Valhalla Delay released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaDelay

4damind wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:53 am I still wish Sean would develop a really good phaser with a 1:1 emulation of a Smallstone.... it's a shame that there is only one (!) emulation on the market, but it is not developed further and is buggy on 64bit systems (Bigrock by ArtsAcoustic).
Well, there's e.g. Fazortan...

and then there's one in Amplitube and what not...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Yes, but none of them sounds like the Bigrock - unfortunately! This is the only plugin I still have to use with jBridge, as it is totally buggy and only runs stable in its own process.

I think Sean is the only developer who could create a really good Smallstone Phaser emulation. Especially since (Afaik) he owns most of the phasers as hardware and is a big fan of phasers in general. A phaser plugin with several modes would at least be very interesting.

The Necromancer

4damind wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:50 am Yes, but none of them sounds like the Bigrock - unfortunately! This is the only plugin I still have to use with jBridge, as it is totally buggy and only runs stable in its own process.

I think Sean is the only developer who could create a really good Smallstone Phaser emulation. Especially since (Afaik) he owns most of the phasers as hardware and is a big fan of phasers in general. A phaser plugin with several modes would at least be very interesting.
Do you want a Bigrock or a Small Stone emulation?

(And if the latter: which version of the Small Stone? Which Small Stone do you own?)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Oh, and btw.:
4damind wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:50 am I think Sean is the only developer who could create a really good Smallstone Phaser emulation.
Do you genuinely believe that? :shock: :scared:

Godfazer also has two Small Stone versions in the Multi Filter section.

/* static noise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

noiseresearch wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:07 pm Wow. Nice update. I wonder how to get informed about updates? Is there a newsletter or similar?
You can sign up for our (very) sporadic emails by creating a user account on the site, or ticking the box if you already have one. We haven't sent the email regarding this update yet.
Don Gunn
ValhallaDSP Support

/* static noise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

noiseresearch wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:17 pm Long time customer here. Whether I never "checked the box" or I'm impatient :) Thanks
Actually, we recently moved it out of the user account and put the link to sign up in the footer:

https://valhalladsp.com/newsletter/
Don Gunn
ValhallaDSP Support

Great update. Love the new phase module. But I'm most excited about a bug that was fixed on the midi data of the modes. A couple of them weren't mapped apparently, so while using Valhalla Delay in Komplete Kontrol, changing the modes was always asynchronous and would not show the correct name of the modes. Works like a charm now.

Just got the email about the update!

A new update?

A new email about the update that dropped in April.

foosnark wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:51 am A new email about the update that dropped in April.
Well...it is a delay :wink:
No auto tune...

Return to “Effects”