Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Scream

^^^

^^^
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

^^^
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

I agree!
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

+1
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Cytomic should do a final 0.9 release and promise an upgrade path to 1.0 ;)

Just kidding, I prefer Cytomic to take as much time as they are willing to spend to make their outstanding product even better.

Any news on this? :hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Surely by now this has become a joke of sorts.

rsp
sound sculptist

andy-cytomic wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:25 pm
SLiC wrote:I think little pocket money priced plugs like this are a great idea. They get people to your site, they become 'customers' and you have people to mail and make offers to- it is a great way to 'introduce' people to your work. I'm in.
Definitely! I also like being able to get new products done more quickly. The Drop was a massive undertaking and I really just want to do a few smaller, more specific little plugins before tackling another massive project like that.
I guess I wont ever tire of quoting this... :razz: :lol:

(yes, that was really posted four years ago in this very thread... )

jens wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 2:29 pm
andy-cytomic wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:25 pm
SLiC wrote:I think little pocket money priced plugs like this are a great idea. They get people to your site, they become 'customers' and you have people to mail and make offers to- it is a great way to 'introduce' people to your work. I'm in.
Definitely! I also like being able to get new products done more quickly. The Drop was a massive undertaking and I really just want to do a few smaller, more specific little plugins before tackling another massive project like that.
I guess I wont ever tire of quoting this... :razz: :lol:

(yes, that was really posted four years ago in this very thread... )
I did get the full high quality version out quickly, but based on feedback decided to add a still detailed but low cpu mode and that’s where things bogged down!

Yes, your start was certainly good!

I quite like the concept you had - I guess I am not alone with saying that I would be all over any potential siblings of the Scream... lower CPU is certainly nice and all, but had I to choose...

Well, PCs are faster now. I guess if we wait long enough, MD mode would not be that important...

Absolutely true - when this thread was started, I was still on a 4670K, but then at some point switched to at first a 8550U, then a 1065g7 and now I am on a 4800H... the latter one is almost four times as powerful as the first one.

meloco_go wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:00 pm Well, PCs are faster now. I guess if we wait long enough, MD mode would not be that important...
Using less cpu to still get great results is always going to be useful, not matter the advanced in cpu tech. If you want to use The Scream on every channel as a stereo warming plugin, or a bunch of tracks where you want great sounding drive but don't need the HD detail then the MD mode is really useful, and it's already finished some time ago.

or getting a low cpu version which could be integrated per voice into a synthesizer... ;)

Return to “Effects”