FL Studio 20.9 Beta

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nice little update before the rumoured big changes in 21!

WHAT'S NEW?

Improved Undo - Most changes made in FL Studio itself can now be undone and redone. See General Settings > Undo history for Alternate undo mode that steps through undo rather than alternates undo/redo.
Channel Settings - (Right+Click) 'Type in value'
Channel Pitch bend Range control now allows semi-tone values.
Control Surface - Added a 'Show labels' option to show or hide control labels.
General Settings - When changing Languages warnings are now shown in multiple languages, if necessary. Added 'Alternate undo mode' option to change the undo and redo shortcuts.
Piano roll > Note properties - The Note Properties dialog is now always shown on the same screen as the Piano roll.
Piano roll - Added an option to preview notes as they are mouse clicked into the piano roll during playback.
Automation Clip Channel Settings - Automation Editor with parameter being edited shown below the editor window. Includes the ability to edit the target links.
Playlist - Playlist tracks are now selectable. (Ctrl+Up/Down Arrows) now selects a track. (Ctrl+Alt+Up/Down Arrow) extends the selection. NOTE: If you are in Instrument Track mode, dropping Effects on one of a multi-selection of Instrument Tracks will add the Effect to all selected tracks in the group.
3x Osc - Added anti-aliasing to oscillators.
Edison - Apply visualization options without closing the menu when (Right+Click) is used. Renamed 'Disable undo for large samples' menu to 'Enable undo for large samples'.
Toolbar - Added a toolbar button to change set language. This will appear by default when the language is changed from the default.
Maximus & Limiter - Added a menu option to disable the -0.2 dB safety margin.
MIDI Controllers - FL Studio now sends a device identification message when a new MIDI devices are detected.
Mixer - Allow arming a mixer track that doesn't have an external audio input open.
Sample Length - Support huge samples when saving, loading and editing (64bit lengths instead of 32bit).
Support context aware values - (Right+Click) 'Type in value' windows for 7 Band EQ, Beepmap, Blood Overdrive, BooBass, Delay 2, Fast Dist, FL Keys, Flangus, FLEX, Fruit Kick, Granulizer, Harmless, Ogun, Panomatic, Stereo Enhancer, Wave Shaper and X-Y Controller now are context aware. Add Hz, dB, % etc when typing in values to specify the format.
Warnings - FL Studio show a warning when trying to make a Playlist selection 'unique' and a lot of Clips are selected. Are you sure?
Windows File Browser - Replaced all folder selection windows with the modern OS File Browser window.
Channel Rack Selectors - For a selected Channel, changed from single-click to double-click to select all Channels.
Merge Clips - Now works for all selected clip types.
Burn to MIDI - Additional reset options for Swing and Arpeggiator pop-up after selecting Burning MIDI.
Right-click Controls Menu - Added 'Edit automation clip' option when a control has Automation.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Indeed. :tu:

But most importantly, the feature I kept Shinyless bugging about has now been implemented. Hopefully it is just the beginning.
Playlist - Playlist tracks are now selectable. (Ctrl+Up/Down Arrows) now selects a track. (Ctrl+Alt+Up/Down Arrow) extends the selection. NOTE: If you are in Instrument Track mode, dropping Effects on one of a multi-selection of Instrument Tracks will add the Effect to all selected tracks in the group.
Of course, others also requested this, but I think I was the one who wanted/requested it the most. :)

Yup- that's a nice one...from the 'teaser' thread there looks like a few more bits may slip in like a 'takeover' mode for generic controllers option.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:51 am Yup- that's a nice one...from the 'teaser' thread there looks like a few more bits may slip in like a 'takeover' mode for generic controllers option.
Ah, what's that? Haven't been visiting Looptalk properly these days, so might have missed it. Looks of my interest, because I am fed up about this MIDI Input and Output ports!

I can hardly wait for the black skin https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... e#p1566313
Last edited by xbitz on Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

I made 2 vids to demonstrate the new additions and changes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQvp3oa0zuY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpMnXEptK-k

LOL...

xbitz was a bit faster... :hihi:

^^^ fixed :)
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

ANTI ALIAS 3OSC!!!!!!!
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

I actually love that. I can reasonably use it now. It's a fun little basic subtractive to make basic sounds with, but that alias used to kill the deal for me.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Spencer Maddox wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:52 pm I actually love that. I can reasonably use it now. It's a fun little basic subtractive to make basic sounds with, but that alias used to kill the deal for me.
Its actually pretty useful in patcher followed by the more advanced filters and FX, its not exactly Reaktor, but you can make some cool stuff pretty fast!

Spencer Maddox wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:52 pm I actually love that. I can reasonably use it now. It's a fun little basic subtractive to make basic sounds with, but that alias used to kill the deal for me.
Quite the opposit here. I loved how the saw aliased and didn't sound clean and boring :D Followed by chorus etc. that gave it grip.

SLiC wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:59 pm
Its actually pretty useful in patcher followed by the more advanced filters and FX, its not exactly Reaktor, but you can make some cool stuff pretty fast!
Really...? How do you do that???
3xosc.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sorry my bad, you can’t put it in, but you can feed the audio in...

https://youtu.be/R1S3Dz_Qt_U

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”