FXpansion’s BFD Acquired by inMusic

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BFD 3 BFD Eco

OK, took me a while to figure, but here's how I did it (from memory).

In your new inMusic account go to My Products. Scroll through them until you get to BFD3. There should be a cyan box that says "See details, downloads and offers", click on that and you should see the offer. You then have to click on a button called something like "Redeem Coupon". Copy the code it generates (the code next to 'Serial:').

Go to https://www.bfddrums.com/expansions/index.html and click the buy button for the expansion you want (make sure it's on the list). Then click as if you were going to buy it, you should then be able to add the coupon and the price resets to zero.

ok, thanks. I didn't see that embedded link, yes it is there. What I want is not available for free evidently :lol:

Yeah, it's the cyan-colored text box, which I was distracted from or too stupid to see
SQUIRREL!

AND the link "DOWNLOAD" lets me download the manual, with no clue how to register the serial number

still lacking a clue
Last edited by jancivil on Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Amberience wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:51 pm Hey all,

I'll be bringing the freebie redemption stuff up tomorrow during our 9am stand-up. Hold tight, I don't want anyone to go without!!
maybe just remove the 'reedem now' link on profile.inmusicbrands.com as it's only confusing people (since it links to the wrong page) and just document the proceudre to use the code?

jancivil wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:45 pm
jdnz wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:31 pm
Instead you need to manually go back to bfddrums.com, click thru to the expansions page for the one you want for free, click 'buy' on the expansion and then during the checkout process click 'enter promotional code' option
I don't have any such option. All that is is a buy page. Clicking through the buy process is only going to require me to pay money.
You need to generate the code on your InMusic Profile - my products page. You can then use that when buying the product from the bfddrums.com site.

Edit - I see someone beat me to the punch.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

arrrrgh grrr

too many hands are in this product and it's a great conflicting clusterfuck for me. Be advised, be more mature and patient than I am before embarking on this trip.
Last edited by jancivil on Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.

I haven't got an email after hitting the SEND ME AN EMAIL button several times within an hour... (I also checked my spam folder...)
Mac Studio M2 Ultra, Sonoma, Logic X, Orion 32+, mioXL, V-Synth XT, JD-990, MC-909, OB-X8, NINA, KK61 mkII

jancivil wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:04 pm I "bought" the thing I want out of that list, but there is no sign whatever of how to download it. The download link here is just the manual pdf. There is a serial code but I have no clue what to do with it. It's def not fxpansion's SN nor does that site deal in this anymore.
Enter the serial code in the License Manager (Products menu). Authorise. Then you can download from License Manager.
Last edited by operandx on Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

Ok, this is news.
there is a menu bar at top with that 'Products'
my frustration tolerance is around zero at this point :scared:

'thank you
Last edited by jancivil on Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jancivil wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:11 pm So 'download manager' is yet another step that isn't the license manager? Because the license manager has no place to enter a new SN
there is no 'download manager' app - it's all inside the license manager app.

To register a new serial click the 'products' menu inside license manager and choose 'register product serial' - once you've registered the serial it'll show the license in the main window and if you click on it there will be a 'download' button under actions

Right, it's in the menu bar. I forgot there was a menu bar, or I have never needed it in the old v.

I'm an idiot

ok downloading now, pretty rapidly considering

Got the free product as well. That's actually quite a monster freebie - these expansions are massive, and cost a lot. So thanks for that! (And yeah, the process is not really straightforward, but with a little help from the KvR friends, everything's good now.)

Is there any chance the extreme CPU usage will be fixed? Or maybe the ability to download through the website? I'm guessing I will need to have about 10 hours that my computer will be unusable if I have to use the License Manager.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:46 pm Is there any chance the extreme CPU usage will be fixed? Or maybe the ability to download through the website? I'm guessing I will need to have about 10 hours that my computer will be unusable if I have to use the License Manager.
That one is really weird, and is not something we saw during testing. I need to bring that up with the devs.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Amberience wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:49 pm That one is really weird, and is not something we saw during testing. I need to bring that up with the devs.
Yeah, I'm not sure how a download process can tie up a CPU, but it's doing it here. Others have mentioned it here. They're using Mac. I'm on Windows. Maybe a HD driver or something. Impending HD failure? I hope not.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Return to “Instruments”