Vember Audio Surge is now open-source

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surge XT The Sonic Transformation

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:03 pm (including support for ODDSound MTS-ESP!),
yes!
thank you!

:clap:

My jaw hit the floor with this update. Eurorack modules and Airwindows integration? All easily mapped to lfos/envs? This is insane.

We've had a bunch of Airwindows effects integrated in 1.8 already, but just added a few more (mostly Chris' latest reverbs).

Yeah indeed! But it also shows how powerful open source is. Both airwindows and emiles eurorack code were open source, on GitHub, and easy to integrate (with the authors permission)

Thanks a lot, guys!

Just checking it out and this is really fun.
I love the microptuning options with all the possible scala-files - easy to use. And great that the tuning can stay selected while preset changing. Also the comb filters are nice plus the airwindows and Chow-fx - so many options.. Well done all of you :party:
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

I really would like to know how came that spirit. I mean, at the moment there is no other Plugins which updates so quick. Is there a plan? What says the future?
Is there an interview with the makers(and the orginal maker)?

Love the release notes:
Modern, a low aliasing, clean waveshape oscillator based on extensive research into low aliasing waveform generation methods (DPW in this case)

Alias, a very, very digital oscillator based on ignoring extensive research into low aliasing waveform generation methods, which as a result gives lots of 8-bit joy

Congratulations for the release, and thank you for sharing and updating this awesome synth!

Wow! My favourite not-fully modular plugin keeps getting crazy improvements and additons I hadn't dreamed of! :love:

I can't find a link to the Discord server on the about page @ https://surge-synthesizer.github.io/about/ - thought I'd mention it as EvilD just said it should be there. If I want to make some little feature request should I use Discord or Github or is it all the same to the devs?

Great additions again, thanks so much!

Hpwenzel wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:09 pmIs there a plan? What says the future?
You can always take a look at our rough milestones on GitHub, to see what we roughly have in store for the future.
Gone soft wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:10 pmI can't find a link to the Discord server on the about page @ https://surge-synthesizer.github.io/about/ - thought I'd mention it as EvilD just said it should be there. If I want to make some little feature request should I use Discord or Github or is it all the same to the devs?
About page within Surge, when you click on the Menu in bottom right. There's a Discord logo right there, you click on, and get an invite :)

Awesome stuff, thanks!
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

Thanks again
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

rezoneight wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:23 pm Love the release notes:
Modern, a low aliasing, clean waveshape oscillator based on extensive research into low aliasing waveform generation methods (DPW in this case)

Alias, a very, very digital oscillator based on ignoring extensive research into low aliasing waveform generation methods, which as a result gives lots of 8-bit joy
We had a good laugh at that juxtaposition yeah!

Hpwenzel wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:09 pm I really would like to know how came that spirit. I mean, at the moment there is no other Plugins which updates so quick. Is there a plan? What says the future?
Is there an interview with the makers(and the orginal maker)?
There's mostly kinda a plan sort of which we have on discord and GitHub but it's flexible. If you want the plan to be different join the team and help us craft it! Anyone welcome.

And we're just having fun mostly. A group of people who find it satisfying to write software people use, combined with a really great starting point (the version Claes open sourced in 2018 was a solid synth before we did anything to it), and a nice community has kinda make it work.

Return to “Instruments”