FXpansion’s BFD Acquired by inMusic

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BFD 3 BFD Eco

Hi edster, see my post above - maybe that's a similar issue? I ran into an issue of BFD not finding presets and kits in the folder in Application Support (on a Mac) - in my case, BFD seems to skip scanning that folder for some reason (which it shouldn't); it even says so in its log files. If that is the case, you may try to circumvent the issue by copying your preset files and kits to a different location/folder, then add that folder to your custom locations, and then let BFD rescan the folder. Worked in my case. Might not be a permanent solution, but could help you with your problem for the time being. TQ

Hi tq, I'm afraid my issue is somewhat similar but yet different from yours. Thanks for bringing this up though, hopefully Drew and his team can figure out what's going on with this whole set of updates.

The folders (incl. the Evil Drums) do show up on scan and is ticked. But the presets/kits are nowhere to be found. I've actually tried moving the Audio and Groove folders to 2 new locations and rescanned. Shows up in the list and ticked, but still no preset/kit for the Evil Drums.

Major bummer and I've gotten annoyed enough to remove the whole BFD off my system, will probably wait till there's a solution/fix announced.

Has anyone opened a support ticket on the bfddrum website? I tried to but I never got any notification or saw any indication that it was created. It just went back to the main support page when I hit submit. I don’t see a record of a support ticket in my account, either. Kind of annoying.

masterhiggins wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:50 pm Has anyone opened a support ticket on the bfddrum website? I tried to but I never got any notification or saw any indication that it was created. It just went back to the main support page when I hit submit. I don’t see a record of a support ticket in my account, either. Kind of annoying.
I reported some issues in the forum. The support page needed way too much information about me for a support ticket IMO (was asking for the usual stuff, then unnecessary things like physical address, name of retailer, purchase date, etc.). Frankly, turned me off to the support process.

I mentioned it to Drew in the forums, so hopefully that gets simplified in the future.

Oh, yeah. The amount of details requested is complete shit. Seriously. If we’re logged into our account why do we need to give the serial number? They can look it up themselves.

masterhiggins wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:50 pm Has anyone opened a support ticket on the bfddrum website? I tried to but I never got any notification or saw any indication that it was created. It just went back to the main support page when I hit submit. I don’t see a record of a support ticket in my account, either. Kind of annoying.
That was my experience too, clicked on submit and nothing happened. Thus me checking in with Drew directly here.

Amberience wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:43 pm
sacer wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:06 am
i am getting every start the message that bfd3 wants to migrate my fxpansion folders to bfddrums and when i click ok i get an error message back, so i copied manually from c:\programme(x86) and c:\programm data, but the message keeps the same and after i click cancel it wants to scan my library. Maybe this has also something to do with my bfd2 installation.
I downloaded and installed bdf2 and bfd3 content and every expansion again, but the error message is still present with library check.
Also my JM essentials Vol1 and Vol2 are openeing empty kits in the preset, and i don't know if it's solved with the london session pack.
All the libraries are now not compatible to bfd2, but i have it just installed to open old projects.
I have moved my old library to an other folder and it's just working. So maybe BFD London Sessions pack could be a solution, but it would be bether, if bfd2 library would be licensed by your new licenser. I also don't want to keep a second bfd content folder in future, because it's around 400 Gigabyte with expansions.
For the nagging on startup you can do this:

Open Registry Editor
Navigate to: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\BFD Drums\BFD3
Check for these entries: FirstRun, fxp2inm_migration, and NeedScan
If you don’t have them all, create them. They should all be string types.
Set FirstRun to ‘No’ without quotes.
Set fxp2inm_migration to ‘migrated’ without quotes.
Set ‘NeedScan’ to ‘no’ without quotes.
This will stop BFD from nagging you about copying across old files.

Your JM1+2 issues will be resolved by getting you a copy of BFD London Sessions. That is in progress. Will know more on that soon.

We no longer support BFD2 and haven't for some time now, so if you want to continue using it, you'll have to keep copies of your old data around to continue using it, apologies.

The message about migration is now gone, but it opens up after starting the plugin again the library content locations, i think because bfd2 and BFD rock Tambourine show the license button on the left.

For anyone still experiencing the nagging screen at startup of the standalone or plugin: run the standalone as admin once (windows obviously), click "OK". Solved it in one try for me, no manual fiddling around in the registry necessary.

edster wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:55 pm
That was my experience too, clicked on submit and nothing happened. Thus me checking in with Drew directly here.
I tried to open a support ticket, too. No response. And I agree that the amount of stuff required to submit a ticket is a bit much. Very little of it applied to my request.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

I just had a really odd thing happen: I checked my FXPansion License Manager (I do this often as I own several FXPansion applications) and BFD3 had an upgrade offered: BFD3.1.3.33. I clicked the install button and my inMusic BFD 3.4 reverted back to FXPansion BFD3.3.1.33 without any issues at all. I can't see the free expansion ("Metal Snares") I received after migrating to inMusic, but other than that, everything else is fine and I can access all my BFD1 and BFD2 sounds. I'm not sure at all what this means. I guess some good questions would be: with inMusic currently owning BFD3, can I run my FXPansion and inMusic versions on the same machine somehow? Will one upgrade always blitz the other when I attempt it? If "Eldorado Pack" and "London Sessions" are equivalent to the drum sets/individual drum sounds in BFD1 and BFD2 respectively (and I can DL these), I think my only issue would seem to be getting "Zildjian Digital Vault Vol. 1" to work. I own an old copy of this and while it exists in my account on the FXPansion website with a registration number, it does not even show up in FXPansion License Manager; I've had it that long. Can this be registered in the BFD Drum License Manager or are there issues with this as well?
Last edited by dlandis on Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

morelia wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:05 am I spoke to early. BFD shows Horsepower but not the registration. The LM won't register Horsepower. I already registered it last night and when I try to register there is no serial number visible and if I enter one I get an error saying serial number failed validation. The LM Licenses page say no serial number for HP.

If I run the LM from the start menu HP shows as registered. From within BFD, unregistered. Running BFD 3.3.0 build 44. LM version 3.0.0.15
:) :?:

Looks like you (Amberience) may be my only hope if the support system is bupkis.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

@morelia

If you look at your inMusic Profile account in a web browser, do you see Horsepower in your list of products?
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

morelia wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:56 am
morelia wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:05 am I spoke to early. BFD shows Horsepower but not the registration. The LM won't register Horsepower. I already registered it last night and when I try to register there is no serial number visible and if I enter one I get an error saying serial number failed validation. The LM Licenses page say no serial number for HP.

If I run the LM from the start menu HP shows as registered. From within BFD, unregistered. Running BFD 3.3.0 build 44. LM version 3.0.0.15
:) :?:

Looks like you (Amberience) may be my only hope if the support system is bupkis.
pretty sure you will need to update to 3.4 to get horsepower to work
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

Amberience wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:21 pm
flonky wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:51 pm Hi, since days I'm trying to migrate my fxpansion BFD Drums to my inMusic Account. I already had an inMusic account.
I tried the migration as described in the fxpansion Mails. I get a mail from fxpansion and follow the link. Then I get to BFD MIGRATION page where I have to check a checkbox and then I have to hit SEND.
Anytime I hit the SEND button I get this error message "Unable to complete this request due to an error. Error has been logged."
I already tried it in several browsers on different computers (Mac and PC), but I always get the same error message.
Could you please help me to finally migrate my BFD drums!
Thanks,
Florian Goebels
Hey Florian,
I just sent you a PM.

Cheers,
Drew
Hi Drew,
I'm having the same problem as Florian. Mail-support sadly didn't reply yet. Maybe you can help me out, too. I'm so looking forward to the update for Big Sur. So great to see you up and running again.
And I'm one of the BFD1 and 2 owners, too. So any news on Eldorado and London Sessions?
Thanks
Jan

jan.schoene wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:16 am
Amberience wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:21 pm
flonky wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:51 pm Hi, since days I'm trying to migrate my fxpansion BFD Drums to my inMusic Account. I already had an inMusic account.
I tried the migration as described in the fxpansion Mails. I get a mail from fxpansion and follow the link. Then I get to BFD MIGRATION page where I have to check a checkbox and then I have to hit SEND.
Anytime I hit the SEND button I get this error message "Unable to complete this request due to an error. Error has been logged."
I already tried it in several browsers on different computers (Mac and PC), but I always get the same error message.
Could you please help me to finally migrate my BFD drums!
Thanks,
Florian Goebels
Hey Florian,
I just sent you a PM.

Cheers,
Drew
Hi Drew,
I'm having the same problem as Florian. Mail-support sadly didn't reply yet. Maybe you can help me out, too. I'm so looking forward to the update for Big Sur. So great to see you up and running again.
And I'm one of the BFD1 and 2 owners, too. So any news on Eldorado and London Sessions?
Thanks
Jan
Please PM me!
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Return to “Instruments”