T-RackS Space Delay Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SLiC wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:51 pm Always tempting to pick up these cheap little deals and cherry pick off the stuff you want....does T Racks let you hide the stuff you don’t own or is it still that horrible install and show everything model?
No, they’re f**kers for that... you have to install EVERYTHING and manually delete what you don’t want.

simmo75 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:55 pm
SLiC wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:51 pm Always tempting to pick up these cheap little deals and cherry pick off the stuff you want....does T Racks let you hide the stuff you don’t own or is it still that horrible install and show everything model?
No, they’re f**kers for that... you have to install EVERYTHING and manually delete what you don’t want.
Just buy everything :). Problem solved.

Joking aside, that’s pretty much what I will do..wait for MAX 3 to go on sale (they ended up selling off 2 super cheap)...it’s cheaper to wait for MAX to go on sale and just get the lot for bargain bucket prices!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Nice plan, but you'll find that when MAX is discounted there are new releases (not included in MAX) that can still be installed and clutter the list :tu:

Yeh, there is that...but by then they may have updated T Racks like Amplitube where at least we now have a ‘hide not owned’ feature!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

If they do that then I hope someone PMs me. Until then I've deleted the 5 TRacks I've paid for and all the demos I haven't paid for. Moving on, nothing is irreplaceable and I got all of them in sales. Can't be bothered with their crap any more.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Does the real RE-201 saturate as much as Space Delay when its input level is equal to the output level of the instrument? With Space Delay I have to turn down the input (from default 5 down to 2) if I don't want the repeats to sound saturated. Of course then I have to compensate its output level considerably, but Space Delay doesn't seem to have an output level control.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:33 am Does the real RE-201 saturate as much as Space Delay when its input level is equal to the output level of the instrument? With Space Delay I have to turn down the input (from default 5 down to 2) if I don't want the repeats to sound saturated. Of course then I have to compensate its output level considerably, but Space Delay doesn't seem to have an output level control.
So I made the dumb mistake of buying Space Delay without demoing it. Figured "hey, for $18 there's no way it won't be worth it, their Tapes are excellent." Boy was I wrong! This thing distorts so stupidly much it's not worth bothering with as an insert, and I don't record crazy hot. Yeah, I found I can drive down the input knob like you did, but there's no way to compensate properly. This probably works fine as a send at 100% wet, but I'm not liking how this is calibrated at all. It's not the first T-Racks I've used with this issue, their Neve's are also overly saturated IMO, but I thought they were passed that.

Anyway, lesson learned. Even if it's cheap and the company has been putting out some good products, don't buy.

BTW, Audio Thing's OuterSpace does everything this does and better. Was just hoping for an alternative, but instead I just got a product I like a lot less than the one I already had.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:16 am
Yeah, I found I can drive down the input knob like you did, but there's no way to compensate properly. This probably works fine as a send at 100% wet, but I'm not liking how this is calibrated at all.
Copy/paste myself from Gearspace:

You could use plugins like these:

https://plugins4free.com/plugin/2840/

Put one before and one after Space Delay. Use the one before as Input control. Then you directly know how much to turn the one after to compensate.
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:16 am Anyway, lesson learned. Even if it's cheap and the company has been putting out some good products, don't buy.
Try before you buy. :wink:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:16 am BTW, Audio Thing's OuterSpace does everything this does and better. Was just hoping for an alternative, but instead I just got a product I like a lot less than the one I already had.
Copy/paste myself from Gearspace:

About alternative Space Echo emulations, I already had Outer Space and for only 25% I couldn't pass up on Space Delay, so now I have two Space Echo emulations.

The way these plugins are at the moment* (without adding other plugins) I prefer to use Outer Space. It's much more user-friendly and flexible than Space Delay. But I like Space Delay with Tape Age at 10 more than Outer Space with its old tape. So I will use them both, but Outer Space probably be the one that I will load first unless I already know that I want it to sound really dirty.

And it's nice to have another spring reverb. The one from Space Delay is similar to the bright one from Outer Space. And when you use them alternating, on snares for example, you get more movement than you get when using just one of these spring reverbs.**

*Version 2.0 of Outer Space is planned, but might take quite a while. And does IK Multimedia really listen to user requests? In other words these two plugins probably won't be changed soon.

**Added an audio example. I also ran the drum loop through Space Delay for that lofi sound.
Last edited by Lotuz2019 on Tue May 04, 2021 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

But even the real Space Echo has an output level control. It's strange that IK forgot to add it.

Instead they could also have used a saturation knob like Replika XT instead of the Input knob.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:16 am their Neve's are also overly saturated IMO, but I thought they were passed that.
Actually I think the problem with the 1073/1081 is a bit different in that there is no real sweetspot - when you put it on vocals and set the input gain so that it has that sweet Neve sound, ocassional spikes may start distorting nastily and if you reduce the gain as much as you need to avoid these nasty spikes, you basically lose what's great about it, i.e. the range of sweet drive is too narrow - and I don't think the original is like that.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Outer Space seems much more elegant - I'm waiting for the next sale. AudioThing make good stuff.

Tempted for $25 but I think I might pickup another of the Tape Machine plugins instead.

They're different enough to get both. ;)

Especially weird that the gain-staging is too hot when for other parts of T-racks the common complaint is that the nominal levels are too high - e.g. a very high input is needed for the SSL channel compressors, you have to dime the input gain to get deep compression from the opto comp. But the tape delay won't clean up?!

They should really think about overhauling this across T-Racks; maybe provide a "reference level" dropdown on all the plugins with -18dB (mixing), -12dB (bus), -6dB (extra headroom), "Legacy" (backwards-compatible).

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:16 am
Lotuz2019 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:33 am Does the real RE-201 saturate as much as Space Delay when its input level is equal to the output level of the instrument? With Space Delay I have to turn down the input (from default 5 down to 2) if I don't want the repeats to sound saturated. Of course then I have to compensate its output level considerably, but Space Delay doesn't seem to have an output level control.
So I made the dumb mistake of buying Space Delay without demoing it. Figured "hey, for $18 there's no way it won't be worth it, their Tapes are excellent." Boy was I wrong! This thing distorts so stupidly much it's not worth bothering with as an insert, and I don't record crazy hot. Yeah, I found I can drive down the input knob like you did, but there's no way to compensate properly. This probably works fine as a send at 100% wet, but I'm not liking how this is calibrated at all. It's not the first T-Racks I've used with this issue, their Neve's are also overly saturated IMO, but I thought they were passed that.

Anyway, lesson learned. Even if it's cheap and the company has been putting out some good products, don't buy.

BTW, Audio Thing's OuterSpace does everything this does and better. Was just hoping for an alternative, but instead I just got a product I like a lot less than the one I already had.
Just wow. When i first time heard character of distortions in Space Delay i almost ready to go buy it for full price (later bought from hands for 60+). That really juice and lively nature of feedback character. Will not say about featureset (it's ok for me though), but by sound it's really cool.
But yes, many tastes 'n' try before buy.

Return to “Effects”