Any zero-latency vst limiters?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRAF
3596 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:09 am

AKJ wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:43 am

I actually referred to the limiter, but sure, you are right, C2 is in fact the Fabfilter compressor which I agree is a useful tool. Now, it would be interesting to know if the poster also just mixed up the names.
ah ok.
Re Pro-L2:
I like it as a finisher, i often use it as the last in the chain. I don't think it's bad, but i still prefer Elephant more often than not.
Ozone's limiter is cool too and i did used to use Ozone's maximizer as a finisher, but it doesn't make enough of a difference for me to care. Sold iZotope a while ago - i just didn't gel with the workflow, nothing against sound or quality or anything

AKJ
KVRAF
1877 posts since 2 Mar, 2004

Post Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:00 am

I consider L2 as "bad" because it distorts easily. That is something that I definately do not want in a limiter. Elephant and the Ozone limiters (and others) can be set to be clean and transparent. In my testing of L2 it could not so for me it is totally useless.

KVRist
109 posts since 14 Oct, 2017

Post Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:12 am

AKJ wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:00 am
I consider L2 as "bad" because it distorts easily.
Havn't got it to distort so far. But then I don't push mixes in heavily but rather create the loudness in the chain. Anyways it's not zero latency.

KVRAF
3596 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:47 am

AKJ wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:00 am
I consider L2 as "bad" because it distorts easily. That is something that I definately do not want in a limiter. Elephant and the Ozone limiters (and others) can be set to be clean and transparent. In my testing of L2 it could not so for me it is totally useless.
It does? It has 8 modes tho, "Transparent" "Modern" with moderate lookahead and "Safe" are pretty transparent to my experience.
My issue with Pro-L2 is that there isn't enough of character going on, and when there is, it isn't a character I particularly like.
Like i.e. Max EDM or EL-C or certain EL-4 settings in Elephant. :love:

Return to “Effects”