Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just downloaded and installed Lion 1.3.0 on Windows 10 from the Plugin Alliance downloader and now I can no longer modulate anything.

I see the line when holding down the mouse but it does not connect to the modulation ports. If I open one of my presets I see the connections and everything is being modulated properly, but the modulation disappears once I try to edit them.

I tried in Bitwig and Studio One.

Anyone else having this issue?

stefangx wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:27 am I just downloaded and installed Lion 1.3.0 on Windows 10 from the Plugin Alliance downloader and now I can no longer modulate anything.

I see the line when holding down the mouse but it does not connect to the modulation ports. If I open one of my presets I see the connections and everything is being modulated properly, but the modulation disappears once I try to edit them.

It's working fine here in Bitwig, but I'm on Mac.

stefangx wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:27 am I just downloaded and installed Lion 1.3.0 on Windows 10 from the Plugin Alliance downloader and now I can no longer modulate anything.

I'm having the same problem with Win10 and Reaper. The cable won't recognize the modulation port. It randomly tries to snap to a random port when I wave the mouse around.

Lion 1.3.0 VST3 working fine here too on both Bitwig and Reaper (Win10 x64 1440p with no DPI scaling)

Cannot reproduce in REAPER in Win 10 but I believe everyone that can't. Resizing larger makes no difference?

On that note, I'm glad they added MTS-ESP tuning.

same problem here, it seems perhaps related to the graphics card, reaper/bitwig. no openGL. and LION, unfiltered audio dropped openGL. so it is dificult on new laptops to force it the dedicated graphics card. it tried it, didn't work. i must know it, but o well.

my desktop, the IGP is disabled, so i can test it there, but if it has the same problem, i don't the older version anymore!

in maschine the same problem. i don't have ableton live 11 suite and cubase pro 11 installed on my laptop anymore, so i can check those. also reason 11 suite, will give the same problem, i guess, still installed.

so the question: is it related to the graphics card (it can...), or what is it? but big problem....

EDIT: win 10, 20H2, intel i7-9750H, nvidia gtx 1050 4gb.

EDIT: i see now that there are in some case, 2 different cases... random snapping, or no connection a all..

EDIT 3...: i mean IGP related perhaps???
Last edited by WasteLand on Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

No problem here snapping works fine WIn10 20h2, AMD rx480 Intel i5, Ableton 11.

I just tried in Ableton 10 with the plugin Auto Scaling setting on and off but it was still an issue for me.

My CPU is an i7-8750H, and my video card is an NVIDIA 1050 TI. My Windows version is 10.0.19041. Resolution is 3440x1440. Usually, I have the scaling set at 125%, but I also tried 100%.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not able to reproduce it on my Windows computer with an NVIDIA card, but I have some ideas as to what can cause this.

stefangx, I'm also using a 3440x1440 monitor. When you switch to 100% desktop scaling, did you close Ableton and reopen it?

Hi Michael, thanks for looking into the issue.

For Ableton I did the following:
* Added VST3 Version of LION
* Right Clicked on the LION Device and unchecked Auto-Scale Plug-In Window
* Restarted Live
* Added VST3 Version of LION
* Confirmed Auto-Scale Plug-in Window is off
* Confirmed that the issue is still there

I just retried the steps above and I still have the same issue.

LION does not work for me on Ableton 10, Bitwig 3.3.6, and Studio One 5.2. I also tried all 3 with native windows scaling set to 100% through the Display settings on both a 3440x1440 monitor attached to the laptop and also on 4K laptop screen without the monitor attached. My normal setup is a Thinkpad with a 4K display with a 3440x1440 monitor attached.

I hope that helps.

Yes, thank you! One other question... "both a 3440x1440 monitor attached to the laptop and also on 4K laptop screen without the monitor attached" When the behavior occurs, is the 4k laptop screen disabled (i.e. the lid is closed), or are both screens "active" simultaneously?

is it possible, that it only happens on quite modern laptops? (because, i must search for the correct technical, term, unlike older laptops, you could really switch between graphic cards, i.e. IGP/dedicated, now they always work in tandem. some laptops can still do it. but even a desktop 'replacement' laptop i have, can't... i think..)

EDIT: i didn't tried it yet on my desktop, because i don't have an older version (i.e. the installer, because of course all is down via the PA installer), in need LION, in my studio....

I'm thinking no... I'm running a high-spec Alienware laptop from 2018 or 2019 with an NVIDIA card.

thelizard wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:52 pm I'm thinking no... I'm running a high-spec Alienware laptop from 2018 or 2019 with an NVIDIA card.
ok, i already mentioned it. i have a i7-9750H, 16gb, gtx1050 4gb for my laptop. newer laptops, seem to, even if you force it (via windows 10 settings), still use the IGP, except when openGL is used, that can be forced. but the dedicated GPU, you can't force the laptop to work only with dedicated GPU, and i see, google-research..., that it is a real problem, i.e. confirmed. etc.

i have found an article, that i can't retrieve now, which states a technical term, that even i can understand (muxer/demuxer, something like that.. yes! my laptop seems muxless...

quote: " If you put a mux in the laptop, you can either use the dedicated GPU (disabling the integrated GPU and hooking the dedicated GPU directly to the internal display), or you can use just the integrated GPU (disabling the dedicated GPU), or you can use the muxless technique where the dedicated GPU renders an image which is copied to the integrated GPU for display."

muxless is cheaper...

i don't know if this is related, as i said, don't dare to try it on my desktop (i7-6700K/32gb/1060 6gb, iGP disabled in BIOS), because i am working with LION this week..

thelizard wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:41 pm Yes, thank you! One other question... "both a 3440x1440 monitor attached to the laptop and also on 4K laptop screen without the monitor attached" When the behavior occurs, is the 4k laptop screen disabled (i.e. the lid is closed), or are both screens "active" simultaneously?
The laptop screen is open, but I also tried without the monitor attached on the 4K laptop screen with Windows 10 display scaling set to 250% (my default on the laptop) and scaling set to 100%

Return to “Instruments”