Synapse Audio OBSESSION is now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Obsession

I like the layout/design of the synth just fine. Maybe a key command toggle switch to change the panel view quickly if I had to ask for something. I've been assigning aftertouch to filter envelope sustain instead of cutoff or similar. This creates a very smooth onset/fade in of the aftertouch depending on the filter decay setting. Not all synths let you do this and I'm very pleased that this one does.

For me GUI is perfect, only thing i miss is a global Unison detune knob. Will it come with the update?

add "render @ 4* oversampling" option to the settings. GUI is fine.

Dasheesh wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:09 pm add "render @ 4* oversampling" option to the settings. GUI is fine.
Beta tester here. During testing before release, Richard (Synapse) told me Obsession is already 4x oversampled (at any situation). On the other hand, The Legend is 8x. Because Obsession's filters+amp have far less saturation than The Legend, it requires less oversampling. And he even said that they could've got away with just 2x, but for frequency modulation some reserve is always good.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Tue May 04, 2021 6:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.

i totally figured it was 2*, but what ever it is... double it.

BTW, he also said there is no benefit bumping it to 8x in the case of Obsession, and that he would rather bump Legend to 16x. So, 4x is a sweet spot for Obsession, and the synth is already as good as it can be.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Tue May 04, 2021 4:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Dasheesh wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:55 pm i totally figured it was 2*, but what ever it is... double it.
benefits?

More CPU usage for no audible difference.

AnX wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:33 pm
Dasheesh wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:55 pm i totally figured it was 2*, but what ever it is... double it.
benefits?
This doesn't appear to be a serious request based on any kind of audio quality need.

1: It is obvious that Obsession has lower sound quality then the other options on the menu, so when it adverts as "a new experience in sound quality".... it should be just that.

2: how come arcsyn oscillators sound so much more detailed? this sounds more like hypoly to me. Don't get me wrong, i love it... I use it. but there is something in this sound engine that can be improved due to the minimalism of the rest of the unit. yorrrrrr may have hit on it a few posts back.

3: if it uprates on render it's only using more cpu at render dingdong.

Dasheesh wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:57 pm 1: It is obvious that Obsession has lower sound quality then the other options on the menu
is it? based on what evidence?

Dasheesh wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:57 pm
2: how come arcsyn oscillators sound so much more detailed?
because they are not emulating obxa oscillators

you should probably read yorrrrr's posts first. He stated it outloud. also, I noticed it before yorrrrr or I would not have said anything.

it may not be oversampling btw. i like 4* oversampling myself.

its more like a spire sound tbh.

Return to “Instruments”