FL Studio 20.9 Beta

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks, unfortunately, it is probably not what I was expecting.

@Trancit: Excellent videos. Thank you for your time and effort. :)

Regarding Playlist tracks selector, one small wish/improvement could be to simply drag and move multiple selected tracks instead of having to use menu option move up/down. Hopefully it should be possible and that's what other DAWs do, too.

RobinWood wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:03 pm
Spencer Maddox wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:52 pm I actually love that. I can reasonably use it now. It's a fun little basic subtractive to make basic sounds with, but that alias used to kill the deal for me.
Quite the opposit here. I loved how the saw aliased and didn't sound clean and boring :D Followed by chorus etc. that gave it grip.
Well good news! You can still go to the old engine. They have the old engine and an "HQ" engine. The HQ is the AntiAlais. Alais can sound cool sometimes if used right so I'm glad they kept it as the side. Def will be using the HQ more however.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:18 am @Trancit: Excellent videos. Thank you for your time and effort. :)
Thank you!! :tu:
Regarding Playlist tracks selector, one small wish/improvement could be to simply drag and move multiple selected tracks instead of having to use menu option move up/down. Hopefully it should be possible and that's what other DAWs do, too.
Not exactly what you asked for but very similar... a little goodie for you:

https://youtu.be/UEQaXRD9NY4

Thank you @Trancit, but yes ,I do know about that. Just that I forgot when I typed the above comment. Thanks for taking the time to create the video. :)

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:21 pm Thank you @Trancit, but yes ,I do know about that. Just that I forgot when I typed the above comment. Thanks for taking the time to create the video. :)
8 seconds isn´t that much... :hihi:
Last edited by Trancit on Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I wonder if they will ever do anything about the rather weird font choices (some of them remined my of my early Amiga days!), skinning is coming!

''We are developing Themes for FL Studio 21. You can follow development here in the User Forums''.
https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... 0&t=245191
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

^^^ I think it comes from historical reason :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IefMXZrVYI
part of the fun
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

He feels sorry for people who had to use these old programs!...I started recording with tape (Fostek X26) and a cheetah MQ8 midi sequencer! We used to dream of software like that ;-)

The skinning being added sounds pretty awesome -

''Every window and window element can be separately themed. If its a knob or slider it will likely be replaceable. This is not being done in half measures''
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I am not so into theming and I love the looks and esthetics of FLS but I really like the direction the new development is heading to...

For me it feels that years of waiting for bigger changes finally are starting to pay off and it´s really nice to see FL Studio getting more and more powerful especially in terms of workflow...

Selectable playlist tracks and the new Automation clip editor are the absolute highlights for me...
They are still working on duplicating Audio/Instrument tracks which will be the next biggie for me as well as per clip volume envelopes for custom fades

Trancit wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:13 pm I am not so into theming and I love the looks and esthetics of FLS but I really like the direction the new development is heading to...

For me it feels that years of waiting for bigger changes finally are starting to pay off and it´s really nice to see FL Studio getting more and more powerful especially in terms of workflow...

Selectable playlist tracks and the new Automation clip editor are the absolute highlights for me...
They are still working on duplicating Audio/Instrument tracks which will be the next biggie for me as well as per clip volume envelopes for custom fades
i just want to see that you can select parts of an audio clip and do sth with it (reverse pitch) without chopping it first and making it unique. That would boost my workflow quite some bit. Also selecting multiple points in an automation clip would be quite nice...

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:02 am
Thanks, unfortunately, it is probably not what I was expecting.
Yeh, its a bit weird that 3 OSC can't just be dropped in Patcher (something to do with the way it was coded using core FL code) but you can drop in just about everything else!

I have read below may work (but never tried it)

Add a new channel instance of 3xOSC
Link that channel to and empty mixer insert
Load the effect version of patcher into that mixer insert

IL are killing it with the lifetime free updates.

Proper Undo was one of those things I really missed in FL. The lack of undo might have been acceptable in 1997, but it felt really archaic and primitive in 2021. Another relic from the 90's that I'd really like to see improved/replaced is the horrendous Event Editor. I know you can just convert the automation to an automation clip, but sometimes it would be nice to be able to edit automation data inside a MIDI clip, without rage-quitting out of frustration. They could always keep the old Event Editor around as an option for masochists.

Another thing that would be nice are "ghost notes" from other patterns in the playlist rather than just from the current pattern, as well as more coloring option for the piano roll notes, to make the FL piano roll more intuitive and competitive with other DAWs.

I always get a bit jelaous when I see videos of those old versions with the Pattern Blocks <3

No, not at all...
I don't shed a tear for them! 8)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”