BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

graywolf2004 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:18 am For VST3 it probably won't change. The target scneme for vst3 is ID = BArp, NAME = 'BlueARP'. Can you check it for vst3 ver 2.3.6? If it is so, it won't change. The issue is with vst2 only.
Unfortunately, for the VST3 the attribute "PlugInName" is currently "BlueARP.x64", so the 2.3.6 .vstpresets won't work after it's changed to "BlueARP". Anyway, don't worry, do what you have to do. Converting the presets was a 30-45 minutes job. I'll do it again when the updated version arrives.

graywolf2004 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:23 am Did you try to reboot and try to delete the folder immedialelly (without running any DAW)?
Yes, I was rebooting two or three times and had absolutelly nothing running, didn't work.

One thing I forgot to mention: yesterday it wasn't even possible to replace, rename or modify any file inside the BlueARP v2.3.2 parent folder (even after reboots). It was like the entire folder and each file inside were like "frozen". Very strange.
But fortunately this is different today, for whatever reason. So I was able to delete all files besides the parent folder with the fonts folder inside. Those are still unquenchable.

I even tried to kill/pause the windows process that (I believe) is handling fonts, this one > C:\Windows\System32\fontdrvhost.exe
But no success again.
graywolf2004 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:23 amPS. Another option - try to uninstall these Oxanium fonts, reboot and try to delete the folder. If any of this works, please write back, I will include some info into the manual.
PPS After thinking for a while, I think the best way to do is to manually remove these fonts from your system, reboot and try to remove the folder.
Well, this fonts thing is a bit strange, again lol.
As I wrote yesterday I "installed those Oxanium fonts to the Windows fonts".

OK, forget about those last two sentences. Seems I just accidently found a fix for the whole thing while writing this :eek:

I wanted to show you a screenshot regarding that "fonts thing". But it wouldn't have made sense in my native language, so I changed the system language to English.

After restarting this window popped up:

I've set LockHunter to "delete on next reboot" yesterday. It didn't work yesterday, but now after changing the system language it obviously does.
And I'm sure it would have been possible to delete the folder manually as well.
Because I installed v2.3.6 to a new folder before, and right now I could delete, rename or whatever I want with the "fonts" folder inside of it.

So changing the system language unlocked this folder, problem solved I guess.

Let me know if you need more info about it @graywolf2004 (if I can give you).

Thanks for this great piece of software btw :tu:

Update: BlueARP v2.3.7
https://graywolf2004.net/wp/?page_id=35

I changed plugin ID back to '7dWx' for VST2 to avoid compatibility issues with older projects. Please be careful with versions 2.3.5 and 2.3.6. If you saved projects with them, you may have issues with loading them with 2.3.7. For the projects saved with v2.3.2 or earlier, it should be fine.
Please check if this version 2.3.7 works with your older projects.

PS. For VST3 projects using 2.3.5 and 2.3.6 it will certainly be incompatible, sorry for this, but better to correct this now than later. The plugin is renamed from 'BlueARP.x64' to 'BlueARP' (to avoid the same mistake I introduced for VST2 years ago and now have to keep it). Worst case, you can keep both vst3's from 2.3.6 and 2.3.7, should work in theory.
Last edited by graywolf2004 on Sun May 02, 2021 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks very much for the hard work.

I'm especially concerned about OSX MIDI-FX version - is there anyone here to try it? (compatibility with the older projects). I only checked in Logic 10.2 OSX El Capitan. Now, if there are no critical issues, I will go back to the manual.

PS Yesterday I took several hours to automate routine actions I have to do on each release. So I wrote batch scripts for both windows and mac which do this automatically. They look for a version in .h file (perl command line), create folders with this name (like BlueARP_Win_VST3_v2.3.7 where '2.3.7' is a dynamic part), copy all the necessary files there (manual, ChangeLog, etc), zip these folders and copy zip files to a network share (from there I publish them to my website). It is quite a help, cause now I have to compile and prepare 5 versions of the package. So now each next release will be a bit easier )

:tu:
The notes you don't play creates the silent gaps for you to hear the notes you do play :phones:

graywolf2004 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:02 pm Update: BlueARP v2.3.7
https://graywolf2004.net/wp/?page_id=35

I changed plugin ID back to '7dWx' for VST2 to avoid compatibility issues with older projects. Please be careful with versions 2.3.5 and 2.3.6. If you saved projects with them, you may have issues with loading them with 2.3.7. For the projects saved with v2.3.2 or earlier, it should be fine.
Please check if this version 2.3.7 works with your older projects.

PS. For VST3 projects using 2.3.5 and 2.3.6 it will certainly be incompatible, sorry for this, but better to correct this now than later. The plugin is renamed from 'BlueARP.x64' to 'BlueARP' (to avoid the same mistake I introduced for VST2 years ago and now have to keep it). Worst case, you can keep both vst3's from 2.3.6 and 2.3.7, should work in theory.
One potential solution to maintain compatibility might be: BlueARP v3.

Version numbers are kind of arbitrary anyway. You can simply say BlueArp v2.3.7 will be the final version and maintains compatibility with prior versions. Then BlueArpV3 will get the new plugin ID's and improved plugin naming, then update that on a go-forward basis. This way, users can keep both on their systems, but you can kind of correct for prior decisions around plugin ID's and names that you don't want to keep forever.

The loud buzzing noise in Cubase with the VST version is gone with this new version.
Thanks.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:00 pm ...
One potential solution to maintain compatibility might be: BlueARP v3.

Version numbers are kind of arbitrary anyway. You can simply say BlueArp v2.3.7 will be the final version and maintains compatibility with prior versions. Then BlueArpV3 will get the new plugin ID's and improved plugin naming, then update that on a go-forward basis. This way, users can keep both on their systems, but you can kind of correct for prior decisions around plugin ID's and names that you don't want to keep forever.
Yeah, this is exactly what I have in mind. But before that, the current version should be around for a few months, after that (if no major issues reported by the community) I can declare it as 'legacy' and continue with v3.

I'm just starting to use BlueArp, I already knew it but it has many new things added that really completes it, congratulations, and the new skins also make it much nicer to use it (I'm sold on Dark Blue).

I was wondering if it can arpeggiate the notes pressed following a specific order AND spanning multiple octaves.
For example, just pressing C-E-G can it play in sequence C2-E2-G2-C3-E3-G3-C4-E4-G4-C5-E5-G5-G4-E4-C4-G3-E3-C3-G2-E2-C2 and then start over?

Thanks,
Mario

Here is a link to the factory preset bank, converted to the .vstpreset format:
https://nuvol.uv.es/owncloud/index.php/ ... MLPdY2j1wj

I guess it could be useful especially for people using Cubase, as it allows advanced tagging via the internal MediaBay. Also, you can use an external MIDI controller to navigate the presets which, for me, really speeds up my workflow. I'm sure other hosts also support the extension, as it is for VST3 the same that fxp was for VST2.

To install on Windows, you have to copy the folder omg-instruments to the VST Presets folder in Documents.

mabian wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:49 am I'm just starting to use BlueArp, I already knew it but it has many new things added that really completes it, congratulations, and the new skins also make it much nicer to use it (I'm sold on Dark Blue).

I was wondering if it can arpeggiate the notes pressed following a specific order AND spanning multiple octaves.
For example, just pressing C-E-G can it play in sequence C2-E2-G2-C3-E3-G3-C4-E4-G4-C5-E5-G5-G4-E4-C4-G3-E3-C3-G2-E2-C2 and then start over?

Thanks,
Mario
Of course. You'll need k1, k2 and k3 (keys 1 - 3) in the "Key select" lane, and draw them in the order you stated (basically, k1, k2, k3 in ascending order 3 times, and then in descending order 3 times). Then set the octave in the "Octave" lane for the specific steps in the sequence like you stated. Done.

This is the main reason why I took time to bring back Windows XP compatibility.
BlueARP running inside SM Pro V-MACHINE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdX8xXz0zLk

Thanks for your hard work and these updates.! VST3 is problem free now... where would I place the skins folder, so it gets picked up (VST3 only installed).?
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

Totally forgot to say... the VST3 (v2.3.7) now shows the GUI correctly after instantiation in Studio One 4 Pro. :tu:

Haven't really tested it much further though.

Return to “Instruments”