FXpansion’s BFD Acquired by inMusic

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRer
3 posts since 20 Apr, 2021

Post Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:05 pm

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Amberience wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:55 am
Chrizzly21 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:45 am
I successfully migrated my account to inMusic, installed the new bfd version but scanning the content paths sticks after a few seconds and the nothing happens anymore and even cancelling doesn't work.

I also tried to get my freebie, copied the code in the appropriate field during the exit process in the web shop but the full price is still displayed.
Heya,
With the freebie product, in your inMusic Profile page under the BFD3 product there, you can click the coupon button to generate the coupon. Then you'll see a link to 'reedem now' and if you use that coupon as a promo code, the product you choose should be free. If this isn't happening, please contact tech support at support@bfddrums.com (mailto:support@bfddrums.com)

The scanning the content locations is an odd one. Not something I am seeing here, how long are you waiting for the scan?
I opened a project in Logic X and had to scan the content paths. It never ended no matter if I selected a single path or a drive. It was stuck. Later I finished Logic and opened BFD standalone. Now I could scan the content successfully. It took only some seconds depending on the content maybe a minute.

But what about BFD2 content?

User avatar
KVRAF
4716 posts since 16 May, 2002 from Brisbane , Australia

Post Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:46 pm

Amberience wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:55 am
Chrizzly21 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:45 am
I successfully migrated my account to inMusic, installed the new bfd version but scanning the content paths sticks after a few seconds and the nothing happens anymore and even cancelling doesn't work.

I also tried to get my freebie, copied the code in the appropriate field during the exit process in the web shop but the full price is still displayed.
Heya,
With the freebie product, in your inMusic Profile page under the BFD3 product there, you can click the coupon button to generate the coupon. Then you'll see a link to 'reedem now' and if you use that coupon as a promo code, the product you choose should be free. If this isn't happening, please contact tech support at support@bfddrums.com

The scanning the content locations is an odd one. Not something I am seeing here, how long are you waiting for the scan?
It didn't go anything like that for me. I have migrated and redeemed the code successfully though. It was all manual work for me. Can't even remember how I stumbled across the store. Pretty cool offer though nonetheless. Horsepower is superb.
My Music >>> °morelia ° Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

KVRAF
7154 posts since 7 Mar, 2003

Post Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:55 pm

tq wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:47 pm
Hi Drew, as a long time user, it seems that I have presets and kits in various locations, i.e. a dedicated custom BFD folder (with subfolders, also from BFD 1 and 2), BFD folders in documents, and one in application support (Mac Big Sur here). It seems that the scanning doesn't find all the files there (or excludes folders for some reason), while others show up twice. I tried to rescan, but I still end up with missing pieces/presets.

So: Is there a recommended way of consolidating all the kit and preset files, and/or the samples, into one folder, without destroying some internal consistencies? I think I need to do that for a "clean BFD folder" solution. Also, it would be fab if the authorization manager would have such a "consolidate all into one folder" option that merges everything to one location and deletes doubles - I guess many long time users will have similar problems, as they moved folders from system to system.

By the way: Do you need bug reports on Apple Silicon/M1 (via the beta tester forum) already, or is that further down the road? I know it's not supported yet, so I don't want to swamp you with unnecessary reports.

TQ
Heya,
My advice right now is to have a main BFD Content folder somewhere on your machine, and install audio and groove packs into that.

Then have your Factory presets+kits+keymaps, etc, installed where they belong for 3.4. Which is:
Windows - C:\ProgramData\BFD Drums\BFD3\System
OSX - Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/BFD Drums/BFD3/System

For user stuff, you could basically have it anywhere as long as you add it as a data-path. However, BFD3 is setup to look at the stock user location by default, and I do recommend you use that for now. That is:

Win - C:\[USERNAME]\Drew\Documents\BFD Drums\BFD3/
OSX - Macintosh HD/Users/[Username]/Documents/BFD Drums/BFD3/

In the future all of this stuff should be much more configurable, but probably not for BFD3. More of a BFD4 thing.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Disclosure: I'm an audio engineer, product owner, and content developer working for inMusic Brands

KVRAF
7154 posts since 7 Mar, 2003

Post Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:56 pm

Chrizzly21 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:05 pm
Amberience wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:55 am
Chrizzly21 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:45 am
I successfully migrated my account to inMusic, installed the new bfd version but scanning the content paths sticks after a few seconds and the nothing happens anymore and even cancelling doesn't work.

I also tried to get my freebie, copied the code in the appropriate field during the exit process in the web shop but the full price is still displayed.
Heya,
With the freebie product, in your inMusic Profile page under the BFD3 product there, you can click the coupon button to generate the coupon. Then you'll see a link to 'reedem now' and if you use that coupon as a promo code, the product you choose should be free. If this isn't happening, please contact tech support at support@bfddrums.com

The scanning the content locations is an odd one. Not something I am seeing here, how long are you waiting for the scan?
I opened a project in Logic X and had to scan the content paths. It never ended no matter if I selected a single path or a drive. It was stuck. Later I finished Logic and opened BFD standalone. Now I could scan the content successfully. It took only some seconds depending on the content maybe a minute.

But what about BFD2 content?
We're working on getting BFD1 owners the BFD Eldorado pack, and BFD2 owners the BFD London Sessions pack - those are the modern equivalents for those libraries.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Disclosure: I'm an audio engineer, product owner, and content developer working for inMusic Brands

User avatar
KVRAF
4716 posts since 16 May, 2002 from Brisbane , Australia

Post Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:05 am

I spoke to early. BFD shows Horsepower but not the registration. The LM won't register Horsepower. I already registered it last night and when I try to register there is no serial number visible and if I enter one I get an error saying serial number failed validation. The LM Licenses page say no serial number for HP.

If I run the LM from the start menu HP shows as registered. From within BFD, unregistered. Running BFD 3.3.0 build 44. LM version 3.0.0.15
My Music >>> °morelia ° Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

KVRian
787 posts since 8 Jan, 2012 from frankfurt, Germany

Post Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:06 am

Amberience wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:56 pm
Chrizzly21 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:05 pm
Amberience wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:55 am
Chrizzly21 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:45 am
I successfully migrated my account to inMusic, installed the new bfd version but scanning the content paths sticks after a few seconds and the nothing happens anymore and even cancelling doesn't work.

I also tried to get my freebie, copied the code in the appropriate field during the exit process in the web shop but the full price is still displayed.
Heya,
With the freebie product, in your inMusic Profile page under the BFD3 product there, you can click the coupon button to generate the coupon. Then you'll see a link to 'reedem now' and if you use that coupon as a promo code, the product you choose should be free. If this isn't happening, please contact tech support at support@bfddrums.com

The scanning the content locations is an odd one. Not something I am seeing here, how long are you waiting for the scan?
I opened a project in Logic X and had to scan the content paths. It never ended no matter if I selected a single path or a drive. It was stuck. Later I finished Logic and opened BFD standalone. Now I could scan the content successfully. It took only some seconds depending on the content maybe a minute.

But what about BFD2 content?
We're working on getting BFD1 owners the BFD Eldorado pack, and BFD2 owners the BFD London Sessions pack - those are the modern equivalents for those libraries.
i am getting every start the message that bfd3 wants to migrate my fxpansion folders to bfddrums and when i click ok i get an error message back, so i copied manually from c:\programme(x86) and c:\programm data, but the message keeps the same and after i click cancel it wants to scan my library. Maybe this has also something to do with my bfd2 installation.
I downloaded and installed bdf2 and bfd3 content and every expansion again, but the error message is still present with library check.
Also my JM essentials Vol1 and Vol2 are openeing empty kits in the preset, and i don't know if it's solved with the london session pack.
All the libraries are now not compatible to bfd2, but i have it just installed to open old projects.
I have moved my old library to an other folder and it's just working. So maybe BFD London Sessions pack could be a solution, but it would be bether, if bfd2 library would be licensed by your new licenser. I also don't want to keep a second bfd content folder in future, because it's around 400 Gigabyte with expansions.

KVRer
3 posts since 20 Apr, 2021

Post Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:45 am

Amberience wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:56 pm
Chrizzly21 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:05 pm

But what about BFD2 content?
We're working on getting BFD1 owners the BFD Eldorado pack, and BFD2 owners the BFD London Sessions pack - those are the modern equivalents for those libraries.
Well, I own both. Would be great. Thanks for your commitment.

KVRist
153 posts since 1 Jan, 2011

Post Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:23 am

I have an unregistered Zildjian digital vault Z pack, and I have already migrated my BFD products. How would the new registration work? Authorize through Fxpansion and migrate again?
Last edited by zakufan on Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
tq
KVRian
809 posts since 23 Apr, 2003

Post Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:26 am

Amberience wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:55 pm
tq wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:47 pm
Hi Drew, as a long time user, it seems that I have presets and kits in various locations, i.e. a dedicated custom BFD folder (with subfolders, also from BFD 1 and 2), BFD folders in documents, and one in application support (Mac Big Sur here). It seems that the scanning doesn't find all the files there (or excludes folders for some reason), while others show up twice. I tried to rescan, but I still end up with missing pieces/presets.

So: Is there a recommended way of consolidating all the kit and preset files, and/or the samples, into one folder, without destroying some internal consistencies? I think I need to do that for a "clean BFD folder" solution. Also, it would be fab if the authorization manager would have such a "consolidate all into one folder" option that merges everything to one location and deletes doubles - I guess many long time users will have similar problems, as they moved folders from system to system.

By the way: Do you need bug reports on Apple Silicon/M1 (via the beta tester forum) already, or is that further down the road? I know it's not supported yet, so I don't want to swamp you with unnecessary reports.

TQ
Heya,
My advice right now is to have a main BFD Content folder somewhere on your machine, and install audio and groove packs into that.

Then have your Factory presets+kits+keymaps, etc, installed where they belong for 3.4. Which is:
Windows - C:\ProgramData\BFD Drums\BFD3\System
OSX - Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/BFD Drums/BFD3/System

For user stuff, you could basically have it anywhere as long as you add it as a data-path. However, BFD3 is setup to look at the stock user location by default, and I do recommend you use that for now. That is:

Win - C:\[USERNAME]\Drew\Documents\BFD Drums\BFD3/
OSX - Macintosh HD/Users/[Username]/Documents/BFD Drums/BFD3/

In the future all of this stuff should be much more configurable, but probably not for BFD3. More of a BFD4 thing.
Hi Drew,

o.k., running into issues with that - for some reason (s. below), BFD3 seems to ignore stuff in the Application Support folder.

I did install Jazz Noir as a free pack, and the presets and kits are not loaded. As a test, I made preset and kits folder in the location where my custom BFD3 folder (with the audio content) is located, put the Camco Aristocrat kits in there, let BFD rescan that folder - and voilà, the presets and kits show up. So I checked whether there is a scanning issue with application support folder.

I had a look at the log file, and indeed, there it says "Explore: Skipping explicitly excluded folder: /Library/Application Support/BFD Drums/BFD3/System". Now that is not very useful... However, I am not aware of the fact that I explicitly excluded that folder - it seems BFD3 skips that on purpose?!

TQ

KVRAF
7154 posts since 7 Mar, 2003

Post Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:38 am

tq wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:26 am
Amberience wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:55 pm
tq wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:47 pm
Hi Drew, as a long time user, it seems that I have presets and kits in various locations, i.e. a dedicated custom BFD folder (with subfolders, also from BFD 1 and 2), BFD folders in documents, and one in application support (Mac Big Sur here). It seems that the scanning doesn't find all the files there (or excludes folders for some reason), while others show up twice. I tried to rescan, but I still end up with missing pieces/presets.

So: Is there a recommended way of consolidating all the kit and preset files, and/or the samples, into one folder, without destroying some internal consistencies? I think I need to do that for a "clean BFD folder" solution. Also, it would be fab if the authorization manager would have such a "consolidate all into one folder" option that merges everything to one location and deletes doubles - I guess many long time users will have similar problems, as they moved folders from system to system.

By the way: Do you need bug reports on Apple Silicon/M1 (via the beta tester forum) already, or is that further down the road? I know it's not supported yet, so I don't want to swamp you with unnecessary reports.

TQ
Heya,
My advice right now is to have a main BFD Content folder somewhere on your machine, and install audio and groove packs into that.

Then have your Factory presets+kits+keymaps, etc, installed where they belong for 3.4. Which is:
Windows - C:\ProgramData\BFD Drums\BFD3\System
OSX - Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/BFD Drums/BFD3/System

For user stuff, you could basically have it anywhere as long as you add it as a data-path. However, BFD3 is setup to look at the stock user location by default, and I do recommend you use that for now. That is:

Win - C:\[USERNAME]\Drew\Documents\BFD Drums\BFD3/
OSX - Macintosh HD/Users/[Username]/Documents/BFD Drums/BFD3/

In the future all of this stuff should be much more configurable, but probably not for BFD3. More of a BFD4 thing.
Hi Drew,

o.k., running into issues with that - for some reason (s. below), BFD3 seems to ignore stuff in the Application Support folder.

I did install Jazz Noir as a free pack, and the presets and kits are not loaded. As a test, I made preset and kits folder in the location where my custom BFD3 folder (with the audio content) is located, put the Camco Aristocrat kits in there, let BFD rescan that folder - and voilà, the presets and kits show up. So I checked whether there is a scanning issue with application support folder.

I had a look at the log file, and indeed, there it says "Explore: Skipping explicitly excluded folder: /Library/Application Support/BFD Drums/BFD3/System". Now that is not very useful... However, I am not aware of the fact that I explicitly excluded that folder - it seems BFD3 skips that on purpose?!

TQ
Heya, that is most odd. I have reported this to our QA team with a link to your post for reproduction. Then it'll end up with the devs. Cheers!
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Disclosure: I'm an audio engineer, product owner, and content developer working for inMusic Brands

KVRAF
7154 posts since 7 Mar, 2003

Post Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:39 am

zakufan wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:23 am
I have an unregistered Zildjian digital vault Z pack, and I have already migrated my BFD products. How would the new registration work? Authorize through Fxpansion and migrate again?
Please contact BFD Drums technical support with your old serial number and proof of purchase, and they'll be able to sort you out with a copy of Zildjian Digital Vaults Vol. 1.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Disclosure: I'm an audio engineer, product owner, and content developer working for inMusic Brands

KVRAF
7154 posts since 7 Mar, 2003

Post Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:43 am

sacer wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:06 am

i am getting every start the message that bfd3 wants to migrate my fxpansion folders to bfddrums and when i click ok i get an error message back, so i copied manually from c:\programme(x86) and c:\programm data, but the message keeps the same and after i click cancel it wants to scan my library. Maybe this has also something to do with my bfd2 installation.
I downloaded and installed bdf2 and bfd3 content and every expansion again, but the error message is still present with library check.
Also my JM essentials Vol1 and Vol2 are openeing empty kits in the preset, and i don't know if it's solved with the london session pack.
All the libraries are now not compatible to bfd2, but i have it just installed to open old projects.
I have moved my old library to an other folder and it's just working. So maybe BFD London Sessions pack could be a solution, but it would be bether, if bfd2 library would be licensed by your new licenser. I also don't want to keep a second bfd content folder in future, because it's around 400 Gigabyte with expansions.
For the nagging on startup you can do this:

Open Registry Editor
Navigate to: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\BFD Drums\BFD3
Check for these entries: FirstRun, fxp2inm_migration, and NeedScan
If you don’t have them all, create them. They should all be string types.
Set FirstRun to ‘No’ without quotes.
Set fxp2inm_migration to ‘migrated’ without quotes.
Set ‘NeedScan’ to ‘no’ without quotes.
This will stop BFD from nagging you about copying across old files.


Your JM1+2 issues will be resolved by getting you a copy of BFD London Sessions. That is in progress. Will know more on that soon.

We no longer support BFD2 and haven't for some time now, so if you want to continue using it, you'll have to keep copies of your old data around to continue using it, apologies.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Disclosure: I'm an audio engineer, product owner, and content developer working for inMusic Brands

KVRist
124 posts since 11 Apr, 2004

Post Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:51 am

Hi, since days I'm trying to migrate my fxpansion BFD Drums to my inMusic Account. I already had an inMusic account.
I tried the migration as described in the fxpansion Mails. I get a mail from fxpansion and follow the link. Then I get to BFD MIGRATION page where I have to check a checkbox and then I have to hit SEND.
Anytime I hit the SEND button I get this error message "Unable to complete this request due to an error. Error has been logged."
I already tried it in several browsers on different computers (Mac and PC), but I always get the same error message.
Could you please help me to finally migrate my BFD drums!
Thanks,
Florian Goebels
MacPro 2019, Big Sur, Logic X, Orion 32+, PolyBrute, Iridium, Prophet6, OB6, MKS80/50, V-Synth XT, JD990, JX8P, TG77, Fantom6, Hydrasynth, Microwave I, Matrix1000, Radias, Maschine Mk2, KK61 MkII

KVRAF
7154 posts since 7 Mar, 2003

Post Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:21 am

flonky wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:51 am
Hi, since days I'm trying to migrate my fxpansion BFD Drums to my inMusic Account. I already had an inMusic account.
I tried the migration as described in the fxpansion Mails. I get a mail from fxpansion and follow the link. Then I get to BFD MIGRATION page where I have to check a checkbox and then I have to hit SEND.
Anytime I hit the SEND button I get this error message "Unable to complete this request due to an error. Error has been logged."
I already tried it in several browsers on different computers (Mac and PC), but I always get the same error message.
Could you please help me to finally migrate my BFD drums!
Thanks,
Florian Goebels
Hey Florian,
I just sent you a PM.

Cheers,
Drew
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Disclosure: I'm an audio engineer, product owner, and content developer working for inMusic Brands

KVRer
4 posts since 10 Jul, 2018

Post Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:07 am

Hi Drew,

I've not been able to send any support ticket from my inMusic account so here I am. The migration went fine for me, but not the software update. So I ended up uninstalling BFD3 and the expansions. Went ahead and installed everything back, with BFD3 software installed to the default path and all of the core audio and expansions into a dedicated folder that I've pointed the installers to.

Scan upon startup was fine, except now in my presets and kits list I'm missing all my Joe Barresi Evil Drums. The individual pieces do show up though. Is there something I'm missing or some sort of workaround in place as I do use those kits a lot.

I'm not averse to going through installation steps, but the BFD system is one of those that's a real PITA.

Return to “Instruments”