Finally the very good news from Steinberg!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Artist 13 Cubase Elements 13 Cubase Pro 13

When I deleted the Settings folder after a few months/years, Cubase suddenly started in a few seconds too ;) Whether CPU spikes or performance in general have something to do with the eLicenser? I don't know.
But in the end, the main problem is still that the license servers had massive problems when new versions were released. And that was the absolute worst case for Steinberg and a clear sign that the current system in this form will probably not have a long future.

Listen at 11:49. Then see how many instances of Buchla V you can open in.. pretty much any other daw.

https://youtu.be/aViHFOD2nac?t=709

Yeah man! S1 overall is better in performance. I just tested Arturia Buchla V (great synth, thanks for reminding me!) in both Cubase and S1, and it is slightly better in S1, but the difference is S1 is damn stable in my PC (using Presonus audio interface and of course Presonus ASIO driver, so I don't know if this is the reason, but I don't think so!).

Anyway, I'm waiting for the new system and see. Maybe the eLicenser code is to blame for such performance! Who knows! It is to be honest not bad, but the problem every time I see the performance meter dancing I feel distracted and expect a crackle soon!

Lerian wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:13 pm Some, ofc, don't know.
What's ofc; I assume not the Oceania Football Confederation, which was what google came up with.

Will their license transfer change because of this new system or does anyone know about that yet?

4damind wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:12 pm When I deleted the Settings folder after a few months/years, Cubase suddenly started in a few seconds too ;) Whether CPU spikes or performance in general have something to do with the eLicenser? I don't know.
But in the end, the main problem is still that the license servers had massive problems when new versions were released. And that was the absolute worst case for Steinberg and a clear sign that the current system in this form will probably not have a long future.
So a company can't ensure to get their servers running 24/7 and you want them to implement a licensing system that relies on PERMANENT licence checks instead of only once during the purchase?
:help:

rasmusklump wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:17 am
4damind wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:12 pm When I deleted the Settings folder after a few months/years, Cubase suddenly started in a few seconds too ;) Whether CPU spikes or performance in general have something to do with the eLicenser? I don't know.
So a company can't ensure to get their servers running 24/7 and you want them to implement a licensing system that relies on PERMANENT licence checks instead of only once during the purchase?
How do you know it will be PERMANENT license checks?

I've found a way to make Cubase usable - and actually quite enjoyable - for me!!!

Turned out I had AI license with my audio interface, so I've upgraded it to Elements 11 for $49 and it's pretty great, as it's much less cluttered and overwhelming than the full fat Pro version and I don't think I've encountered any constraints that bother me, yet. And no dongle required, which is awesome! :)

Now I wish there was Reaper Lite or something :dog: :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

EnGee wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:51 am
One from Steinberg wrote it on their forum

I would also say that the plug-ins are permanently checked.
With iLok and trial licences, which then also display a message box, this seems to be only once at the start of the session, i.e. when the DAW is started, and probably also after a time X.
It could well be that it is similar with eLicenser... a "delayed" check would also make sense, that the plugins to be checked are checked one after the other, ideally in "idle mode".

antic604 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:41 am Turned out I had AI license with my audio interface, so I've upgraded it to Elements 11 for $49
I love that they give so nice upgrade options for AI. Artist is a great update too, for 150 € only.

rasmusklump wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:15 pm One from Steinberg wrote it on their forum
I read something different. Also from a Steinberg rep. :shrug:

My guess: You misunderstood it. Would be easy to figure out, if you could post a link with the statement.

Edit: Just saw though that the "eLicenser server down" thread saw a lot of editing, and, I can't find a lot of the rep's post about the plans they have for the new system. Unless it was posted in another thread. I can't remember now.
Last edited by chk071 on Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:52 pm
antic604 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:41 am Turned out I had AI license with my audio interface, so I've upgraded it to Elements 11 for $49
I love that they give so nice upgrade options for AI. Artist is a great update too, for 150 € only.
What's weird is that the upgrade from Elements (which is higher than Elements, right?) to Artist is twice that. But it also requires the eLicenser, so I'm not interested for the time being (or maybe ever).
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:56 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:52 pm
What's weird is that the upgrade from Elements (which is higher than Elements, right?) to Artist is twice that.
222 € here, in the Steinberg shop.

It's also cheaper than the upgrade from AI on the Steinberg shop, which is 272 €. I was talking about the price for the AI to Artist upgrade on Thomann's online shop. Sorry for the confusion.

As far as I can see, Thomann doesn't offer the Elements to Artist upgrade.

rasmusklump wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:15 pm
EnGee wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:51 am
One from Steinberg wrote it on their forum
I see. Well, let's wait and see. It might be better or worst than what we have. Till then, we can't be sure.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”