SOUNDTOYS : Facts, Rumours and Expectations

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are they still alive?

Just wondering... :scared:
Nothing new for a very long time.
What's going on?
Last edited by martinjuenke on Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

They are i think, just they are incdredibly slow. I gave some feedback almost exactly 2 years ago (2019 April 17 recieved answer) about UI and this is what they replied.
We are also working towards implementing some changes re: GUI, but I have no explicit knowledge of anything regarding a timeline (or even what they might be planning) - we'll make sure and email our users as soon as we implement any updates.
2 years ago they have been "working" on this :)

Nothing since Little Plate from 2017, even though there was a convo of a "big brother" plate at the time.

Donno, sorta reserved about this. As soon as I assumed Guitar Rig was dead and gone forever, 6th version came out straight away, so not in hurry to bury devs or products anymore.

I hope they are working hard on Soundtoys 6 in secrecy, with Flange Mistress and other goodies. It's a shame Flange Mistress was scrapped at the time. A flange analog of Phase Mistress would kill.

Also, lock down period flushed tons of developments down the drainer and I'm sure Soundtoys received their share of good grief.

even If something was in development, Covid put full wet Echoboy on the process.

I'm on board with big plate if they bring it out.

ibtl
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

It is quite damn weird how quiet and slow they have been.
And they are one of the few developers I would basically just throw money at.
The current plug-ins still work and sound awesome though so I don't know how to complain really...

beckerley wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:32 pm It's a shame Flange Mistress was scrapped at the time. A flange analog of Phase Mistress would kill.
Indeed. Why was it scrapped? You know?

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

nah, don't remember. that was quite a few years back.

statue wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:50 pm It is quite damn weird how quiet and slow they have been.
And they are one of the few developers I would basically just throw money at.
The current plug-ins still work and sound awesome though so I don't know how to complain really...
Going off topic, are they the only slow developer though? Perhaps it's just getting more and more difficult to get things done? Frankly, Urs has been slow, no? I don't know, maybe it's just my own loss of interest in what's coming out but I perceive a slowdown in general. I wonder if Steinberg's aggressiveness along with Apple's our way or the highway approach are just putting up more and more roadblocks. You also have complexities and new laws involving data privacy.

Anyway, just kibitizing. I'm probably completely wrong, that's nothing new for me.

They released a maintenance update just a couple of weeks ago so, well, they are still alive, hibernating but alive.

Donno why, but I'm sensing 6th version may as well drop just any day. They keeping it hush-hush on purpose.

When they went from 4th to 5th, was it announced in any way before release? Any hints?

Anyway, I hope it's no vanilla maintenance upgrade and the wait will be well worth it.

Covid? Considering they have no physical packaging, warehousing or transportation to deal with - they are operating a 100% profit margin on 15 year old plugins.

My guess is they wake up and check the bank account :D

Scalable GUIs are so 2015 hehe

MogwaiBoy wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:44 pm Covid? Considering they have no physical packaging, warehousing or transportation to deal with - they are operating a 100% profit margin on 15 year old plugins.
Right... if you totally forget that they permanently have to pay their employees, pay for advertising, for download servers, their website, their office, and what not.

What's new in Soundtoys 5 5.3.4.15895
March 31, 2021

Fixed CPU Spiking in Bitwig when certain plug-ins were on an instrument channel.
Fixed incorrect license expiration warning that would appear in certain circumstances.
Fixed bug where Effect Rack could lose signal after re-ordering effects in certain circumstances.
Fixed issue where EchoBoy could crash while changing presets during audio playback.
Added new transport indicator to Rhythm Editors to convey current location within a pattern.
Stability improvements for Windows versions.

Return to “Effects”