Finally the very good news from Steinberg!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Artist 13 Cubase Elements 13 Cubase Pro 13

chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:58 pm
Lerian wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:48 pm Hopefully Steinberg and other companies will stop wasting user's time and energy bills.
I think you're overestimating the energy consumption a tad. :ud:
If you add up all the energy wasted by poorly written code in the whole world? I have a hunch its something worth considering having the code optimized.
Last edited by Lerian on Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Now imagine the energy wasted on internet forums. :o

^ this could have been a great joke if we weren't breathe gas emissions in basically every modern city

Lerian wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:48 pmI remember when cubase went the dongle way, many legit users used cracked versions because they were twice as fast as the official release.
bullshit
Lerian wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:48 pm How come Reaper and FLStudio can run so fast and blah blah blah
Cubase takes about 3 seconds to launch here. Nice :nutter: rant tho

"This video is generated by only 64k of code. Check the description for details."
spamtastic

Almost every time. Not every time, but almost. One who dares to point to the emperor wearing no clothes gets mocked, bashed, called a ranter, spammer, and whatnot. I guess its the standard now.
jancivil wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:29 pm Cubase takes about 3 seconds to launch here. Nice :nutter: rant tho
It can launch in 5min, it doesnt really matter. What matters is how many live plugins can handle without starting to pop/crack/stutter. It matters if it can run on low power, so my laptop's battery last longer. It matters if it can optimize memory/cpu usage so i can have both video and audio daws opened at the same time and running fluid on an mid-spec laptop. All these things matter.

Props to Apple for doing a great thing with the M1 chip, basically forcing devs to recode their apps.

@Lerian I suppose that you know nothing about programming and stuff you're talking about. Comparison of 64k demo to DAW... Apples and Saturn's rings...
I understand: you want, you demand. With no knowledge about coding you're demanding something to be mandatory. Good one.
You would be a good companion to the one programmer that I talked with a few days ago, who never worked with audio but he was lecturing me and my friend (both sound designers) about necessity of hardware (which he never ever had in hands) in our profession.
Just because you think that something should be done your way, it doesn't mean that it's (currently) possible.

@pixel85 ok, if you think assuming and patronizing me makes you right, let me put it this way: how come, on the same computer with the same soundcard and the same latency, i can play in reaper and fl studio several instances of the same patch of omnisphere while in cubase even one instance goes in processing overload and pops and cracks like hell? Could be because of poor code optimization? Useless encryption/decryption cycles to "copy protect" it on the expense of the legit users?. No, ofc not, i just don't know anything about coding. Oh, and "32bit plugins are no longer supported"? I mean, for real? Its that hard for you to code a bridge? Sure, I'm clueless about coding. How dare I!

And btw, if you don't think is possible it doesn't mean it isnt. Ofc the 64k demo is a relevant example. A relevant example of good and tight CODING. Ofc when you have no idea whats been done by previous teams and you import legacy code that's never been optimized because the previous team managers have never cared about optimization but only deadlines and let accountants run the show installing even more bloatware and slower and inconvenient dongles without the slightest consideration for user's experience, you struggle to play even one instance of a plugin.

So, dear cubase fanboys, you should be more careful about what you're asking for your money. Especially in a time when money are tight and competition is fierce. Nowadays any kid with a mid-spec laptop and a copy of FL Studio can get better results than most of so called "pro" producers with thousands of dollars invested in fancy software and hardware. DAW's are just tools. And if they get in the way of user's creativity, for whatever reason, then they have a problem.
Last edited by Lerian on Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:08 pm Now imagine the energy wasted on internet forums. :o
says the man with 28000 posts to this forum alone :dog:

Lerian wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:37 pm @pixel85 ok, if you think assuming and patronizing me makes you right, let me put it this way: how come, on the same computer with the same soundcard and the same latency, i can play in reaper and fl studio several instances of the same patch of omnisphere while in cubase even one instance goes in processing overload and pops and cracks like hell?
No, it can means only two thing:
1. You messed up something with Cubase because normally even on ancient computers you can run Cubase + omni without any issue.
2. Something is messed up with your installation of Cubase or settings

I could run many Omni instances in Cubase over 10 years ago on a cheap PC.
Could be because of poor code optimization? Useless encryption/decryption cycles to "copy protect" it on the expense of the legit users?. No, ofc not, i just don't know anything about coding.
Yeah, Cubase is using 100% CPU to check copy protection 44.1 thousand times per second :D
Oh, and "32bit plugins are no longer supported"? I mean, for real? Its that hard for you to code a bridge? Sure, I'm clueless about coding. How dare I!
You're still using 32bit plugins? Why not complaining that Cubase can't run DX plugins anymore? Seriously...
Ofc the 64k demo is a relevant example. A relevant example of good and tight CODING.
Yes. It's a very tight code of DAW... oh wait. It isn't. But who cares, right? Programming DAW, programming animations, sprites, OS or games, programming in C++, BASIC or assembler - it's all the same thing!
Nah, you're definitely an experienced programmer. You know it all so well.

Ok, enough talking from my side. Enjoy your time in Reaper and FL.

Lerian wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:48 pm I remember when cubase went the dongle way, many legit users used cracked versions because they were twice as fast as the official release.

Cubase always used dongle.
Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 17.01.04.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JamminFool wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:40 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:08 pm Now imagine the energy wasted on internet forums. :o
says the man with 28000 posts to this forum alone :dog:
So what? If it's there, you take it. :)

Now imagine you didn't reply to my post, and got personal, and all that, at all. We could easily save the planet that way. :P

The electrical power usage of Bitcoin just surpassed Norway.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

pixel85 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:32 pm ...
Its clear now that you really are set on a path and no facts in this world can move you. You somehow think that i like to spam forums with stupid ideas. Or bash steinberg because im a fanboy of some competing product. Well, what can i say other than "It's just your opinion, man".

Anyway, some people know exactly what i'm talking about. It's not really rocket science to test the validity of it. Some, ofc, don't know. Others prefer to use the "ooo its computing maan, too complicated for you to understand" veil of smoke to hush questioners away. If it works out for you then why not. Go ahead :tu:

PS: Personally I don't care which daw i use. I can use them all to do what i do, i just prefer some for how they don't get in the way of my creativity. That being said, i've reached my word limit for this thread. Over and out.

I'm trying hard to resist that cpu spikes in Cubase. Things I do usually is to stop most network activities (my PC is connected to a mesh system by network cable). As I'm noticing that network activities reflect on Cubase CPU measure!

This is not happening with other DAWs in my system like Studio One for example. But I hope that Steinberg does something about optimizing the CPU in a future update, otherwise, I still have S1 Artist version which is ready to use ;) But to be honest, I prefer to stay with Cubase, so that I'm keep trying to optimize my PC and be patient.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”