Humble Bundle: Coral Painter 2023 | Painshop Pro 2023 | Video Studio | AfterShot Pro

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:46 pm
jens wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:41 pm That's certainly more that fair enough! Everyone is different and everyone has different needs.
(I have been cursing my way through the day myself already btw. trying to incorporate obj.-files in AE using Cineware :bang:, so yeah... )
If you need to do this a lot, have a look at Element 3D, its one of things we use for importing Maya->AE
Yes, good call absolutely, me thinks - Video Copilot - it has been recommened to me already for that purpose - I heard it's really great?

I think I have seen it on sale at some point last autumn but was decidedly undecided until it was too late... :dog: :oops:

The problem I had with Cineware was that it doesn't seem to play very nice with objects that have been imported into C4D before transferring over to Cineware ie. aren't of C4D origin...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:02 pm Yes, good call absolutely, me thinks - Video Copilot - it has been recommened to me already for that purpose - I heard it's really great?
Yeah, I dont think we could fault it. We have seats of Nuke as well, but we point anyone here who isn't looking to be a pro compositor (ie pretty much everyone) at AE and Element3D.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Nuke... is... deep, yes. :shock: :lol:

What's great about it is its pricing model though btw. - free for learning, inexpensive for indie-work, expensive for bug studios.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Nuke! I think it was about $7k per seat when it was still under Digital Domain, that was a while ago.
-James Cameron, that guy knows how to get it done.

In all fairness though I highly doubt he himself would get very far with it at all...

but it's amazing what can be done with it - the same goes for AE though as well b.t.w.

jens wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:29 pm bug studios
I just noticed that typo... :lol:

jens wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:19 pm I just noticed that typo... :lol:
I saw it when you posted, but valiantly resisted making stupid jokes.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

:lol: :hihi:

jens wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:19 pm In all fairness though I highly doubt he himself would get very far with it at all...

I dunno, he is quite well knows to be pretty technically inclined, reportedly he can perform any job during production. I find it hard to believe his hands aren't all over nuke. :shrug:

ghettosynth wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:08 am It is constantly on sale, but the prices that I see vary between $150 and $200 consistently. It very well could be that it's because I've not been a customer that long, or, it could be because I purchased both previous versions at a discount.
Dunno - perhaps it's country/region dependent... I still get the "unbelievable, but until xx.xx. you can get Vegas Pro Edit for 99€" every few days... (with the offer always still being valid after the current "deadline" is over)...

and yet they keep asking insane upgrade prizes to their fugly DAW Samplitude with it's minimal set of new features.

It's like they're a couple of students sitting together in their Berlin office, smoking pot all day and then randomly doing something now and then... :lol:

jens wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:06 pm
ghettosynth wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:08 am It is constantly on sale, but the prices that I see vary between $150 and $200 consistently. It very well could be that it's because I've not been a customer that long, or, it could be because I purchased both previous versions at a discount.
Dunno - perhaps it's country/region dependent... I still get the "unbelievable, but until xx.xx. you can get Vegas Pro Edit for 99€" every few days... (with the offer always still being valid after the current "deadline" is over)...
Could be. I've never seen it that low, but then, I have never given them real money for anything. If someone from the U.S. is seeing similar prices to you then we know it's not region.

It was definitely worth $30 for me to get the quality of life upgrades in 16. I probably could get by just fine with their cheaper package, but, $50 is $20 more than $30 and since my use is very utilitarian and definitely not fun, I don't want to spend more than necessary.

Got a techno pack out of the deal, I feel a smash hit coming on!
and yet they keep asking insane upgrade prizes to their fugly DAW Samplitude with it's minimal set of new features.

It's like they're a couple of students sitting together in their Berlin office, smoking pot all day and then randomly doing something now and then... :lol:
Maybe the Humble Bundles coincide with a need to make rent?

jens wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:44 am
chk071 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:35 am I'm a bit confused and ask myself what's to hate about this deal (especially when you propose spending 4 to 6 times as much at the same time...), but, hey, I stopped trying to understand KVR years ago. :P
There is no hate - it's typical KVR fashion to distort what others said and to create a sense of drama over something completely trivial such as "great deal or not such a great deal", so if you have troubles understanding KVR that might mean you confuse the hell out or yourself...

4-6 times as much? Your math skills are less than non-existant, it seems - it's 26$ vs 49$, so you could say almost twice as much or simply 23$ more. But you get a lot for these 23bucks.
I was responding to pekbro who said he could get it for $150.

Talking about understanding things, and stuff. :P

heh i think i got thst cost from ghetto's post. I didnt have any specific offer. If i said someone should pay 5x more, likely i was being facetious. :shrug:

Anyway, im over it now and no longer following the thread.

As I said, Vegas Pro Edit is $399 new, regularly. The upgrade to the latest version, if you already own it, is $199, I think. I don't know what discount offers you get, I always click those away when I get them.

I think that the current Vegas Pro 16 deal was great - I owned earlier the ver. 14.

BTW - would you recommend any additional, e.g. third party fx plugins to the Vegas?
The Suite-version includes some.
Any offers for those recently?

And - those who are interested, got just following message from the Magix support:

” Thank you for your message.
An update for the Ignite bundle is currently in the works and will be released as soon as possible to try and resolve this (non-installing) issue.
Best regards,
MAGIX Software GmbH
Supportmanager
Berliner Str. 13
01067 Dresden - Germany”.

FC plugins? That would absolutely depend on what you want to achieve. I would say the best way to approach this is to get at least a good overview of what's included.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”