Dmitry Sches Diversion 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diversion

"sorry, wrong thread." I thought this was for Diversion 1. I'll make a new thread. I can't find a delete post button. :?:

I'm trying to install the Trial from pluginboutique, but the VST isn't showing up in my Ableton 10 plugin's. Is this a known issue? I tried unintalling, reinstalling, etc...no luck.

Diversion < Thorn

Russell Grand wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:42 am Diversion < Thorn
It would to have the best of both combined into a new version of Diversion.

I wonder what makes you think that way cause Diversion is a beast compared to it's little brother.

Examigan wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:25 pm
It would to have the best of both combined into a new version of Diversion.
That would be awesome! :hyper:

fanodu1 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:18 am
I wonder what makes you think that way cause Diversion is a beast compared to it's little brother.
For one thing, Thorn is much easier on my CPU. Diversion is ridiculous in that department.
Also, I simply prefer the workflow, GUI design, and the sound of Thorn. :D

skaibluemusic wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:55 am "sorry, wrong thread." I thought this was for Diversion 1. I'll make a new thread. I can't find a delete post button. :?:

I'm trying to install the Trial from pluginboutique, but the VST isn't showing up in my Ableton 10 plugin's. Is this a known issue? I tried unintalling, reinstalling, etc...no luck.
Did you try renaming it, that always works for me
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Just got it, what a BEAST :borg: :tu:

I wouldn't say they're "brothers", they use completely different synthesis techniques, spectral synthesis vs morphing wavetables. No doubt Diversion has more options but I prefer the sound of Thorn.

Calenberger wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:17 pm Just got it, what a BEAST :borg: :tu:
V2? :lol:

I'm finally happy with my vst instrument arsenal, however I'm keeping a spot open for Diversion 2. Hoping one of you out there might be willing to break any potential NDA on whether it's in the works and could drop a hint.

Like said in the Thorn thread a gui update for Diversion in itself would be great to see too.

They aren't really brothers since they use different synthesis methods. More like distant cousins... :)

Can't believe it's been 4 years since I posted about it in this thread... time flies.

👍🏼

I got the following message from Dmitry back in February:

"I'm doing great and work on Tantra 2 is almost finished, it should have been released few months ago but I decided to significantly improve UI and that shifted the release. I think I'll make it ready in two months or something and eventually get done. As well I have a new cool synth cooking, soon I'll resume work on it and hope to finish this year".

I haven't heard anything about Diversion 2 which is a shame as it's a great synth but the CPU demand makes it hard to use. A "new cool synth" sounds interesting.

So Tantra 2 may be coming sometime soon as it's been two months..... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”