Synapse Audio OBSESSION is now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Obsession

great. i am f**king lusting over this piece now, and have a birthday coming up soon. here we go again. :roll:

does it do higher audio rates? i just need to know if it does higher audio rates.

ps: DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT EDM CROWD!!!

vitocorleone123 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:56 am Experimenting. Trying Obsession oversampled 2x and 4x (in a 48khz project) in Metasynth. It definitely changes the sound, especially the release tails. I'm guessing a project sample rate would have the same effect. 4x sorta eats some CPU - at least Diva quantity, if not more. 2x is pretty nice, though, in CPU (9900k).

answered.

Dasheesh wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:04 pm great. i am f**king lusting over this piece now, and have a birthday coming up soon. here we go again. :roll:

does it do higher audio rates? i just need to know if it does higher audio rates.

This is one of favorites atm. It's fun to program, but its the sound that got me. I'm not sure about the audio-rate question. Will look into that after work.

mcnoone wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:08 pm
Dasheesh wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:04 pm great. i am f**king lusting over this piece now, and have a birthday coming up soon. here we go again. :roll:

This is one of favorites atm. It's fun to program, but its the sound that got me. I'm not sure about the audio-rate question. Will look into that after work.
Yea, fun synth sounds great also...

Hi,

i did not post here at KVR since a while due to certain reasons and no the reason was not an infection with Covid-19. I also took a break from doing sound design and might slowly be back at it soon.
Anyway the new job i started recently (which is not related to music and sound design) has a high priority for me at the moment.

After it was a bit quiet concerning OBSession for a while, which FWIW is still one of my favorite synths, finally a new update is currently work in progress.
This will include a few new features where i guess i am not allowed to talk about details at the moment.
With those features OBsession will be even more fun than it alraedy is with the current official version v1.03.
AFAIK it should not take very long from now on until the new update is avaiable.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:50 pm Hi,

i did not post here at KVR since a while due to certain reasons and no the reason was not an infection with Covid-19. I also took a break from doing sound design and might slowly be back at it soon.
Anyway the new job i started recently (which is not related to music and sound design) has a high priority for me at the moment.

After it was a bit quiet concerning OBSession for a while, which FWIW is still one of my favorite synths, finally a new update is currently work in progress.
This will include a few new features where i guess i am not allowed to talk about details at the moment.
With those features OBsession will be even more fun than it alraedy is with the current official version v1.03.
AFAIK it should not take very long from now on until the new update is avaiable.
This is great to hear! Will there be VST3 support? (if you can say)

it is not permitted to mention anything regarding betas, but im sure it won't stop him....he's only been back a day and already blabbing on a public forum :roll:

seems he has trouble understanding what a private beta means
What i can say is....
nothing, keep your fuckin mouth shut :roll:
Last edited by AnX on Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

canadian_moose wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:18 pm This is great to hear! Will there be VST3 support? (if you can say)
I just wanted to mention that there will be an update (and a nice one IMHO...) but i don't want to talk about details at the moment (and am also not really allowed to do that).

What i can say is that this will add new features to the synth and/or improves existing features.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

thanks for the heads up ingonator. i was half expecting it, at least hoping something would come with an update. if memory serves, i seem to remember you from old Waldorf board days.

Ingo just stop....:bang:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I am curios what they will add without changing the emulation concept too much. The shimmer reverb was already a bit courageous, cool though :hihi:

Great news Ingo, thanks for sharing.

Love Obsession.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

AnX wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:25 pm it is not permitted to mention anything regarding betas, but im sure it won't stop him....he's only been back a day and already blabbing on a public forum :roll:

seems he has trouble understanding what a private beta means
Richard was on here weeks ago mentioning he was working on an update. Not sure there's actually been any new information disclosed. And if Richard has a problem with Ingo, I'm sure Richard can address it with Ingo. Both parties are adults.

Richard probably doesn't have time to monitor everyone's forum activity. I guess he trusts them to act like adults.

If Richard wants to announce something that's different. Everybody else should just STFU.

No one is impressed because you know something they don't but can't tell them what it is. That just comes off as braggadocio and pretentious.

All that does is lead to speculation and setting people up for disappointment if they think the feature they want is going to be added and isn't

Just let the update drop when it's ready and let it speak for itself.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Hope the update involves less switching between the front and back of the interface - fingers crossed!
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Return to “Instruments”