Introducing HoRNet MultiFreqs - Feedback, Anyone?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HoRNet just released a new spectrum analyzer called MultiFreqs. Though I am a FF Pro-Q3 junkie myself, I do like what I'm seeing in MultiFreqs to colorfully display all instances of spectrums at once. Seems more appealing than the one-at-a-time approach in ProQ3. Thoughts or experiences thus far?

Don't know. Blue Cat Audios FreqAnalsyst multi seems more clear and useful from the first look.

No demo is always already off putting.

marzelli wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:07 pm Don't know. Blue Cat Audios FreqAnalsyst multi seems more clear and useful from the first look.
Except Blue Cat opted to use a linear frequency grid graduations which I personally find hard to use, compared to the ubiquitous log graduations.

plexuss wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:15 pm
marzelli wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:07 pm Don't know. Blue Cat Audios FreqAnalsyst multi seems more clear and useful from the first look.
Except Blue Cat opted to use a linear frequency grid graduations which I personally find hard to use, compared to the ubiquitous log graduations.
Fair point. I personally don't need the grid often but rather use the readouts and mouseover.

Soundplex wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:10 pm No demo is always already off putting.
I know. Me too. That, unfortunately, is a HorNet thing. But for $14.99 euro, I can see why he doesn't do it. Blue Cat's spectrum and tools look more in-depth, of course, but also costs 6x as much.

2:43AM wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:24 pm
Soundplex wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:10 pm No demo is always already off putting.
I know. Me too. That, unfortunately, is a HorNet thing. But for $14.99 euro, I can see why he doesn't do it. Blue Cat's spectrum and tools look more in-depth, of course, but also costs 6x as much.
And just in case if needed in the future, Blue Cat doesn't offer license transfers but Hornet does.

Hornet offers a 15 money back for this "Demo: We decided to not provide a demo for MultiFreqs because we don’t want to to cripple our product too much and limiting the capability of this plugin for a demo would mean to provide a bad testing experience. For this reason we offer an instantaneous full refund within 15 days of your purchase if you buy MultiFreqs and you don’t like it"

Way cheaper than similar offerings, and will end up on sale sometime soon. I'll be buying, I dig the brand, and this fills a need for a quick multi-track analyzer.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

I got it tonight and tested it on a mix. The ability to see a bunch of tracks at once is innovative, though I mainly focus on two at a time.

It's like adding eyes to your ears, which makes it easy and faster to set EQ to make sure sounds don't overlap. (Whether you're setting low/high pass or punching a hole to make room for another track.)

Doing it visually instead of purely by ear made me make bigger EQ moves. By the time my mix was finished, I had more separation between instruments than I normally do. This made me realize I never went far enough before.

So this is a problem fixer tool as well as an educational tool. Using this will help me do the same process by ear, better.

This is one of my Hornet favorites. Very happy with my purchase.

PS. What makes this plugin unique is the ease of showing multiple tracks at once. You just add it to all the tracks you want to see and then a simple checkbox enables the display in any of the windows. Brilliant.

2:43AM wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:57 pm HoRNet just released a new spectrum analyzer called MultiFreqs. Though I am a FF Pro-Q3 junkie myself, I do like what I'm seeing in MultiFreqs to colorfully display all instances of spectrums at once. Seems more appealing than the one-at-a-time approach in ProQ3. Thoughts or experiences thus far?
Pro-Q3 can already do this. Just select other channels from the drop-down list, it'll show every instance that's in use.

https://www.fabfilter.com/help/pro-q/using/analyzer

The only difference is that the Hornet one can show up to 28 channels at once in the big display, but it requires you to open an instance of the Hornet plug-in on each of these channels. A lot of extra work, while in Pro-Q3 all your instances are already there and you just pick the ones you want to compare :wink:
More BPM please

The ben/schulz analyser that is on sale at the moment through audioplugindeals has a similar function to Multifreq I think. Not that Id discourage peoole from buying from Hornet, a very good developer to deal with in my experience

I don't think the Schulz analyser does collisions though, does it? I have it & don't remember seeing that functionality?

Both the Hornet and Schulz offerings pale in comparison to MMultiAnalyzer....but Melda plugins can be polarising.

Picked up the Hornet one...it's a no-brainer at that price.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

mcnelson wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:29 pm I don't think the Schulz analyser does collisions though, does it? I have it & don't remember seeing that functionality?

Both the Hornet and Schulz offerings pale in comparison to MMultiAnalyzer....but Melda plugins can be polarising.

Picked up the Hornet one...it's a no-brainer at that price.
I think you are right about the Schulz, although the usability is excellent and in practice I am not sure how much I would use the difference spectrum - maybe not much, maybe always :)

(I had the Melda MMultiAnalyzer and sold it - did not like it at all, although I have other melda plugins I do use)

Hi, thank you all for liking the plugin :)

We already have a quite long list of suggestion for a new update so given the right time we'll improve the plugin even more :)

Saverio

Edit: deleted
Last edited by cilie on Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Try!

Return to “Effects”