Softube Model 84 (Juno 106)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Model 84 Polyphonic Synthesizer

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:36 pm It's amazing to me how much time some people spend posting about synths they claim to have no interest in [due to the simplicity]. Do you think they're getting paid off by these companies? "Hey Bonesy...we'll give you a bunch of NFR's if you drive engagement on KVR by talking about how stupid we are for releasing such a simple synth or whatever. Gets the post count way up and more eyeballs on the ads!"

Otherwise, it'll never make any sense why someone would bother. It's like constantly calling your ex to say you're over them and don't care anymore. Uh...no, if you REALLY didn't care, you wouldn't be engaging.
You're looking for a logical explanation where there simply isn't one.

He's a narcissist, plain and simple. He must assert his opinion, and its superiority over all others, anywhere and everywhere, and the more places, the better for the needs of his out-of-control ego.
It's why he shows up in threads about synths he "doesn't care at all about" and then posts endlessly, stokes fires deliberately, never misses an opportunity to reply to anyone who disagrees with him (which of course will be many, and he knows this from the start). The entire focus is redirected away from the content of the thread and back to the individual, and he wins again. What he wins, of course, is nothing of any value: just more attention, more people looking at his statements, more people arguing and shouting and him knowing, "I did this, this is about me." And yeah, I'm playing into it by writing this, of course....

Cue now the usual enabling/gaslighting trolls who will say "jeeeez, just skip the posts if you don't like them, YOU are actually the problem for not just ignoring him and moving on." They do that, I'd guess, because they also like to feel superior to everyone else; they understand the master-narcissist's tactics and silently approve of them. So it's not the fault of the guy who persistently shows up to make everything about him; it's the fault of everyone else around him. Classy.

Anyway, carry on.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:36 pm "Hey Bonesy...we'll give you a bunch of NFR's if you drive engagement on KVR by talking about how stupid we are for releasing such a simple synth or whatever. Gets the post count way up and more eyeballs on the ads!"
That's an interesting theory. :hihi:

penfever wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:30 am ANOTHER FREAKING JUNO?

We have Roland's Juno. We have Arturia's Juno. We have Diva. Cherry Audio. TAL. Syntronik. UVI. Plus about a thousand other synths that kinda sorta want to be a Juno.

VST devs, please, please, PLEASE ... get off the bandwagon. It is so very far PAST being full. No more Juno whatever, no more Jupiters (unless it's a Jup-6, which STILL hasn't been emulated well by ANYONE, which shows you how narrow-minded all of this is). No more Obies either. JUST STOP. IT IS DEAD. THE HORSE IS DEAD. STOP. BEATING. THE. HORSE.
Well, I have all of these with the exception of Cherry. Syntronik and UVI are really romplers vs emulations.

For me... as a songwriter / producer, I'm less inclined to tweak knobs and sound design during the creative phase. I can say that if Roland Juno / Cloud (in general) was at all stable and load consistently without crashing on Logic, I'd be thrilled. I've never caught on with Arturia's version. TAL and Diva are each lovely, but it's not always inspirational out of the gate. So I find the Softube Model 84 having bags of character, much like the Model 72. It's one of the few soft synths that consistently sound like an outboard synth to me. (i.e my OB-6 module -- I can play that thing for hours and find inspiration.)

It doesn't mean that any of these won't sound great in the mix, and maybe that's your point. But like I said for the creative process, I'll take this most recent crop of VST and run with it. I'm sure the others will continue to up their game.

tbh, I don't think I would pay 99£$€ for the original hardware....

AnX wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:05 pm tbh, I don't think I would pay 99£$€ for the original hardware....
Great!
On your bike then!

don't have one

AnX wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:09 pmdon't have one
Like your personality...

How does this guy not get banned?!

He basically made a racist comment on another thread, the thread regarding Shock G’s unfortunate death and the Rest In Peace thread has now been removed...

I bet he wouldn’t have made a bling comment on Rest In Peace thread, if it was a middle aged white artist.

Sorry for previous post guys, I don’t want to derail the thread, I just can’t stand arrogant racists.

I was half expecting to try the demo and then post something in defense of simple, classic synths. I really like the SH-101 for instance. I had a lot of fun with a Yamaha Reface CS. I dug the Microbrute. I coveted my friend's Poly-800 back in the day when I had a Korg DS-8.

But... honestly this one doesn't thrill me. I admit I often get all the various Jupiter, Juno and JX synths confused with each other because I've never actually owned any Roland stuff or emulations (aside from LuSH-101 and briefly, an SH01A). But trying this was a reminder than the Jupiter 8 is the one I actually like.

simmo75 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:41 pm
He basically made a racist comment on another thread...
proof please....

foosnark wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:15 pmI really like the SH-101 for instance.
its the best synth in the world, ever made

no, im not joking.

simmo75 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:41 pm
I bet he wouldn’t have made a bling comment on Rest In Peace thread, if it was a middle aged white artist.

OK so I downloaded the trial version. I know its kinda not the general consensus here but this isn't exciting to me at all. Not to mention their preset browser is terrible and on the Mac the scrolling direction is f'ed up.

rezoneight wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:12 pm OK so I downloaded the trial version. I know its kinda not the general consensus here but this isn't exciting to me at all. Not to mention their preset browser is terrible and on the Mac the scrolling direction is f'ed up.
The GUI and implantation are not the strong points of this emulation.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:19 pm
rezoneight wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:12 pm OK so I downloaded the trial version. I know its kinda not the general consensus here but this isn't exciting to me at all. Not to mention their preset browser is terrible and on the Mac the scrolling direction is f'ed up.
The GUI and implantation are not the strong points of this emulation.
That is the thing with all of softube. Good sound, terrible UX.

Return to “Instruments”