Getting bored of Fl Studio... What should I try?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yea i figured out what it it was. Since i started trying to add vocals to my music it has change the way i compose songs. Im tryna go back to my old ways and not think about the vocals and focus on making jammy electronic rock, and sound design. Im not much of a vocalist anyways. it was fun tho lol

You should learn things about FL Studio you didn't know before. Explore it's immense. I tried switching to Live for a while and it just sucks in comparison. No other DAW is as fun and deep as FL Studio IMO.

I use Live mainly but still have that FL lifetime license & I was under the impression FL had caught up with the new playlist features etc as far as audio files
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

lpr wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:24 am You should learn things about FL Studio you didn't know before. Explore it's immense. I tried switching to Live for a while and it just sucks in comparison. No other DAW is as fun and deep as FL Studio IMO.
ill do this. yea even tho ive used it for years, im sure there is so many feature i dont know

If you don't wanna stay, try Cubase. Full VST3. All features... Though might be like a kind of writers block.
"Its immense" agree.

lpr wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:24 am You should learn things about FL Studio you didn't know before. Explore it's immense. I tried switching to Live for a while and it just sucks in comparison. No other DAW is as fun and deep as FL Studio IMO.
I dont think ya know what ya talkin' bout mate. 8)
There ain't nu-in' wrong wit Ableton. I think you'll find tha workflow in linear mode iz wayy better than FL which in comparision iz like walkin' in concrete shoes. Mwaybe you should try ta get back in tha Ableton camp, becauz it'z ahead of all Z competition since the last 2 updates

I will wait for FL Studio 21 and Mulab 9 to be released and then decide for which will be my main and perhaps my one and only DAW. Currently Studio One 5 is my main DAW but Reaper 6 and Cubase 11 Pro are very close to take the number one spot. I hope that FLS and Mulab add ARA implementation to their feature set.

maybe it depends on my song making process. I usually work on a loop for a while and that turns into a verse or another part of the song. All lot of time when im experimenting, (or just really high) I like to record my loop into edison as I play around with different parameters and nobs on my synths/fx. Fl doesnt have a good way of changing patterns live does it? it usually just changes the pattern mid way thru. is there a way to que up the next pattern to play, instead of putting it all out in the playlist. Or is there another daw that is better for that sort of song making process?

There is "Arranger" in both Studio One and Cubase that you can put sections (Verse, chorus, ..etc) then arrange them as you like. Check some videos about both. Cubase have also a player with how many times one section plays before jumping to the other part.

If I were bored with my DAW, I would pick up my guitar or flute, or work with hardware synths and/or external recorder rather than look to another DAW... something different from staring at the computer.

Kinh wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:48 am I dont think ya know what ya talkin' bout mate. 8)
There ain't nu-in' wrong wit Ableton. I think you'll find tha workflow in linear mode iz wayy better than FL which in comparision iz like walkin' in concrete shoes. Mwaybe you should try ta get back in tha Ableton camp, becauz it'z ahead of all Z competition since the last 2 updates
Nothing against Ableton, but FL Studio walks in no shoes I'm sure. You can put your pattern wherever you like, no fixed tracks. You just defending your DAW, which is perfectly understandable.
I'd say you can get lost in Cubase's features, which is good.

cantaloupe wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:16 am My personal conviction is that people shouldn't assign their creativity to their tools, even though their tools sort of dictate the direction they are going most of the time. Sitting down and thinking of different ways of writing and being creative within the fixed frame of your toolset is much more productive than actually switching up your DAW or toolset for some short lived inspiration..
It's not either or - I switch DAWs all the time and I'd wager I am amongst the more productive round these parts - or any parts, for that matter...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

EnGee wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:17 am There is "Arranger" in both Studio One and Cubase that you can put sections (Verse, chorus, ..etc) then arrange them as you like. Check some videos about both. Cubase have also a player with how many times one section plays before jumping to the other part.
If one is interested in this sort of thing, Reason in my opinion clearly offers by far the superior solution with its Blocks-feature.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

NM

handoman wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:53 am maybe it depends on my song making process. I usually work on a loop for a while and that turns into a verse or another part of the song. All lot of time when im experimenting, (or just really high) I like to record my loop into edison as I play around with different parameters and nobs on my synths/fx. Fl doesnt have a good way of changing patterns live does it? it usually just changes the pattern mid way thru. is there a way to que up the next pattern to play, instead of putting it all out in the playlist. Or is there another daw that is better for that sort of song making process?
Bitwig/Live

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”