FXpansion’s BFD Acquired by inMusic

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BFD 3 BFD Eco

Hi Drew,

Can a previously registered version of "Zildjian Digital Vault, Vol. 1 (it's in my account on FXPansion; the registration number does appear in FXPansion's License Manager) be registered in the BFD Drum License Manager? I'm somewhat hesitant to try this as I would like to make sure that it doesn't just entirely disappear.

Thanks!

Dan
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

I have that, it's authorized in BFD Drums LM and available

everything is going to install and authorize except the applications BFD1 and 2.

Hi jancivil,

Thanks for the reply. Did you just enter the registration code directly when you registered it in BFD Drums license manager? (It did not show up for me after the migration).

Also, I don't really want to register BFD1 or 2 applications in BFD Drums License Manager, but I do want to use the BFD1 and 2 samples (grooves would be nice as well, but not as much of an issue for me). Did you manage that somehow?

Again, thanks for the comment!

Dan

My Manu Katche Snare Drum shows up as missing a license. Amberience, can you guys look into this please?

dlandis wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:08 pm Hi jancivil,

Thanks for the reply. Did you just enter the registration code directly when you registered it in BFD Drums license manager? (It did not show up for me after the migration).

Also, I don't really want to register BFD1 or 2 applications in BFD Drums License Manager, but I do want to use the BFD1 and 2 samples (grooves would be nice as well, but not as much of an issue for me). Did you manage that somehow?

Dan
No, I did none of that, it was automatic here. They were all authorized prior to the update. The 'lock' stuff indicates the extant licenses, is why. This could be why not having this keychain bidness is not optional.
I got my copy of London Sessions a while back. I don't recall a lot from the BFD1 days, one add-on, a Slingerland hihat with 'sweet' in the name.

Sorry everyone, it's taking a little longer than anticipated to get the BFD1+BFD2 library situation resolved. We should have something soon.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Amberience wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:52 am
morelia wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:41 am
Amberience wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:55 am @morelia

If you look at your inMusic Profile account in a web browser, do you see Horsepower in your list of products?
Yes it is there.

Date of purchase: 04/20/2021
Purchase location: Not available
Date of registration: 04/20/2021
If you're trying to run it in BFD3.3 it will not work. Packs going forward are only compatible with BFD3.4. It seemed like from a previous post you had rolled back to 3.3 ???
Thanks, looks like that was it.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Every time I open Live 11, Studio One 5 or Nuendo 11 I have to enter my password to alway allow the chain, also happens when I add BFD to a project. Usually this only needs to be done once from my previous experiences but BFD needs it constantly, it’s irritating!

Is this a bug?
I’m on on Big Sur so I wouldn’t be surprised...

simmo75 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:53 pm Every time I open Live 11, Studio One 5 or Nuendo 11 I have to enter my password to alway allow the chain, also happens when I add BFD to a project. Usually this only needs to be done once from my previous experiences but BFD needs it constantly, it’s irritating!

Is this a bug?
It's not a bug, but is really less than ideal. Our devs are looking into addressing it.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Amberience wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:59 pm
simmo75 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:53 pm Every time I open Live 11, Studio One 5 or Nuendo 11 I have to enter my password to alway allow the chain, also happens when I add BFD to a project. Usually this only needs to be done once from my previous experiences but BFD needs it constantly, it’s irritating!

Is this a bug?
It's not a bug, but is really less than ideal. Our devs are looking into addressing it.
Excellent move by your devs!
What a ball ache.

Logic 15.1 user here. Same issue. Except that sometimes it asks for the keychain access at the start of opening Logic, prior to even opening BFD as a plugin. And I've never been able to get BFD to authorize.

To be honest, I got so annoyed that I time machined my computer back to the last moment prior to installing BFD software. Maybe I'll try reinstalling it in a month or so if you guys change the licensing procedure, but the hassle is really real for me.

And like other users here, I have literally never had to give access to a keychain before--for any plugin. BFD's demand is unfortunate and anomalous. I really hope it is changed so I can try out BFD more in the future.
Amberience wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:59 pm

Is this a bug?
Why'd you slice off my hand?

Hi jancivil,

So, judging from what you say, it would appear that I represent a third experience with Zildjian Digital Vault Vol.1: the first individual who has an unregistered version, your experience where it transferred seamlessly, and my issue with being registered on the FXP site, but not having it show up in either FXP's or BFD Drums' License Manager. I do have, however, the original CD's and serial number.

So, if I may ask: does your serial number begin with "ZLZP1"? If yours does have this, I may have a chance of my copy registering with BFD Drums' LM; if not, I may be up a creek. I am understandably hesitant to attempt registration otherwise.

Of course, I still have/had the issues that Drew is trying to address with the BFD1/2 sounds and FXP's License Manager blitzing BFD Drums' BFD 3.4 off my computer and setting its own version of BFD 3.3.1.33 in its place; I kind of assume that a re-update of BFD Drums' BFD 3.4 may straighten that out, though I'm a bit leery of that as well.

"Fun, fun, fun, 'til Daddy takes the T-Bird away".

Dan
jancivil wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:03 am
dlandis wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:08 pm Hi jancivil,

Dan
No, I did none of that, it was automatic here. They were all authorized prior to the update. The 'lock' stuff indicates the extant licenses, is why. This could be why not having this keychain bidness is not optional.
I got my copy of London Sessions a while back. I don't recall a lot from the BFD1 days, one add-on, a Slingerland hihat with 'sweet' in the name.

dlandis wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:19 pm Hi jancivil,

So, judging from what you say, it would appear that I represent a third experience with Zildjian Digital Vault Vol.1: the first individual who has an unregistered version, your experience where it transferred seamlessly, and my issue with being registered on the FXP site, but not having it show up in either FXP's or BFD Drums' License Manager. I do have, however, the original CD's and serial number.

So, if I may ask: does your serial number begin with "ZLZP1"? If yours does have this, I may have a chance of my copy registering with BFD Drums' LM; if not, I may be up a creek. I am understandably hesitant to attempt registration otherwise.
No, it starts with BF. All of mine do.

Except for the applications, it's all removed from fxpansion today

That's what I was afraid of. Maybe Drew will have an answer.

I can hope, right?

Dan
jancivil wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:34 pm
dlandis wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:19 pm Hi jancivil,

No, it starts with BF. All of mine do.

Return to “Instruments”