FXpansion’s BFD Acquired by inMusic

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BFD 3 BFD Eco

sacer wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:11 am Would be fine but does the jamaha essentials vol1 and 2 work with it? I can’t also use these two expansions, because it doesn’t find my bfd 2 samples.

I think the main problem is that the license manager doesn’t recognise the bfd2 library
Not sure which library you mean? Signature Snares Vol.1 and 2? If so then those have migrated to my inMusic account just fine, and appear in the manager and in BFD3.

Hey all,

We're looking into the BFD1/BFD2 transfer issue now. Hold tight.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Mr Arkadin wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:22 am
sacer wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:11 am Would be fine but does the jamaha essentials vol1 and 2 work with it? I can’t also use these two expansions, because it doesn’t find my bfd 2 samples.

I think the main problem is that the license manager doesn’t recognise the bfd2 library
Not sure which library you mean? Signature Snares Vol.1 and 2? If so then those have migrated to my inMusic account just fine, and appear in the manager and in BFD3.
JM essentials vo1 and vol2 they are migrated but referred to the samples of bfd2

sacer wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:50 am JM essentials vo1 and vol2 they are migrated but referred to the samples of bfd2
I have that library too and it works fine here, not sure why it would refer to BFD2 samples. All expansions except BFD2 Core Library seem to be working for me.

I have donloaded the JM essentials vol 1 and vol 2 again/ the files are only some megabytes.
It refers to bfd2 library and can’t find the samples
I get the same problem as when I am loading a bfd2 kit. All my other expansions are working fine, also my joe barresi evil drums

Amberience wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:53 am
operandx wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:32 am FXpansion guys -- Is it worth d'loading the BFDCore again. Has it been updated/changed for this new release?
Just a note, we're not FXpansion anymore ;)

But no, no need to download any libraries again.
This is likely to cause confusion and waste a lot of time and bandwidth since the core library shows a 3.4 version in the License Manager.

I take it the four new 3.4 "kits" are presets made with the existing core library samples?

telecharge wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:46 pm
Amberience wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:53 am
operandx wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:32 am FXpansion guys -- Is it worth d'loading the BFDCore again. Has it been updated/changed for this new release?
Just a note, we're not FXpansion anymore ;)

But no, no need to download any libraries again.
This is likely to cause confusion and waste a lot of time and bandwidth since the core library shows a 3.4 version in the License Manager.

I take it the four new 3.4 "kits" are presets made with the existing core library samples?
Yep, the new presets use the existing BFD3 Core Library. There are no changes to the BFD3 Core Library. Good spot on the version number, will mention that.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Hey Drew, I threw a new post under the "bug report" thread at the BFDdrums forum. That place is a little quiet right now though :) . After intalling the latest update, BFD3 keeps telling me to migrate my previous BFD3 settings over, but that fails. I've tried everything I can think of to make that message go away with no luck. Additional details on the BFDdrums forum.

Amberience wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:49 pm Yep, the new presets use the existing BFD3 Core Library. There are no changes to the BFD3 Core Library. Good spot on the version number, will mention that.
Cheers, Drew. Thank you for engaging with us here.

I also found that if you don't remove a downloaded library from the list in the Downloads tab of the License Manager, it takes a long time to validate it when you revisit the tab. Also, there should be some messaging letting people know that removing the download from the list does not delete it on the computer.

Also, if you keep your libraries on an external drive and it isn't connected, BFD3 will throw a pop-up about missing libraries every time the VST is scanned.

BFD1 and BFD2 Core libraries are not loading anymore in 3.4 ? Worked fine in 3.3... Wish i would have known before migrating!!!

Hey gang!

Just an update, I have reported the lack of BFD1 and BFD2 and BFD Eco products mapping to the Eldorado and London Sessions packs. I will keep you posted on this issue. It is not our intention that anyone loses any access to their audio content.

I got a version of the License Manager that doesn't suck up all the CPU, so I finally have BFD3 installed. The standalone works fine. The VST version is adamant that Waveform needs to shut down, whether it's sandboxed or not. It happens quicker when sandboxed, but it's very consistent so far.

EDIT: After a few tries, it is now working okay.

By the way, does anyone know what this means? It keeps asking me and I feel like migrating non-existent BFD3 stuff (this is my first time installing it) is more likely to cause problems than not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by pough on Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:34 pm By the way, does anyone know what this means? It keeps asking me and I feel like migrating non-existent BFD3 stuff (this is my first time installing it) is more likely to cause problems than not.
It appears to be a bug. Funkybot's Evil Twin reported the same thing several posts up. I get the same thing, too. :shrug:

I successfully migrated my account to inMusic, installed the new bfd version. It's a pity that my bfd and my bfd2 contents cannot be used. Licensing doesn't work ...

I also tried to get my freebie, copied the code in the appropriate field during the exit process in the web shop but the full price is still displayed.
Last edited by Chrizzly21 on Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

so what are fxpansion doing now if they have handed most of their stuff over to other companies?

Return to “Instruments”