Cubase 11Elements

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Strange.
Its metronom click gets distortet after a few clicks, every time.
Something I am doing wrong?
Also audio recordings crackle in Cubase, but not with Reaper, same audio Interface.
Win10.

kj
Last edited by codec_spurt on Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Some that helped me with a better performance in Cubase:
- Pause "One Drive" if you have it enabled.
- Set the buffer size a little bit bigger (for example instead of 128 make it 256)
- Use 32bit float for your project
- Use less sample rate (for example 44.1 khz)

If these don't help, then check if Cubase has a problem with a driver (graphic card driver maybe?)

How can I check driver conflicts?

Have you changed the the generic Steinberg supplied driver for you own asio driver yet ?

The generic one that Steinberg set by default has very high latency and could be the cause of your problem.

classic wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:34 pm How can I check driver conflicts?
Read this:
https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar ... cy-issues/

dellboy wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:35 pm Have you changed the the generic Steinberg supplied driver for you own asio driver yet ?

The generic one that Steinberg set by default has very high latency and could be the cause of your problem.
I use the driver of my USB soundcard.
At least the sound comes out of it.

What does that mean, how can I find this?

" Pause "One Drive" if you have it enabled."

Is it possible, that I installed the Digidesign MBox driver two times?
Looks like that in my system.

classic wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:03 pm What does that mean, how can I find this?

" Pause "One Drive" if you have it enabled."
If you don't know, then probably it's not installed. Don't worry about.

Try to uninstall mbox driver till you don't see it in device manager. You need to disconnect your device first, then restart and install the latest driver, then restart again.

What is your PC specs?

classic wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:15 pm Is it possible, that I installed the Digidesign MBox driver two times?
Looks like that in my system.

I think the issue is the the Mbox 2, I've got the Mini version of that and with Cubase I can't really use its ASIO driver, the issues I've found are:
  • Audio files plays distorted
  • If you don't arm all the VSTi tracks, they won't reproduce anything during playback
The only way to fix it is to get a new audio card, or to use the Generic driver that Steinberg provides, which has very high latency.

But checking the thing better, I've found something strange.

Both cards uses the same driver version, latest being 9.0.2.65 but one comes zipped, and the other in plain .exe form, could you check if you are using that? You just have to right click on the device name and click on Driver tab.
Mbox2_Mini_Driver_22_04_2021.PNG
And, despite having installed the correct one, mine it's listed as the beta version, 8.0.4b.

:scared:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That drivers conflict was an issue way back, and if my recollection is correct was always an issue with Cubase and PT drivers.

SonicBlue555 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:00 am I think the issue is the the Mbox 2, I've got the Mini version of that and with Cubase I can't really use its ASIO driver, the issues I've found are:
  • If you don't arm all the VSTi tracks, they won't reproduce anything during playback
The only way to fix it is to get a new audio card, or to use the Generic driver that Steinberg provides, which has very high latency.
Exactly!

Both cards uses the same driver version, latest being 9.0.2.65 but one comes zipped, and the other in plain .exe form, could you check if you are using that? You just have to right click on the device name and click on Driver tab.

And, despite having installed the correct one, mine it's listed as the beta version, 8.0.4b.

Mine is correctly listed, strange...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Passing Bye wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:44 pm
SonicBlue555 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:00 am I think the issue is the the Mbox 2, I've got the Mini version of that and with Cubase I can't really use its ASIO driver, the issues I've found are:
Exactly!

Mine is correctly listed, strange...
I've uninstalled the device from the Device Manager (removing all the drivers) and uninstalled the driver from the Control Panel; now it shows the correct driver version. I think something went wrong when I tried to find a solution for this issue, by installing other drivers. This thing seems to be affecting this series of audio cards since forever, even Sonar, if you don't change an option you get the transport bar stuck just after pressing play :dog:

I've found a workaround for the VSTi not playing, they work if you disable ASIO Guard, but I think there's no way to get the audio files to play properly.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”