new FREE EQ Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey folks! I released a free audio plugin here: https://www.programmingformusicians.com/simpleeq/

Released for VST3 for Windows and VST3/AU for MacOS!
It also includes a 5-hour follow-along course that teaches how to build this plugin from scratch using JUCE and C++!

Thanks for checking it out! Have a great day!
simpleEQ.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Awesome, thanks!

Installed and working mac Reaper 6. Both AU and VST3 crash DDMF PluginDoctor 1.6 - I'd like to analyze it with PluginDoctor if the crashing can be corrected.

plexuss wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:20 am Installed and working mac Reaper 6. Both AU and VST3 crash DDMF PluginDoctor 1.6 - I'd like to analyze it with PluginDoctor if the crashing can be corrected.
Can you provide a crash report? You can also clone the repository, build it in Xcode/Visual Studio, and use PluginDoctor as the executable to attach the debugger to, and then debug it to determine which line of code is causing the crash. The repository is linked in the email sent after downloading it if you're inclined to learn how to build it/debug it

matkatmusic wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:07 am
plexuss wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:20 am Installed and working mac Reaper 6. Both AU and VST3 crash DDMF PluginDoctor 1.6 - I'd like to analyze it with PluginDoctor if the crashing can be corrected.
Can you provide a crash report? You can also clone the repository, build it in Xcode/Visual Studio, and use PluginDoctor as the executable to attach the debugger to, and then debug it to determine which line of code is causing the crash. The repository is linked in the email sent after downloading it if you're inclined to learn how to build it/debug it
I'm am musician, Jim, not a coder. :party: :borg:

The tutorial is interesting, but you should take the time to explain things much more clearer and deeper, rather than blitzing through it, I admittedly don't know much about coding and just started losing you at some point.

Thanks for the feedback.

The assumption is that you already have some basic programming chops (perhaps from web coding/python/matlab), followed the setup videos, and have no problems copying what you see on the screen. If you want to learn the how and why behind every line of code in the tutorial, I have other courses here which offer 1-on-1 help and guidance through the projects that you'll build: https://www.programmingformusicians.com

matkatmusic wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:23 pm Thanks for the feedback.

The assumption is that you already have some basic programming chops (perhaps from web coding/python/matlab), followed the setup videos, and have no problems copying what you see on the screen. If you want to learn the how and why behind every line of code in the tutorial, I have other courses here which offer 1-on-1 help and guidance through the projects that you'll build: https://www.programmingformusicians.com
I am interested in the plugin as a simple fast easy to use great sounding EQ. Maining for L/HPF. That was my interest at least. Hence wanting to openw ith PluginDoctor so I have a better sense of what I am working with. Different use-case I guess...

I just got an email asking how my build is going. I get it. I didn't get it before... this is a course on how to code a plugin using a simple eq an example. I am not a coder as mentioned. I have limited exposure to coding and some unix experience. I wouldn't know where to begin, other than a web search, to know where to begin.... is this course suitable for someone like me? what are are the prerequisits? Looks interesting... !!

When you signed up, you have access to all of the videos for this course.
There are 2 'Starting From Scratch' videos which walk you through how to set up your computer to write audio software.
Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 11.56.43 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Effects”