugins here.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Effects”