Komplete Kontrol Workflow

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lpr wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:43 pm Thank you everyone for your experiences shared. I’m going to skip the Komplete Kontrol!
If all you want is a piano-like kb, I hear m-audio hammer 88 is quite good and half the price of the NI one.
I dont really see the point in accessing all your presets via your keyboard if you have to rely on the speed of your hard drive to launch them. Maybe if your sample drive is ssd.

Kinh wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:09 am
lpr wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:43 pm Thank you everyone for your experiences shared. I’m going to skip the Komplete Kontrol!
If all you want is a piano-like kb, I hear m-audio hammer 88 is quite good and half the price of the NI one.
I dont really see the point in accessing all your presets via your keyboard if you have to rely on the speed of your hard drive to launch them. Maybe if your sample drive is ssd.
I sold my Komplete Kontrol keyboard and barely use the KK plug-in anymore but, in case anyone is wondering, the benefit of navigation on the keyboard that I personally saw was that browsing through tags and thumbnails was miles better than within the plug-in.

In the Komplete Kontrol plug-in you have to tediously click on a lot of individual buttons and multiple nested dropdown menus. On the keyboard with the screen you can twist a couple knobs very quickly.

Loading time for presets is what it is. It's no better or worse with the keyboard. My host takes a kind of long time to load the Komplete Kontrol plug-in as well. I still occasionally use it for tag searching since I have a large library of tags.

oneway wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:58 pm
Kinh wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:09 am
I sold my Komplete Kontrol keyboard and barely use the KK plug-in anymore but, in case anyone is wondering, the benefit of navigation on the keyboard that I personally saw was that browsing through tags and thumbnails was miles better than within the plug-in.

In the Komplete Kontrol plug-in you have to tediously click on a lot of individual buttons and multiple nested dropdown menus. On the keyboard with the screen you can twist a couple knobs very quickly.

Loading time for presets is what it is. It's no better or worse with the keyboard. My host takes a kind of long time to load the Komplete Kontrol plug-in as well. I still occasionally use it for tag searching since I have a large library of tags.
Mind sharing what MIDI controller you're rocking?

lpr wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:26 am Mind sharing what MIDI controller you're rocking?
Sure. I might have taken an odd approach but I got rid of my Komplete Kontrol S61mk2 and now use a Roland A-49. I decided I wanted a minimal footprint with 49 keys, and it had a better keybed than other 49-key keyboards of that size. The KK S49 mk2 is fairly deep because of the screen and knob placement and I didn't find myself using them enough.

I just started using KK more, I didn't realize how many of the VSTs I own are NKS compatible. I mainly use it for the scale, chord and arp function.

drizzle78 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:22 pm I mainly use it for the scale, chord and arp function.
Those are great.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”