Softube Model 84 (Juno 106)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Model 84 Polyphonic Synthesizer

dvnation wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:03 pm
canadian_moose wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:24 am Softube support replied to me about the blurry GUI.

If you are on Mac you should be ok.

For windows users, they are working on it apparently. So it will be fixed just we don’t know when.
It's not ok on Mac. I have it installed on a mac with BigSur and one on Catalina. Both are blurry. The one on BigSur retains its size though.
I can only tell you what Softube support replied to me. Sorry, that's what they said.

"Resizing of the plugin window (GUI) is a welcome feature since version 2.5.13 of our plugins. This is highly useful on high resolutions screens. However, under Windows, text and graphics may become blurry when sizing up.

This has to do with the “HiDPI” stuff in the operating system. At the moment we are using non-retina images on Windows, so when they scale up they get more blurry than Mac, which uses the retina images. This is a known issue and we are working on it."

e-crooner wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:50 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:38 pm Public service announcement; I keep seeing people mention this is $99 but there is the POLYPHONICICON coupon that brings it down to $79.
Better, but still, 79 bucks for such a simple synth? I don't think I could justify that when so many people are suffering these days.
I bought it because it has the modules and the chorus for Amp Room. It was the modules that sold it more than the Amp Roomadd-on. I need another emulation like I need a hole in my head, but having the mix+match thing going on with modular is a heap of fun. I would say that for the Minimoog emulation, the filter with envelope follower add-on of Amp Room certainly was a better selling point than the Model 84 chorus.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Bought this - fantastic! Clear detailed gui screen on my PC (ninth gen i7/AMD 5700XT graphics)

C-note wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:33 pm Bought this - fantastic! Clear detailed gui screen on my PC (ninth gen i7/AMD 5700XT graphics)
Even when you resize it?

If so I would love to know what you are doing / setting differently as resizing the plug-in just makes it look like you are zooming in on a fixed resolution picture. There is no scaling happening at all.

Ableton 11
AMD 3700x
Nvidia Titan Xp
Native resolution monitor 2560x1440

canadian_moose wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:04 pm I can only tell you what Softube support replied to me. Sorry, that's what they said.

"Resizing of the plugin window (GUI) is a welcome feature since version 2.5.13 of our plugins. This is highly useful on high resolutions screens. However, under Windows, text and graphics may become blurry when sizing up.

This has to do with the “HiDPI” stuff in the operating system. At the moment we are using non-retina images on Windows, so when they scale up they get more blurry than Mac, which uses the retina images. This is a known issue and we are working on it."
Well then, I'm on a retina MacBook, using an external non-retina display so I'm guessing I'm seeing the non-retina graphics, hence the blurriness. But looks like the graphics stay sharp when using the macbook's display.

Does it have effects other than the chorus?

Chrisk-K wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:23 am Does it have effects other than the chorus?
Nope.

Chrisk-K wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:23 am Does it have effects other than the chorus?
No, but what a chorus effect it is. I’m glad they didn’t add anything else. You can always add more effects anyway.

I'm on mac and mine gets blurry as soon as it's scaled above default size. I would love it if that could be fixed, otherwise I'm very happy.

Bugger it! I finally caved in and bought it, even though I know I'll run out of uses for it in a week. I was just messing about with it and made this really cool bass patch. I tried to recreate it in DCO-106 but I couldn't get close. It's like a slap bass with resonance, nice and punchy with real depth. I think the difference is in the Unison implementation but it's not the kind of sound I'd ever have expected to get out of Model 84, which is all the push I needed, really.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:56 am Bugger it! I finally caved in and bought it, even though I know I'll run out of uses for it in a week. I was just messing about with it and made this really cool bass patch. I tried to recreate it in DCO-106 but I couldn't get close. It's like a slap bass with resonance, nice and punchy with real depth. I think the difference is in the Unison implementation but it's not the kind of sound I'd ever have expected to get out of Model 84, which is all the push I needed, really.
LOL!

ghettosynth wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:29 pm
BONES wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:56 am Bugger it! I finally caved in and bought it, even though I know I'll run out of uses for it in a week. I was just messing about with it and made this really cool bass patch. I tried to recreate it in DCO-106 but I couldn't get close. It's like a slap bass with resonance, nice and punchy with real depth. I think the difference is in the Unison implementation but it's not the kind of sound I'd ever have expected to get out of Model 84, which is all the push I needed, really.
LOL!
😂

One wonders why someone would spend so much time complaining and making grand pronouncements about how lame something is and how everyone who wants to use it must be stupid then not only going out and buying it but also admitting it to the people they just spent so much time arguing with and calling names. So weird but I guess this is the internet.

BONES wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:56 am Bugger it! I finally caved in and bought it...
you mug

Told you so... :hihi:

Have an audio of your bass? Just a few notes...

Return to “Instruments”