Freestyle Feature Requests

Official support for: newsonicarts.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Freestyle

It has MIDI outputs and audio inputs... Could already do that.

any plans for delay compensation for the next update ?

is this forum is dead ?
why no respond?
\

HarmonicD wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:24 am any plans for delay compensation for the next update ?
Some initial work has been done and it is planned as the next major topic after VST3, (which is currently in beta). That's all I can say for now, and just because it's planned doesn't mean it will necessarily happen. Certainly can't give a time frame or release version.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

VST3 is indeed much more important.
that's very good news!
:tu:

Little feature request. Please add duplicate to the context menu:
workflow_duplicate.png
Would improve the workflow abit. I currently create empty instruments and use copy and paste.

Btw. Freestyle is currently one of the VST chainer plugins without mouse wheel issues. I tried Unify, Element and others and these don't work very well with Pro-Q3 and Reason Rack. I hope VST3 plugins support doesn't take too long. I would help beta testing if needed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aquilyzer wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:35 pm Little feature request. Please add duplicate to the context menu
Just FYI you can use Alt-drag to duplicate
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:34 pm It has MIDI outputs and audio inputs... Could already do that.
I was thinking this would be more interesting to have support like this inside freestyle https://audiomodeling.com/camelot/featu ... 278a9-ac3f

actual support for our hardware instruments vs basic midi in/out
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Is host automation for DAWs on the horizon?

I like the morphing features. Actually, it's why I purchased Freestyle. Like Kore, I would love to see all that morphing automation show up in Cubase for further editing.

greggybud wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:51 am Is host automation for DAWs on the horizon?
You can automate the Project Macros. See the Assignment Manager panel.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:17 am
greggybud wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:51 am Is host automation for DAWs on the horizon?
You can automate the Project Macros. See the Assignment Manager panel.
Great! How long have I been missing out on this?

I messed with the new morphing feature a few months ago, but couldn't get host automation to work. At that time I thought I read here where it wasn't implemented , so I have been patient. But apparently patient too long. :)

Also, if there are any video tutorials that focus on the morphing features, this could possibly get some jaded NI Kore hold-overs converted to FreeStyle. Just an idea. :idea:

I would love to have the snapshots DAW automatable. Program Change is fine, however having like 128 snap slots be mapped directly in the DAW would allow for bidirectional sync of both the snapshot in FL and the automation lane.

Short version: prompt to save on exit (if project has changed) and when we are loading or creating different/new project (if original project has changed).
Probably has been asked before, maybe it was even implemented and I apologize if I missed that setting in options or somewhere.

Using Freestyle standalone x64 v1.6101 Public Beta on Win10 x64.

What just happened to me (long version):
After a long time I returned to Freestyle for some fooling around. Had fun, loaded older project and when patch sounded good I saved as a new snapshot, each time. Closed Freestyle and returned some time later to add new wiring idea to what I created. It was big disappointment to see it was gone forever, project returned to what it was and time was wasted just because I didn't saved the project. I got used to being asked if I wanna save before exit when there was changes. I can reproduce wiring in 10-15 minuted (if I wasn't lazy and tired right now) but finding exact same combination of samples is very unlikely.

any news for freestyle? (haven't tried it since version 1.6)
does it still have crashes?

any update list since version 1.61?

best regards

Is there going to be Apple Silicon support anytime soon? I'm ready to purchase if so.

Return to “New Sonic Arts”